Forum Members Official "Should I Retake?" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
EDIT 12/21/18: This thread is being retired, as the majority of posts (>80 pages) pertain to the old MCAT that is no longer relevant to current applicants. You can find the current "Should I Retake" thread here: Forum Members - Should I Retake the MCAT?

For those of you who are trying to figure out whether you should re-take, this is the thread for you. Post your dilemma here if you want advice from other SDN folks. Please note that you should take the opinions you get from SDN as one source of advice; you would be wise to also consult your premed advisor before making this decision. Here is my personal advice for those considering whether to re-take:

Definitely DO retake:
-if you scored below a 24. Some allopathic schools will screen out students with scores lower than 24, which is about the mean score for all test-takers.
-if you had some kind of major problem during the test that affected your performance (ex. you started puking or running a 102 degree temperature)
-if you took the test without completing the four pre-reqs (one year each of biology, chemistry, physics, and organic) and/or without studying for it
-if you left large numbers of questions blank​

Definitely do NOT retake:
-if you scored a 30 or better, especially if all of your individual section scores were an 8 or better
-if your section subscores (the numerical ones) are all good, but you didn't perform well on the writing section (the letter score)

Gray area-it's not obvious what to do:
-if you scored 30+ but with one section below an 8
-if you had some minor nuisances (ex. a noisy test room) during the test and you're not sure if it affected your performance
-if you studied thoroughly for the test and you scored within the range of your practice exams, but your score is in the middle range (24-29)​

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys. So i got my score today and got a balanced 11/11/11 33 Mcat and am a CA resident.
My average was a 35.5 with a range from 34-38 and my last three fl average being 37. I was disappointed with this score but overall am happy I have the opportunity to fulfill my dream.

I have a 3.9 gpa science and overall and am a very cookie cutter applicant when it comes to EC's. Basic volunteering Basic research. My goal was to get into a Ca school, based on my Mcat do I have a chance at top tier schools or is a retake suggested.

basically will a 33 Mcat hold me back from top tier schools?

Thanks to any replies
Its not recommended to retake a score like 33 because you might end up with a lower score. Your gpa is excellent and a 33 complements that. I think you will be fine.

You're first score was already good enough for some schools (maybe depending on your state of residency).

Anyways, now that you're retaken already, I don't think you should take it once more.

You'll be fine for DO most likely but it sounds like you want MD. The GPA is on the low side for MD. Is your cGPA better than sGPA?

My cGPA is almost the same as my sGPA. And you're right, I am aiming for MD schools. I have applied to 12 MD schools this season and was complete mid-June, so there is still some hope there, but I am leaning toward prepping for the MCAT again and, if my practice test scores are high enough, taking it again.

Unbalanced 35 (13Ps 8VR 14BS) 3.99GPA

I'm afraid the 8 will raise flags and hinder me from schools like Albert Einstein. Any tips?

Members don't see this ad :)
Unbalanced 35 (13Ps 8VR 14BS) 3.99GPA

I'm afraid the 8 will raise flags and hinder me from schools like Albert Einstein. Any tips?

Would not retake. Your GPA is already super
High. Improving an 8 in verbal will be hard if that's what you were hitting on practice exams.

Retook it and went down a point. Should I retake again?

4/11 test: 8PS, 9VR, 12 BS. 29 total.
8/27: 11PS, 7VR, 10BS. 28 total.

Retook it and went down a point. Should I retake again?

4/11 test: 8PS, 9VR, 12 BS. 29 total.
8/27: 11PS, 7VR, 10BS. 28 total.

Absolutely not! Are you kidding me! You have just proven that your true MCAT is probably between 27-30. Just stick with your current score unless you can magically muster up a 35+

Absolutely not! Are you kidding me! You have just proven that your true MCAT is probably between 27-30. Just stick with your current score unless you can magically muster up a 35+
Agree. Taking an another time will just cause a drop in one section and a gain in another. UNLESS, you absolutely feel that you will be able to get a 32 or higher.

I just got a 32 overall
12/11/9

GPA: 3.98
Practice AAMC Average: 39

I knew I did worse than my usual when I was writing the test but I didn't expect my score to be 7 below my average...
I was really hoping to go for a top tier school but with a 32 its extremely unrealistic.
Should I retake? If I do then I have to take the Nov. 7th one which only gives me a month to study.

