*~*~* Official Secondary Prompt/Essay Thread 2012-2013 *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many characters/words the Rocky Vista questions are limited to?

University of North Texas Health Science Center also had these questions:

If you attended more than two colleges/universities, explain why.

Do you consider yourself financially disadvantaged? If yes, please explain.

Do you consider yourself educationally disadvantaged? If yes, please explain.

(There wasn't a character limit stated on these questions).

Members don't see this ad :)
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine: (ACOM)

The prompts are as follows:
1. Reserved

A.T. Still University of Health Sciences - Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine: (ATSU-KCOM)

Have you applied to KCOM previously? Yes No
If yes, previous application year(s) and detail below what has changed since your last application.
1. What particular qualities do you feel you can bring to KCOM? (Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)
2. What specific experience/exposure have you had with osteopathic medicine? How has this influenced your decision to become an osteopathic physician? (Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)

A.T. Still University of Health Sciences - School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona: (ATSU-SOMA)

Have you applied to SOMA previously? Yes No
If yes, previous application year(s) and detail below what has changed since your last application.
1. What aspects of the Osteopathic Philosophy had the greatest influence in your decision to seek a career in Osteopathic Medicine? (Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)
2. What is your motivation for participating in the activities you have described in the clinical, volunteer and community service section? How have these experiences changed you? (Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)
3. How does your character, qualities, and experiences distinguish your ability and resolve to serve in underprivileged communities? (Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)

Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University: (AZCOM)

1. Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?
2. Why should AZCOM accept you into this year's class?

Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine: (CUSOM)

1. What are the top five qualities you feel you bring to CUSOM that would enhance the overall climate of our school?
2. Osteopathic medicine parallels allopathic medicine but has principles and practices that are distinct. Which of these principles and practices are of greatest interest to you and why?
3. There are many problems facing healthcare in America today. Describe your interpretation of the status of healthcare in the United States today and those challenges the patients and physicians of tomorrow will face.
4. In the event you submitted an application to another medical school last year, what improvements have you made to your application?

Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University: (CCOM)

1. Why do you believe CCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking? (1500 characters)
2. Why should CCOM accept you into this year's class? (1500 characters)

Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine: (DMU-COM)

1. Reserved

Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine: (KCUMB)

1. Reserved

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Seton Hill/Erie: (LECOM)

1. Reserved

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Bradenton Campus: (LECOM-B)

1. Reserved

Lincoln Memorial University - DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine: (LMU-DCOM)

To access the secondary, visit: http://www.lmunet.edu/dcom/admissions/process.shtml and the link will be under "Step 2"

Please write two short essays addressing the following questions:
1) What personal qualities do you possess that will help you become a successful osteopathic physician?
2) In your own life, what experiences and/or people have inspired you to become an osteopathic physician?

Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine: (MUCOM)

1. Reserved

Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine: (MSU-COM)

Personal Essay:
Background: DOs rely on their skills in empathy, interviewing and active listening to gather the information they need to provide optimal holistic care to their patients. They are trained to use a whole body approach to diagnosis and treatment. Touch is an integral part of osteopathic care, be it a handshake, a steadying hand on the shoulder, the use of palpation during a structural exam or treatment with osteopathic manipulation. DOs empower their patients by providing education, mentoring and motivation. Patients of DOs rarely leave the office without homework assignments. The doctor/patient relationship here is truly a partnership.

Essay Instructions: On a separate sheet of paper, please discuss the topic listed below. Your response should total no more than one page and the font size must not be smaller than 10 pt. Include your name and e-mail address at the top right hand corner of the page. Describe a personal experience or ethical challenge you have faced that has influenced the development of your character. How has this experience helped you to develop specific skills and/or abilities that are essential to practicing osteopathic medicine?

New York College of Osteopathic Medicine of New York Institute of Technology: (NYCOM)

To access the secondary, visit: https://guru.nyit.edu/Admissions/Adm...plication.aspx

1. List all paid work experience from high school graduation to present (with dates):
2. List all volunteer (medical and other) work experience (with dates):
3. List all research experience (with dates):
4. List and describe your hobbies and recreational interests:
5. Indicate your extracurricular activities and the extent of your involvement (officer positions, etc.) while enrolled as a student:
There seems to be no character limit for any....

Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine: (NOVA)

To access the secondary, visit: https://webstar.nova.edu/pls/PROD/bw...P_DispLoginNon

The secondary is as follows:
1. Re-list work, volunteer and shadowing
2. Pay $50

Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine: (Ohio-COM)

1. In the space provided below, indicate: why you wish to become an osteopathic physician; why you wish to attend the Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine; and any additional information you feel the college should know about you. (credit: HopefulMD9)

Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine: (OSU-COM)

To access the secondary, visit: https://centernet.okstate.edu/databa...papp/index.php

1. To what professional schools have you made application this year?
2. If not currently in school, describe present activity:
3. Why do you wish to attend OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine?
4. Is there any additional information you would like the college to know about you?

Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine: (PNWU-COM)

1. Reserved

Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - Philly: (PCOM)

1. Reserved

Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - Atlanta: (PCOM-ATL)

1. Reserved

Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine: (RVU-COM)

1. If not currently in school, describe present activity and activity since you were last a full time student. Feel free to submit a resume.
2. Were you employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate school?
3. Why do you want to become an Osteopathic physician?
4. Why do you wish to attend Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine?
5. What unique characteristics, abilities, or skill will you bring to the college and to the Osteopathic profession?
6. Add any additional information that you consider pertinent or that you feel will be of benefit as a student or as an osteopathic physician.

Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine - New York:

1. Reserved

Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine- California:

To access the secondary, visit:http://admissions.tu.edu/com/TUCAsupapp.htm

1. Awards, Work, Volunteer Re-List
2. Explain why you have chosen to apply to Touro?
3. Why should the admission committee accept you into this year's class?

Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine:

1. Reserved

University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - School of Medicine: (UMDNJ-SOM)

To access the secondary, visit: http://som.umdnj.edu/education/admis...secondary.html

Applicant Essay: [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Please complete your essay and include your responses to the following questions: (Please use font size 12 and limit your essay to one page. You may attach your essay to the application if additional space is needed.) ..

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]1. Explain the process by which you decided that osteopathic medicine was right for you? .
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]2. How does the osteopathic profession fit into your professional goals and values?.

University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine: (UNE-COM)

1. Reserved

University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine: (UNTHSC-TCOM)

To access the secondary, visit: https://my.unt.edu/psp/papd01/EMPLOY...SECUND_APP.GBL

Please address each topic in a separate paragraph:
1. In your own words, explain the concept of osteopathic medicine as you understand it. (1000 Characters or less)
2. What experiences and/or relationships have motivated you toward a career in osteopathic medicine? (1000 Characters or less)
3. Also - If applicable, please update the information contained on your TMDSAS application. Indicate any additional grades earned, alterations in your proposed coursework or graduation date, additions to your extracurricular activities, name change, or anything else you feel the Admissions Committee should know.
4. If you attended more than two colleges/universities, explain why.
5. Do you consider yourself financially disadvantaged? If yes, please explain.
6. Do you consider yourself educationally disadvantaged? If yes, please explain.

University of Pikeville Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine: (Pike-KCOM)

To access the secondary, visit: https://www.applyweb.com/apply/pikeu/

1. Enter biographical information
2. Pay $50

Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Carolinas Campus: (VCOM-CC)

1. Reserved

Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Virginia Campus: (VCOM-VC)

1. Reserved

West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine: (WVSOM)

1. Reserved

Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific: (WU-COM Pacific)

1. While shadowing a physician, what did the experience do to solidify your desire/ambition to become an osteopathic physician?
2. What criteria did you use to select a medical school and why WesternU meet your high level of expectation?
3. Describe your participation in community service activities in a medically underserved or economically disadvantaged community.
4. Explain why the opportunity to study and participate in clinical experiences in Southern California appeals to you.

William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine: (WCU-COM)

Personal Essay:
The mission of the William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine is to prepare men and women to become osteopathic physicians through an emphasis on primary care, lifelong learning, and scholarly activity. By using a community-based training model, the COM will educate and train graduates who are committed to serving the healthcare needs of all individuals with special attention directed to the medically underserved and diverse populations of the state, region, and international mission field.

In the space below, please explain how your ambitions and career plans will help WCU-COM to fulfill this mission.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 1 user
Instead of the second essay prompt posted on this thread, the provided link gives these prompts:
1) In your own life, what experiences and/or people have inspired you to become an osteopathic physician and what personal qualities do you possess that will help you become a successful osteopathic physician?
2) Medical school requires a huge commitment in time and energy. How have you prepared for this commitment?

