***Official TAMU Baylor C/O 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Ducttape1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Goodluck everyone! Feel free to share stats, interviews, acceptances!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck folks! Doesn't BCD start interviews pretty early? I wonder when we'll start to hear...to any current students: why did you choose Baylor out of the TX schools?

I'm applying here because they have some reserved spots for us redneck Arkansans!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just Baylor, other schools don't have reserved spots. I have received an interview invite from the school that accepted me as first alternate 2 years ago and thank god they have a new dean of admin. Long story short I got accepted to dschool, went to the cheapest one, and couldn't listen to someone tell me ab "teef", be completely wrong about everything, and hasn't had patient interaction in 30 years!

The people who received interview invites. Are you from out of state or in state students?

The people who received interview invites. Are you from out of state or in state students?

I believe in state at least I'm a TX resident. From what iv heard they don't start looking at OOS until the app deadline but not exactly sure.

I'm curious about the out of state interviews as well. TAMU Baylor is probably my number one school and that would suck if they don't start looking at OOS apps til the deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
are september interviews considered first batch ?
also for anyone who has interviewed, is there something I should be looking out for ?
Like any ethical/scenario questions ?

Hi All,

Applied to all 3 TX but have not heard back from any. Applied OOS and hear back from only 1 for interview, 1 acceptance

Wondering will they look at the considerable improvement in DAT and the fact that did very well in upper level Biology + sacrificing 1 year to show I am serious about this profession?
Any insights, scenarios are welcome.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has comparable stats..
Initially last year low sGPA 2.98, oGPA 3.1, DAT 19
Did not apply last year.
Took post bac upper level 2 semesters (22 credits hrs Biology, 9 other science) and scored all A and A+ from university. 2 classes were as Teaching Assistant.

Current STATS: sGPA now 3.16, oGPA 3.38 with DAT 22. Dentist shadowing of 120hrs, Okay volunteer work.
Retook DAT now nothing below 19, 22AA, RC 29, BIO 24, Chem 21,
Applied to all 3 TX but have not heard back from any. Applied OOS and hear back from only 1 for interview.

Wondering will they look at the considerable improvement in DAT and the fact that did very well in upper level Biology + sacrificing 1 year to show I am serious about this profession?
Any insights, scenarios are welcome.

Thanks.
I'm in the same boat. sGPA 3.54, oGPA 3.73
DAT AA 20 & PAT 24, nothing under 18. 200+ shadowing hours, 250+ volunteer hours.
TMDSAS application complete 5/31. AADSAS application complete 7/17.

I have 2 OOS interviews, but haven't heard anything from the Texas schools besides "Application Received/Under Review." Hope we both hear back soon!

DAT AA 20 & PAT 24, nothing under 18. 200+ shadowing hours, 250+ volunteer hours.

I have 2 OOS interviews, but haven't heard anything from the Texas schools besides "Application Received/Under Review." Hope we both hear back soon!

You will get yours soon. my DAT is AA 20, TS 21, PAT 17. My overall and science gpa is 3.6. Around the same or more volunteer hours. Less shadowing hours.

Keeping fingers crossed..no Tx, 4 OOS interviews

Boy TX is killing us. Anyone please share your stats if you interviewed and share the experience, please. It will keep others tuned up!

Boy TX is killing us. Anyone please share your stats if you interviewed and share the experience, please. It will keep others tuned up!

Have y'all taken a bunch of upper division BIOs? How old are y'all?

Do you guys know if they do afternoon interviews? Or only morning?

Have y'all taken a bunch of upper division BIOs? How old are y'all?
I've taken a good handful, and I'm taking biochemistry right now. Maybe that's why? It's the only class out of all "Required/Recommended" courses that I haven't taken, but I'm currently taking it 4-year institution through a Masters program that I will finish in the spring. I'm 25, I was a 2011 Teach For America corps member.

Congrats to those of you that have received interviews!! I know you are incredibly deserving and qualified. This past Friday, I kept thinking maaaaaybe the 893rd time I refresh my email, mine will show up? Nope. 894th? Still nothing. Let's try 895th, just to be sure...? Nada. Obviously, my email-refreshing mind games were futile. I might be losing my sanity, but I'm not losing hope.

I guess it's only mornings according to the assistant I spoke to today, 8:30AM here I come! lol

do you think they even accepted any OOS yet? I think they wait until after IS, but not sure when that is exactly...

Last edited:
I called the other day to find out about OOS interviews and the lady said they don't begin those until after september 30th.

Yea somehow my application was stuck in between ADEA and San Antonio. They couldn't really explain the reasoning behind it but I got an email about a week ago saying they finally have my application.

Hi, SDN newbie here. I was wondering what are chances of getting into BCD for pre-december interview? ADEA guide says 943 TX residents applied, 243 received an interview from BCD, 89 instate students enrolled. How many acceptances does BCD give out in december? Do many people drop seats at Baylor after 12/3?

Do they not even start looking at OOS apps until October 1, or do they just not invite any OOS until then?

Does anybody want to split a hotel room with me in November??

Are u in state? If you don't mind what is ur states?

Whats your stats if you mind me asking?

My fingers are crossed..
GPA: 3.76 bcp, 3.86 overall
DAT: 26 AA, 26 TS, 22 PAT, 28 RC, none below 17
Also go to school in Texas.

School: Baylor
Notification date: 10/7
Method of notification: Email
Residency: AR
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7
Application complete date: 7/25
GPA: BCP 3.75, Overall 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 20 TS, 21 PAT, 25 Reading, No

Same week I present at the Southwest Regional Meeting in Ft. Worth for the ACS, how coincidental is that?

Last edited:
Is baylor finished sending interviews? and how many more waves of invites?

According to the ADEA guide, Baylor invites around 20 out-of-state students to interview.

Do you think the Ebola happenings in Dallas right now are going to affect anything? :/ Just wondering..

Hey! I was just wondering. Jeez. Students applying to med school were told to prepare to talk about the issue during their interviews - in the summer.

Hey! I was just wondering. Jeez. Students applying to med school were told to prepare to talk about the issue during their interviews - in the summer.

"I don't plan on swapping bodily fluids with anyone, so I'm not worried at all."

Fun thing to look up online: Deaths by malaria per day vs deaths by Ebola total.

For those of you who have already interviewed how was it?

I have an interview with Baylor this Friday (Halloween) and then San Antonio on Monday (I'm in state). I spoke with the head woman in admissions who actually sends out the emails in August. She said if you don't recieve an invite for an interview by the end of January that there's not much of a chance you'll get one. So those who are fretting you still have time! Anddd I have a friend who didn't even find out about their acceptance till April!