I just got a 32 overall
12/11/9

I knew I did worse than my usual when I was writing the test but I didn't expect my score to be 7 below my average...
I was really hoping to go for a top tier school but with a 32 its extremely unrealistic.
Should I retake? If I do then I have to take the Nov. 7th one which only gives me a month to study.
32 is a good score since your GPA is excellent. Frankly, its going to be your personal call. You can get into a bunch of medical schools with these stats as long as your ECs are good. Its not recommended to retake a score like 32 since most schools look at your most recent score and there is always a risk of getting a lower score.

Long time lurker here.
Overall 33
PS 10
VR 9
BS 14
GPA 3.76
CA resident

The unbalanced score, 9 in verbal, and CA resident is what has me concerned. ECs aren't outstanding, but not terrible. Appreciate any help!

I just got a 32 overall
12/11/9

No, your score is fine and should not be retaken. Did you simulate actual testing conditions for your practice tests? I'm talking about nothing during your break that isn't allowed on real test, practice tests were same time of the day as the real one, you've never seen the tests before, you didn't eat anything you wouldn't eat during the real test, you felt the same nervousness, etc.

Long time lurker here.
Overall 33
PS 10
VR 9
BS 14
GPA 3.76
CA resident

The unbalanced score, 9 in verbal, and CA resident is what has me concerned. ECs aren't outstanding, but not terrible. Appreciate any help!

Definitely not. Retaking a 33 would be crazy and will be a red flag to many schools, including California schools, since they might label you as a "neurotic/gunner/over-perfectionist/competitive/entitled" type of applicant.

Overall 27
PS 9
VR 8
BS 10

GPA 3.62

EC: Publication (abstract), 1 year of Clinical neuropedatric research + conference presentations (2 awards), Work at a non-profit (Brain injury society), served for 5+ years, + other less significant volunteer experiences. PADI certified, Semester of school in France (HS), Bilingual.

practice AAMC avg ~ 32
VR was always >10 on my practice tests. though ...

Overall 27
PS 9
VR 8
BS 10

GPA 3.62

EC: Publication (abstract), 1 year of Clinical neuropedatric research + conference presentations (2 awards), Work at a non-profit (Brain injury society), served for 5+ years, + other less significant volunteer experiences. PADI certified, Semester of school in France (HS), Bilingual.

practice AAMC avg ~ 32
VR was always >10 on my practice tests. though ...

How accurately did you simulate real testing conditions?

Members don't see this ad :)
I always wrote them under the same test-like time constraints... I had to travel to write my test though, and this meant sleeping on a friends couch for the two nights before the test.

Did you take them at around the same time of day, ate the same food, did the same things during breaks, took it in a place with a lot of other people?

Did you take them at around the same time of day, ate the same food, did the same things during breaks, took it in a place with a lot of other people?
No, those things varied highly, there was also a time difference in Montreal which sucked + the stress of new city/environment. Doesn't matter now though, I just want some opinion on what my realistic option are and what to do next. It sucks though, I really feel as though I under-performed.

No, those things varied highly, there was also a time difference in Montreal which sucked + the stress of new city/environment. Doesn't matter now though, I just want some opinion on what my realistic option are and what to do next. It sucks though, I really feel as though I under-performed.

A 27 will not disqualify you from MD programs. It's on the low side, but the majority, if not all, MD programs do not screen an 8 in any subsection. You will have to apply broadly and strategically if you are going to apply with a 27.

If you're going to retake, change how you were studying. Also, you must take full practice exams under similar testing environments including time, food, breaks, people, etc.

A 27 will not disqualify you from MD programs. It's on the low side, but the majority, if not all, MD programs do not screen an 8 in any subsection. You will have to apply broadly and strategically if you are going to apply with a 27.

If you're going to retake, change how you were studying. Also, you must take full practice exams under similar testing environments including time, food, breaks, people, etc.

Do you think it would definitely be worth it to write the 2015 MCAT though?

Do you think it would definitely be worth it to write the 2015 MCAT though?

It really depends on you and what your goals are. I don't think there's a BAD reason to write it. I'm mostly cognizant of reasons why you shouldn't retake the MCAT. Best of luck with your decision, though.

Actual MCAT: Total 35 (PS 12, VR 10, BS 13)
Average from AAMC 3-10: Total 36 (PS 11, VR 12, BS 13)

I'm a non-trad currently in a Neuroscience PhD program, with a first-author paper and numerous conference poster presentations. I'm aiming for MD programs for research reasons.

The problem is that I need to make up for a very poor undergrad GPA 15+ years ago (2.99). I have been taking all the prereqs as a do-it-youself postbac, with As and the very occasional B. Even so, I expect to have a cGPA for undergrad-level classes of only 3.2 at application time next summer. I feel that my only hope for being accepted into a med school with a decent research program is to improve my MCAT score further. Should I try, or leave it alone and spend the time increasing clinical experience and ECs?

I am not sure what happened with the verbal section. I never did that bad on any of the practice tests, and coming out of the MCAT I expected verbal to be my highest score. I had never been so sure of my verbal answers and expected a 13 or 14. I wonder now if I somehow missed a passage. I studied through the summer but I still felt a little shaky on PS and organic chem at test time. I feel that I could probably improve those a point each to 13 PS and 14 BS.

You did so well on the MCAT, yet I cannot possibly understand what reasoning is going through your mind to merit a retake. You have absolutely no reason to consider one. You got an incredible score well within your AAMC average. The possibility of doing worse on a retake is incredibly high. Retaking this test would not only be a bad move, it would be a red flag at many schools, since it shows poor judgement on your part.

Actual MCAT: Total 35 (PS 12, VR 10, BS 13)
Average from AAMC 3-10: Total 36 (PS 11, VR 12, BS 13)

I'm a non-trad currently in a Neuroscience PhD program, with a first-author paper and numerous conference poster presentations. I'm aiming for MD programs for research reasons.

The problem is that I need to make up for a very poor undergrad GPA 15+ years ago (2.99). I have been taking all the prereqs as a do-it-youself postbac, with As and the very occasional B. Even so, I expect to have a cGPA for undergrad-level classes of only 3.2 at application time next summer. I feel that my only hope for being accepted into a med school with a decent research program is to improve my MCAT score further. Should I try, or leave it alone and spend the time increasing clinical experience and ECs?

I am not sure what happened with the verbal section. I never did that bad on any of the practice tests, and coming out of the MCAT I expected verbal to be my highest score. I had never been so sure of my verbal answers and expected a 13 or 14. I wonder now if I somehow missed a passage. I studied through the summer but I still felt a little shaky on PS and organic chem at test time. I feel that I could probably improve those a point each to 13 PS and 14 BS.

From my limited experience browsing these forums, it is highly frowned upon to retake an MCAT > low 30's. A 35 puts you in the top 5% or so...that's amazing lol. It is also right around you average. You did REALLY WELL. Also, the longer you are out of school, the less your undergrad GPA matters, especially if it is from 15 years ago. I'm not sure how schools will take your "do-it-yourself postbac" into account, but your PhD GPA will count on AMCAS as well. Honestly, whatever you get above a 35 (you also risk scoring lower) will not really impact your application. A 35 is fantastic. Good job =D

I would also post in WAMC (What Are My Chances Thread) and get their opinions. The adcoms there will help you improve your application, but I almost guarantee you no one would recommend that you re-take the MCAT. Good luck!

Here is a question.

Im 23 soon to be 24 y/o Texas resident.

I have a very strong GPA good enough for any school in Texas and have taken the MCAT twice and have strong E.C's as well including research but no pub. My MCAT scores are 11/5/10 first time and 12/7/10 second time

I trasmitted in late June and towards end July all my secondaries were out. So far I only have one II, at one of the more competitive schools in Texas, so I don't expect to get in after the II. I haven't heard anything from the less competitive schools like PFLSOM and Texas A&M even though my numbers are competitive for those schools.
I need to start studying now if I want to be ready to take the Jan 2015 MCAT which I am signed up for. Should I throw in the towel and try next cycle? I do think I can raise my verbal some (1 to 2 pt) and go up 1 pt in BS but my PS is likely to fall 1 pt. This is just a hunch, I have nothing concrete. I just have been working since early 2014 to get better at reading comprehension.

11/9/9
3.5 GPA
Research
2 possible publications in ophthalmology pending
Research on muscular dystrophy
Senior undergrad
Plan to do research at NIH during gap year
Extreme High upward trend 3.1 gpa freshman sophomore year to 3.9 junior year and doing well so far senior year.
Excellent letters of rec
average volunteer and shadowing
-100 Hours volunteer at hospital
-150 hours of shadowing mostly a psychiatrist
-Currently scheduled for retake in january
-any shot at MD schools?

11/9/9
3.5 GPA
Research
2 possible publications in ophthalmology pending
Research on muscular dystrophy
Senior undergrad
Plan to do research at NIH during gap year
Extreme High upward trend 3.1 gpa freshman sophomore year to 3.9 junior year and doing well so far senior year.
Excellent letters of rec
average volunteer and shadowing
-100 Hours volunteer at hospital
-150 hours of shadowing mostly a psychiatrist
-Currently scheduled for retake in january
-any shot at MD schools?

Yes, you can get into MD schools if you apply broadly and strategically.

4.0 GPA
28 MCAT - 10/6/12

Thinking of retaking, but the 2015 test.

How should I improve in verbal over several months? I know I have to start reading. I will read the economist magazine weekly (I ordered it, it comes weekly) and I will also read books/novels in my spare time.

4.0 GPA
28 MCAT - 10/6/12

Thinking of retaking, but the 2015 test.

How should I improve in verbal over several months? I know I have to start reading. I will read the economist magazine weekly (I ordered it, it comes weekly) and I will also read books/novels in my spare time.

Rather than just simply read, also focus on analysis. While you are reading, always ask yourself what is the author's opinion on what is going on and how they are trying to convey it through language.

Reactions: 1 user
Should I retake?

MCAT: Total 31 (PS 07, VR 13, BS 11)

I took the test completely cold with no prep whatsoever, to see how I could do. I'm sure if I put in some work, I could probably improve the PS score, there were a couple of physics problems on my test that tested subjects that my undergraduate physics professor never got around to teaching. Though if this score is good enough, I would rather not retake. Comments? Anybody have experience taking the test cold and then preparing/retaking? Thanks

Should I retake?

I took the test completely cold with no prep whatsoever, to see how I could do. I'm sure if I put in some work, I could probably improve the PS score, there were a couple of physics problems on my test that tested subjects that my undergraduate physics professor never got around to teaching. Though if this score is good enough, I would rather not retake. Comments? Anybody have experience taking the test cold and then preparing/retaking? Thanks
OMG, you get 13 in verbal w no prep? ppl tend to score 2-3 pts higher the second time they take it. since you did not prepare the first time, i say it is very likely that you will score higher w more preparation.

Dropped 6 points from my AAMC average.

Actual MCAT: 34 (12PS/10VR/12BS)
AAMC Average: 40 (14PS/12.5VR/13.5BS)

I think this was due to a combination of test day jitters (definitely wasn't thinking straight during PS) and getting unlucky with a combination of passages on my less stellar topics.

This is my lowest score, besides the 33 I got on AAMC 3 (which I took before I finished content review). I'm very disappointed with my PS because I consistently scored 14s, and quite disappointed with my VR since I was usually hitting 12s. I also found VR to be quite a breeze during the real test, so I was expecting a better score. I was seriously considering voiding the exam and now realize that I should have gone with my gut feeling, but you know... hindsight is 20/20.

I have a 4.0 GPA at a very competitive university and pretty solid activities (Research (2 international conference presentations, 1 peer-reviewed abstract publication, and 1 pending peer-reviewed full manuscript publication (first author), with more to come as I have at least 1.5 years left in the lab), good clinical experience (volunteer medical assistant with one-on-one patient interaction), and a handful of other volunteer experiences (including teaching and leadership). I'm aiming for top tier schools, and am very very keen on either being in California (ideal) or if not, a big city on the East Coast so that my boyfriend can find a job near wherever I attend med school.

My biggest question is whether I should retake in January (and pray that I find a seat in the contiguous US states) or if I should change my plans of applying next cycle and take a year off, during which I would take the new MCAT in early 2016. I was set on applying next cycle and never really gave a thought to taking a year off, but I'm starting to consider it... But perhaps it would be easier/more familiar to just retake in January? I used up all my AAMC and TBR FL's though, so I'll need to find new prep materials. It'll also mean juggling school and MCAT prep at the same time. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I went down 4 points from my AAMC average.
Real test I got a 30 (11,10,9).

My two lowest practice tests were a 31 and 32. Last 4 were 35, 35, 36, 36, and I've always gotten either 13 or 14 on PS. I'm really not sure what went wrong on the real thing. I wasn't especially nervous and did a good job replicating test conditions during the practice tests.

I have just under a 3.6 cGPA/sGPA, and my ECs are decent. I'm a MN resident. I would like to get into any MD school, but DO would be ok too. It looks like a bit under 50% of people get in with my stats, but with a 35, about 75% get in. I'd prefer to not go through the application process more than once.

So retake or no?

Should I retake?

I've heard rumors that some schools auto-screen by MCAT section scores; if this is true the 7 could hold you back at certain places. That being said, it's probably resonable to expect improvement in the science sections with a bit of studying and review, BUT the odds of scoring 13+ on verbal again are low. Maybe not winning-the-lottery low...but the margins for error in the upper reaches of VR are so small that the score is almost bound to drop.

Actual MCAT: Total 31 (PS 12, VR 8, BS 11)
Average from AAMC: Total 33 (PS 11, VR 9, BS 13)
uGPA: 3.7ish

I'm from CA and I feel the need to score better than 31 to get into a MD school; willing to move to any state, but prefer a research university. My best score being AAMC11 (36), and worst being AAMC3 (29). I have very good EC (mostly research) and LORs but I need to do clinical volunteering and shadowing. I've been working full-time, but am willing to leave my job to prepare for this! I would appreciate any comments!

Actual MCAT: Total 31 (PS 12, VR 8, BS 11)
Average from AAMC: Total 33 (PS 11, VR 9, BS 13)
uGPA: 3.7ish

I'm from CA and I feel the need to score better than 31 to get into a MD school; willing to move to any state, but prefer a research university. My best score being AAMC11 (36), and worst being AAMC3 (29). I have very good EC (mostly research) and LORs but I need to do clinical volunteering and shadowing. I've been working full-time, but am willing to leave my job to prepare for this! I would appreciate any comments!

A 31 is average for matriculants. You'll be fine if you apply broadly and strategically outside of the state of California. You were a few points from you average which is pretty normal. What's going to keep you out isn't going to be your MCAT, but your lack of clinical volunteering and shadowing, so beef those up, apply as early as you can, and you should be sitting on some interview invites this time next year. Congrats on the score!

A 31 is average for matriculants. You'll be fine if you apply broadly and strategically outside of the state of California. You were a few points from you average which is pretty normal. What's going to keep you out isn't going to be your MCAT, but your lack of clinical volunteering and shadowing, so beef those up, apply as early as you can, and you should be sitting on some interview invites this time next year. Congrats on the score!

Thanks, Heplayer92! Yes, I definitely need to do some shadowing and clinical volunteering. I'm not sure how to get clinical volunteering, because I am not a student anymore. If I want to apply as MD/PhD(!), then I definitely need to retake, right? :-(
I'm gonna try to apply early in June broadly; thank god I saved $$ haha.

Thanks, Heplayer92! Yes, I definitely need to do some shadowing and clinical volunteering. I'm not sure how to get clinical volunteering, because I am not a student anymore. If I want to apply as MD/PhD(!), then I definitely need to retake, right? :-(
I'm gonna try to apply early in June broadly; thank god I saved $$ haha.

I believe a 31 is a few points below average for MD/PhD. But you can still do a lot of research as an MD. If you really like research you could just get a PhD? Your interests/ECs seem to have been tailored towards that =P and that may be a question they ask you at interviews! That's a solid plan, and good luck!

I took it the first time this past May and got

PS 14
VR 9
BS 11

A total of 34, although not very balanced, obviously. I spoke to my advisor and she said it was a great score, but since my GPA will be around a 3.3 come application time, she wasn't sure if I should retake it again. I'm going back and forth on whether I should retake it or not. I'm confident I can bump it up to a 36-38, but am not sure if it'll even be worth it or make a difference.

PS 14
VR 9
BS 11

A total of 34, although not very balanced, obviously. I spoke to my advisor and she said it was a great score, but since my GPA will be around a 3.3 come application time, she wasn't sure if I should retake it again. I'm going back and forth on whether I should retake it or not. I'm confident I can bump it up to a 36-38, but am not sure if it'll even be worth it or make a difference.

please don't retake. that's an incredible score with not a ton of room for improvement (very hard to improve VR, and your PS will likely decrease). apply wisely to MD schools within reach and a few DO for safety and you'll have a good shot.

I took the MCAT 08/15 and got a 27- PS 9, VR 8, BS 10. I studied all summer for the test, took a course, etc., and felt I knew the material, but I could not manage to do very well on the practice tests. The MCAT was a hard test for me.

I'm a CA resident, senior at UC Berkeley. I'll probably finish with a 3.7 GPA. I don't have many ECs BUT that's in part because I've had major health problems (including two major surgeries) while I've been in college. I do plan to take a gap year and do something interesting and relevant to medical school applications, especially because I am lacking experience.

Should I retake? I've always been aiming for MD, not DO. I don't know that my odds are great of doing better if I retook the test, and I don't know how the change would affect things.

