**Official SMDEP 2012 Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got accepted to Duke and Virginia but waitlisted at Columbia today. I cant believe any program sites accepted me becuase I only sent them one letter of recommendation :laugh:. Anyway, I will be turning down both sites because I have already accepted a paid research position at Michigan State University which is rare for a freshman. So hopefully somebody here will get my spot!

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted to Duke and Virginia but waitlisted at Columbia today. I cant believe any program sites accepted me becuase I only sent them one letter of recommendation :laugh:. Anyway, I will be turning down both sites because I have already accepted a paid research position at Michigan State University which is rare for a freshman. So hopefully somebody here will get my spot!

:D Hope it's me haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted at Nebraska and Howard, waitlisted at Columbia! Accepted Nebraska! :)

I got accepted to Nebraska :) and I confirmed.. but are we supposed to get an email from them or something? I want to get my plane ticket already..

How many people do they put on the waitlist? If it is like 20 I can be hopeful, if it's like 150 then I won't hold my breath.

How many people do they put on the waitlist? If it is like 20 I can be hopeful, if it's like 150 then I won't hold my breath.

For real!!! I understand what you mean. I have been wait listed since Feb. 17, 2012 for one site and 03/12/2012 so I'm praying that I will get into one of them *fingers crossed*. God is in control.

For real!!! I understand what you mean. I have been wait listed since Feb. 17, 2012 for one site and 03/12/2012 so I'm praying that I will get into one of them *fingers crossed*. God is in control.

Yep, He is. In less than 24 hours, guys, we'll know!

My status hasn't changed. Has any of y'alls changed?

My status hasn't changed. Has any of y'alls changed?

Negative, still says 'Wait Listed'. I hope that if we didn't get accepted it says 'Not Accepted' rather than just keeping it as wait listed.

Negative, still says 'Wait Listed'. I hope that if we didn't get accepted it says 'Not Accepted' rather than just keeping it as wait listed.

Yeah, true. It says to check every few hours so I still have hope!! Which sites were you wait listed at?

Yeah, true. It says to check every few hours so I still have hope!! Which sites were you wait listed at?

:love:UVA which is my DREAMMMM school.:love:

If I get accepted I think I will spontaneously combust from excitement.

:love:UVA which is my DREAMMMM school.:love:

If I get accepted I think I will spontaneously combust from excitement.

I will be super excited as well. I was wait listed at Columbia and Yale

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG!!! I GOT ACCEPTED AT UVA!!! XD THANK GOD!!!!!! YESS!!!!!!

I'm waitlisted at Columbia as well, but it still says "Wait Listed" as my status. I guess I'll wait a little bit.

Last edited:

I'm waitlisted at Columbia as well, but it still says "Wait Listed" as my status. I guess I'll wait a little bit.

OMG I am SO happy for you, yet SO jealous lol!

I am glad you got in, hopefully me too! :)

CONGRATS!!!!!! I'm waiting for Columbia and Yale *praying & fingers crossed*

Thanks! :) I'm rooting for all of you as well. I really hope Columbia sends their decisions by the morning, though...

What date did you get wait listed for UVA ffarouk2?

The date disappeared, but I believe it was 3/12 or around that date. It was later than my Columbia waitlist date, actually.

The date disappeared, but I believe it was 3/12 or around that date. It was later than my Columbia waitlist date, actually.

Hmm, my wait list date is 3/01. I guess it doesn't matter when you're wait listed.

Your status still hasn't changed?

Ah... I want to know my status with Columbia, but it has to come soon... I can't miss the opportunity to confirm with UVA if the status dosen't change in time

My status for Columbia changed this morning around 9:45am

Yeah, same here. If nothing changes by morning, I'm confirming UVA. I'm more than happy with wherever I go, thankfully. :)

I hope it works out for the rest of the people that are waiting!

EDIT:

I confirmed UVA as of this morning. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Nebraska is now full and that was my only chance to get in the program!
I am a bit upset but I will try again next year!
Congrats to all those lucky ones who got accepted and I hope u guys have fun this summer.
Now I have to figure out what to do with my summer!!

I guess this question depends on each program site, but when are we supposed to receive email from the program sites about the program details and such?

Yeah, we should. I got notified from UVA and they said that they would email me with more info on the program and preparations early next week.

I am still on the waitlist too. I sent an email today to inquire about when we will be updated but we shall see.

I am still on the waitlist too. I sent an email today to inquire about when we will be updated but we shall see.

Which site are you on the wait list on? I'm still on Yale's wait list.

I am on Yale's waitlist too. I don't know if they are delaying it because people are still canceling or if they put it on the backburner while focusing on preparing for the admits

I am on Yale's waitlist too. I don't know if they are delaying it because people are still canceling or if they put it on the backburner while focusing on preparing for the admits

That could be the case or maybe they are reviewing the wait listed applicants applications again. Idk, but I hope we get some sort of notification soon.

I was accepted to both Yale and Duke. I confirmed at Duke :) so good luck to everyone! Hope you get off the wait list

Hey guys I made a page for students attending the Summer Medical and Dental Educational Program at the University of Virginia for the summer of 2012. Great way for students to get acquainted before the program begins this June. Holla back.

Who else got accepted to UMDNJ............. and we dont have a page yet on facebook............... #nobueno!

Hey guys!! I got accepted to Howard. Who else got in? There's no page on Facebook yet.
And did you guys receive the email about the travel scholarship thing? Do we have to buy our tickets already?
And When will SMDEP will send more information about the program?
Where to go whe the program starts etc etc etc??
What to bring ? (book/notebook/calculator etc)

I got accepted to Columbia, UCLA, and Howard! I think I'll be going to Los Angeles this summer! (Tough choice between UCLA and Columbia, but both are great schools, and I wanted to use this opportunity to go to California for the first time.)
I'm going to UCLA