Instead of the prompts posted on this thread for TOURO-CA, the provided link gives these prompts:
1. Describe the personal characteristics you possess and the life experiences you have had that would contribute to your becoming an outstanding osteopathic physician. Please include information that will enable the Admissions Committee to understand your unique qualities.

2. Describe your exposure to and understanding of Osteopathic Medicine. Content may include your initial introduction to the profession, its history, use in medical practice today, or any other aspects that may highlight Osteopathic Medicine's uniqueness and synergy with your envisioned future practice of medicine.

PNWU-COM I just copied and pasted this from the app.

Please follow the steps below before starting your application:

1. Write a one page, total, essay addressing the following questions:
a. What personal qualities do you possess that will make you a successful osteopathic physician?
b. Which experiences and people have inspired you to become an osteopathic physician?
c. What inspired you to apply specifically to PNWU?

2. You MUST use Internet Explorer, version 8 or older. No other browsers are compatible (i.e. Firefox, Mozilla, Safari, etc.)

3. Disable any pop-up blockers within your web browser.

4. Once you select Submit Application any saved applications are deleted.

5. A payment window will open when you hit the Submit Application button.

6. The supplemental fee is $85.00. There is a processing fee on debit/credit card transactions.

7. After payment has been process you will return to the application window to upload your essay.

8. Have the 3 required letters of recommendation submitted via Interfolio, VirtualEval, or mail;
a. one from a physician (preferably a D.O. who is member of AOA),
b. one from a science faculty familiar with your coursework, and;
c. one from a pre-medical committee or advisor (if unavailable then a second physician or second science faculty).
d. Limit additional letters to a maximum of 3.

9. Please note your application will not be reviewed until all required documents are received.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, just looking for a little bit of guidance in terms of essay writing. How do you approach the questions of "Why should we choose you" and "why do you want to go to our school specifically?" Are you just listing characteristics that you feel they value and show through examples? And for the why that school, what are some reasons you have given, and do you simply look at their mission statement and other information on their website and the CIB in order to construct something that you think they want to hear?

Hey guys, just looking for a little bit of guidance in terms of essay writing. How do you approach the questions of "Why should we choose you" and "why do you want to go to our school specifically?" Are you just listing characteristics that you feel they value and show through examples? And for the why that school, what are some reasons you have given, and do you simply look at their mission statement and other information on their website and the CIB in order to construct something that you think they want to hear?

Yes, talk about how you are unique and why those unique qualities will help improve the school. And yes, that's a fine way to answer "why this school" but you may also want to do a little more research to see if you really would like to attend that school. I know the mentality is "I'll go anywhere that will take me" but at this point act like you have multiple acceptances and learn about each school in order to decide which you would choose. It makes for a much more genuine answer.

Does anyone know character (with or w/o spaces) or word limit for Midwestern AZCOM, Ohio, and Oklahoma? I'd appreciate it! :D

Does anyone know character (with or w/o spaces) or word limit for Midwestern AZCOM, Ohio, and Oklahoma? I'd appreciate it! :D

AZCOM = 1500 characters each (I think that's what it was!)

Hey Night Hawk, I think you might want to update the secondary info. for Pikeville (KYCOM) when you can. This is what I'm seeing on the application:

Statement of Purpose: Please explain why you should be selected for training as a primary care, rural osteopathic physician. Please also explain why you are applying to KYCOM for osteopathic medical education and why you believe you will be a successful KYCOM medical student. (1-2 pages maximum)

Here is the essay question for WVSOM from last year. Hope it's still helpful :)

Please state your reasons for wishing to become an Osteopathic Physician and why you feel WVSOM should consider you as a member of this year's class.

Please forgive this rediculous question. Are secondaries a typical part of the process, or can one be accepted without provided this monotonous information? I searched what are secondaries and nothing came up. Lol

Can I say that in my personal statement and not sound corny? Here is the sentence: Also,becoming a physician would mean that my childhood dream has been (or is) accomplished.

I know this thread might be for this type of question but I just want a feedback before I submit.

Honestly, I am having trouble answering this. I maintained a high GPA throughout university that came along with dedication, determination and good work ethic - which will be carried over to medical school. That is what I have to talk about. Is there something I am missing? What do other pre meds do to prepare?

I am having the same trouble. I was thinking of putting something about having relaxation techniques to avoid stressing out? But with only two prompts, I feel like I should be writing a few paragraphs on this topic at least... Any other ideas?

anyone know what KCUMB's essay prompts are?

Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine: (ACOM)

1. What personal qualities do you possess that will make you a successful osteopathic physician?
2. In your own life, which experiences and people have inspired you to become an osteopathic physician?

A.T. Still University of Health Sciences - Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine: (ATSU-KCOM)

Have you applied to KCOM previously? Yes No
1. What particular qualities do you feel you can bring to KCOM? (Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)
2. What specific experience/exposure have you had with osteopathic medicine? How has this influenced your decision to become an osteopathic physician? (Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)

A.T. Still University of Health Sciences - School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona: (ATSU-SOMA)

Have you applied to SOMA previously? Yes No
1. What aspects of the Osteopathic Philosophy had the greatest influence in your decision to seek a career in Osteopathic Medicine? (Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)
2. What is your motivation for participating in the activities you have described in the clinical, volunteer and community service section? How have these experiences changed you? (Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)
3. How does your character, qualities, and experiences distinguish your ability and resolve to serve in underprivileged communities? (Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)

Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University: (AZCOM)

1. Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?
2. Why should AZCOM accept you into this year's class?

Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine: (CUSOM)

1. What are the top five qualities you feel you bring to CUSOM that would enhance the overall climate of our school?
2. Osteopathic medicine parallels allopathic medicine but has principles and practices that are distinct. Which of these principles and practices are of greatest interest to you and why?
3. There are many problems facing healthcare in America today. Describe your interpretation of the status of healthcare in the United States today and those challenges the patients and physicians of tomorrow will face.
4. In the event you submitted an application to another medical school last year, what improvements have you made to your application?

Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University: (CCOM)

1. Why do you believe CCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking? (1500 characters)
2. Why should CCOM accept you into this year's class? (1500 characters)

Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine: (DMU-COM)

1. Biographical Data
2. Give them money...

Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine: (KCUMB)

1. Describe your motivation for applying to KCUMB’s College of Osteopathic Medicine, and address the unique qualities and characteristics you would bring to our University and the osteopathic profession. (2500 Characters)

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Seton Hill/Erie: (LECOM)

1. Biographical Data
2. Pay $50

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Bradenton Campus: (LECOM-B)

1. Biographical Data
2. Pay $50

Lincoln Memorial University - DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine: (LMU-DCOM)

To access the secondary, visit: http://www.lmunet.edu/dcom/admissions/process.shtml and the link will be under "Step 2"

Please write two short essays addressing the following questions:
1. In your own life, what experiences and/or people have inspired you to become an osteopathic physician and what personal qualities
do you possess that will help you become a successful osteopathic physician?
2. Medical school requires a huge commitment in time and energy. How have you prepared for this commitment?

Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine: (MUCOM)

The prompts are as follows: 1-2 paragraphs for each
1. List/explain research.
2. Why MU-COM?
3. What specialty interests you most and why?
4. List shadowing experience.
5. Would you want to practice in Indiana and why?

Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine: (MSU-COM)

Personal Essay:
Background: DOs rely on their skills in empathy, interviewing and active listening to gather the information they need to provide optimal holistic care to their patients. They are trained to use a whole body approach to diagnosis and treatment. Touch is an integral part of osteopathic care, be it a handshake, a steadying hand on the shoulder, the use of palpation during a structural exam or treatment with osteopathic manipulation. DOs empower their patients by providing education, mentoring and motivation. Patients of DOs rarely leave the office without homework assignments. The doctor/patient relationship here is truly a partnership.

Essay Instructions: On a separate sheet of paper, please discuss the topic listed below. Your response should total no more than one page and the font size must not be smaller than 10 pt. Include your name and e-mail address at the top right hand corner of the page. Describe a personal experience or ethical challenge you have faced that has influenced the development of your character. How has this experience helped you to develop specific skills and/or abilities that are essential to practicing osteopathic medicine?

New York College of Osteopathic Medicine of New York Institute of Technology: (NYCOM)

To access the secondary, visit: https://guru.nyit.edu/Admissions/Adm...plication.aspx

1. List all paid work experience from high school graduation to present (with dates):
2. List all volunteer (medical and other) work experience (with dates):
3. List all research experience (with dates):
4. List and describe your hobbies and recreational interests:
5. Indicate your extracurricular activities and the extent of your involvement (officer positions, etc.) while enrolled as a student:
There seems to be no character limit for any....

Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine: (NOVA)

To access the secondary, visit: https://webstar.nova.edu/pls/PROD/bw...P_DispLoginNon

1. Re-list work, volunteer and shadowing
2. Pay $50

Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine: (Ohio-COM)

1. In the space provided below, indicate: why you wish to become an osteopathic physician; why you wish to attend the Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine; and any additional information you feel the college should know about you. (credit: HopefulMD9)

Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine: (OSU-COM)

To access the secondary, visit: https://centernet.okstate.edu/databa...papp/index.php

1. To what professional schools have you made application this year?
2. If not currently in school, describe present activity:
3. Why do you wish to attend OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine?
4. Is there any additional information you would like the college to know about you?

Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine: (PNWU-COM)

1. Write a one page, total, essay addressing the following questions:
a. What personal qualities do you possess that will make you a successful osteopathic physician?
b. Which experiences and people have inspired you to become an osteopathic physician?
c. What inspired you to apply specifically to PNWU?

Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - Philly: (PCOM)

The prompt is as follows:
1. Noting the mission and objectives of the Osteopathic profession and PCOM, please describe your personal characteristics that demonstrate your interest in this field. Include an example of an event in which your actions directly influenced the life of another person and relate this to your goal of becoming a DO. (250 words)

Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - Atlanta: (PCOM-ATL)

The prompt is as follows:
1. Noting the mission and objectives of the Osteopathic profession and PCOM, please describe your personal characteristics that demonstrate your interest in this field. Include an example of an event in which your actions directly influenced the life of another person and relate this to your goal of becoming a DO. (250 words)

Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine: (RVU-COM)

1. If not currently in school, describe present activity and activity since you were last a full time student. Feel free to submit a resume.
2. Were you employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate school?
3. Why do you want to become an Osteopathic physician?
4. Why do you wish to attend Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine?
5. What unique characteristics, abilities, or skill will you bring to the college and to the Osteopathic profession?
6. Add any additional information that you consider pertinent or that you feel will be of benefit as a student or as an osteopathic physician.

Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine - New York:

1. Reserved

Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine- California:

To access the secondary, visit:http://admissions.tu.edu/com/TUCAsupapp.htm

1. Awards, Work, Volunteer Re-List
2. Explain why you have chosen to apply to Touro?
3. Why should the admission committee accept you into this year's class?
4. Provide a one page, computer-generaed response to each of the following prompts. Please number each reaponse seperately. Each response should be a minimum 12 point font and may be single or double spaced.
A. Describe the personal characteristics you possess and the life experiences you have had that would contribute to your becoming an outstanding osteopathic physician. Please include information that will enable the Admissions Committee to understand your unique qualities.
B. Describe your exposure to and understanding of Osteopathic Medicine. Content may include your initial introduction to the profession, its history, use in medical practice today, or any other aspects that may highlight Osteopathic Medicine's uniqueness and synergy with your envisioned future practice of medicine

Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine:

1. Enter Biographical Data
2. Pay them...

University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - School of Medicine: (UMDNJ-SOM)

To access the secondary, visit: http://som.umdnj.edu/education/admis...secondary.html

Applicant Essay: [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Please complete your essay and include your responses to the following questions: (Please use font size 12 and limit your essay to one page. You may attach your essay to the application if additional space is needed.) ..

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]1. Explain the process by which you decided that osteopathic medicine was right for you? .
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]2. How does the osteopathic profession fit into your professional goals and values?.

University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine: (UNE-COM)

1. Describe your particular interest in attending UNECOM and any contact you have had with UNECOM students, alumni, faculty or clinicians, admissions/student affairs staff members, etc. How did these interactions influence your decision to apply? (2000 Characters Max)
2. Please explain any gaps in education or employment. Indicate any changes/additions in education, employment, experiences, research, etc. since submitting your AACOMAS application. (2000 Characters Max)
3. Please explain any academic difficulties you encountered during your academic career. What insight or knowledge have you gained from these experiences that you will bring to your studies at UNECOM? (2000 Characters Max)
4. Describe how you see the role of physicians in society (outside the direct practice of medicine). What experiences have you had that demonstrate your readiness to meet these future role expectations? (2000 Characters Max)

University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine: (UNTHSC-TCOM)

To access the secondary, visit: https://my.unt.edu/psp/papd01/EMPLOY...SECUND_APP.GBL

Please address each topic in a separate paragraph:
1. In your own words, explain the concept of osteopathic medicine as you understand it. (1000 Characters or less)
2. What experiences and/or relationships have motivated you toward a career in osteopathic medicine? (1000 Characters or less)
3. Also - If applicable, please update the information contained on your TMDSAS application. Indicate any additional grades earned, alterations in your proposed coursework or graduation date, additions to your extracurricular activities, name change, or anything else you feel the Admissions Committee should know.
4. If you attended more than two colleges/universities, explain why.
5. Do you consider yourself financially disadvantaged? If yes, please explain.
6. Do you consider yourself educationally disadvantaged? If yes, please explain.