Advice is greatly appreciated.

PS: 10
VR: 9
BS: 10
Took the MCAT on 9/4/14 and got a 29. I want to retake, but the problem is that I've pretty much used up a lot of my resources to study, hoping that I would get the score I want the first time around. I've done all the passages in the TBR books, EK101 Verbal, TPR Hyperlearning Verbal, and AAMC 3-11. Does anyone know anything that is helpful to use to prepare for a retake? :( Thank you!

PS 14
VR 9
BS 11

Absolutely not and you can't make the assumption that you can bring it up to a 36-38.

Hey guys, I got a 31
PS: 12, VR: 9, BS: 10
I have a 3.9 GPA as a Bioengineering major, my initial thoughts were no need for a retake but I've been second guessing myself due to the single digit verbal score. I thought I'd get some opinions please, to see if I should retake before the MCAT changes.
Thanks

Absolutely not. Your stats are competitive for MD med schools if you apply broadly.

What were you averaging?

Sent from The World Tree using SDN Mobile

Hi guys!

I recently received my MCAT score and wanted some input
Total: 29
10P
9V
10B

GPA 3.76, sGPA 3.7
Mexican female (if that matters)

Hi guys!

I recently received my MCAT score and wanted some input
Total: 29
10P
9V
10B

GPA 3.76, sGPA 3.7
Mexican female (if that matters)

I wouldn't retake. It's balanced and not too far off for a URM. You should be fine if you apply strategically.

Hello all,

I'm in the midst of a DIY post bacc at my alma mater to kick up my gpa (3.1, but all As right now! Hurrah!) after an unsuccessful application this past round. I took the MCAT January of 2013 and scored an 11/11/11, and as a Texas resident planning on only applying TMDSAS that score doesn't expire for 5 years. However, I barely prepped for the test - I took the free sample test online, got a 32, and was appeased. If I study and can consistently score a 35+, would it be worth signing up for the 2015 test? I need to improve my app as much as possible for this second try, but if you all think that it wouldn't be worth it I can spend my time on other related things.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Hello all,

I'm in the midst of a DIY post bacc at my alma mater to kick up my gpa (3.1, but all As right now! Hurrah!) after an unsuccessful application this past round. I took the MCAT January of 2013 and scored an 11/11/11, and as a Texas resident planning on only applying TMDSAS that score doesn't expire for 5 years. However, I barely prepped for the test - I took the free sample test online, got a 32, and was appeased. If I study and can consistently score a 35+, would it be worth signing up for the 2015 test? I need to improve my app as much as possible for this second try, but if you all think that it wouldn't be worth it I can spend my time on other related things.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Unless your score expires, it's not worth it. A 33 is an excellent score and is definitely competitive for medical schools.

Hi guys,

My overall score was a 34 which I know is not a bad score, but the breakdown was a 13P, 8V, and 13B. My Verbal score was surprising since it's much lower than anything I've ever taken on a practice test, but should I risk retaking it if it might mean a lower score on my science sections? I've heard that having polarized scores is not a good thing and that medical schools often filter out applicants with low scores in any one section.

Not sure if it really matters, but my GPA is 3.81 and sGPA is 3.66.

Hope you guys can give me some advice. I took the MCAT 9/12/2014. Started studying as soon as I graduated from UCSD in mid- June. I've uploaded my AAMC FL and GS scores so you guys have a feeling for my performance. For GS, I substituted TPRH VR for my verbals. Kind of a bad idea because my AAMC FL VR scores dropped from 35/40's (i was really stoked with this in the beginning) to 30/40's( i was like WTF). After I took my real test, I felt like I bombed VR and got at least a 11 in BS. Thought I got a 10 on PS which I did get. I have a 3.2 cGPA.

Should I wait for AAMC to release January MCAT dates (I grabbed a 12/6 date when those came out but don't think I can be ready by that time)

or wait for the MCAT 2015 (ugh)

or just roll the dice with my 29? I do not mind either MD or DO schools.

I am not sure how to study for a January MCAT. Where does one even begin studying? I used the TBR books to study. Did all the passages. Exhausted AAMC and GS FL's. Should I get TPR books/tests????

Thanks for your help.
Feel free to be brutally honest with me.

Attachments

• GS.JPG
    GS.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 71
  • AAMC FL.JPG
    AAMC FL.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 72
  • percentiles.JPG
    percentiles.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 71
  • scaled.JPG
    scaled.JPG