University of Pikeville Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine: (Pike-KCOM)

To access the secondary, visit: https://www.applyweb.com/apply/pikeu/

1. Please explain why you should be selected for training as a primary care, rural osteopathic physician. Please also explain why you are applying to KYCOM for osteopathic medical education and why you believe you will be a successful KYCOM medical student. (1-2 pages maximum)

Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Carolinas Campus: (VCOM-CC)

1. List/Describe any work or volunteer opportunities NOT on AACOMAS (this one is more of a fill in the blank one rather than an essay
2. What are the top five qualities you feel you bring to VCOM that would enhance the overall climate of our college? (500 words)
3. Osteopathic medicine parallels allopathic medicine but has principles and practices that are distinct. Which of these principles and practices are of greatest interest to you and why? (500 words)
4. There are many problems facing healthcare in America today. Describe your interpretation of the status of healthcare in the United States today and those challenges the patients and physicians of tomorrow will face.(500 words)
5. In the event you submitted an application to VCOM last year, what improvements have you made to your application? (500 words)
6. If you have not completed all the prerequisite coursework, please state how you intend on completing it prior to matriculation. (500 words)

Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Virginia Campus: (VCOM-VC)

1. List/Describe any work or volunteer opportunities NOT on AACOMAS (this one is more of a fill in the blank one rather than an essay
2. What are the top five qualities you feel you bring to VCOM that would enhance the overall climate of our college? (500 words)
3. Osteopathic medicine parallels allopathic medicine but has principles and practices that are distinct. Which of these principles and practices are of greatest interest to you and why? (500 words)
4. There are many problems facing healthcare in America today. Describe your interpretation of the status of healthcare in the United States today and those challenges the patients and physicians of tomorrow will face.(500 words)
5. In the event you submitted an application to VCOM last year, what improvements have you made to your application? (500 words)
6. If you have not completed all the prerequisite coursework, please state how you intend on completing it prior to matriculation. (500 words)

West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine: (WVSOM)

1. Please state your reasons for wishing to become an Osteopathic Physician and why you feel WVSOM should consider you as a member of this year's class.

Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific: (COMP-Pomona)

1. While shadowing a physician, what did the experience do to solidify your desire/ambition to become an osteopathic physician? (1650 Characters)
2. Describe your participation in community service activities and state why this experience was important to you. (1650 Characters)

Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific, Northwest: (COMP-Lebanon)

1. While shadowing a physician, what did the experience do to solidify your desire/ambition to become an osteopathic physician? (1650 Characters)
2. Describe your participation in community service activities and state why this experience was important to you. (1650 Characters)

William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine: (WCU-COM)

Personal Essay:
The mission of the William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine is to prepare men and women to become osteopathic physicians through an emphasis on primary care, lifelong learning, and scholarly activity. By using a community-based training model, the COM will educate and train graduates who are committed to serving the healthcare needs of all individuals with special attention directed to the medically underserved and diverse populations of the state, region, and international mission field.

In the space below, please explain how your ambitions and career plans will help WCU-COM to fulfill this mission.
Does anyone know what Touro NY's secondary prompt looks like yet?

Shout out to Night Hawk for keeping up on this thread. I may have started it, but he's the real daddy. I don't even pay child support. ;)

Anyone have Touro NY's prompt?

I found this on last year's thread..

Please discuss how your background, experience or academic program has prepared you for meeting the TouroCOM Mission, Goals or Objectives. Please limit your essay to 2 pages. On a separate sheet of paper, consider addressing a few areas; Why Osteopathic Medicine? Why Harlem? Have you been exposed to a diverse environment? How did you contribute? How has your academic background and personal experiences prepared you for medical school? Can you express how you were influenced by a shadowing experience?

Are my secondary essays too short?

I'm working on my secondaries tonight. For some of the questions I think that I have adequately answered them in just 300 words. Does that seem too short?

Don't worry about the length. Just be concise and thorough.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile