***Official TAMU Baylor C/O 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hi guys,

Can any of you that were accepted first round on December 1st please tell me when they needed a response and deposit? More specifically...what exact DATE..they did require an acceptance confirmation with deposit??

Thanks in advance...junglecurry

I thought it was Jan. 1st?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

For those who have already been accepted, did you take Biochemistry II in addition to the required Biochemistry I? I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the second biochem or not. I hear its really useful for the first year of dental school but wasn't sure if Biochemistry I was adequate enough.

Thanks!

Hello,

For those who have already been accepted, did you take Biochemistry II in addition to the required Biochemistry I? I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the second biochem or not. I hear its really useful for the first year of dental school but wasn't sure if Biochemistry I was adequate enough.

Thanks!

Nope! Only Biochem I, or my school's BIO equivalent of CHEM Biochem I, aka Cell Physiology.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any hopefuls out there waiting on Baylor Interview Calls? What are the chances for an interview call?
I believe they are done with interviews for this cycle. :unsure: But I would call to make sure.

Were there any acceptance letters sent today? My friend received a rejection letter but haven't heard anything about acceptance letters.

Anyone have any idea how full this years class is, yet?

Been waiting for Baylor. Don't know what to expect at this point. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we rejected if we did not receive a letter in the mail? and do you know how many people are on the list?
I'm curious too. Haven't heard a word from Baylor since my interview day in October.

Are we rejected if we did not receive a letter in the mail? and do you know how many people are on the list?

Someone up top mentioned their friend received a rejection letter. If that's the case I'd say you're still in the race!

If you didn't receive a wait list letter you're going to be rejected. They send waitlist letters when class is full. I'm in the same boat btw.

@Brosephbro @cacajuate I thought janet said they were going to make an alternate list in April? Does anyone know how many people are on it this year? It's so much earlier than the previous years!

(Posting this in case anyone wants to know)
My boyfriend was accepted December 1st to Baylor and then received an acceptance at UTSD in February. He decided to go to UTSD, so he sent Baylor a withdraw email a couple weeks ago. So, he opened up a seat for someone else! Good Luck to everyone this cycle. I wish the best for you!

I believe there are currently 27 people on the alternate list - I emailed Ms. Pledger

I believe there are currently 27 people on the alternate list - I emailed Ms. Pledger
Did she tell you what number you were? and 27 is an odd number.. Is there going to be another waitlist?

No, I didn't bother asking because based on some threads from a couple of years ago, they don't tell you where you are on the waitlist. I'm not sure if there will be another waitlist or not

What are the chances of being accepted when you're put on the waitlist? I've heard from dental students that there is lots of movement during this time and spots open up as people switch schools? What do you guys think?

Just spent the day at Baylor on Wednesday; class is currently filled. Alternate list letters have been sent out as of last Friday. As I have not received a rejection letter yet, I will continue to pray that space will become available.

Just spent the day at Baylor on Wednesday; class is currently filled. Alternate list letters have been sent out as of last Friday. As I have not received a rejection letter yet, I will continue to pray that space will become available.
who did you talk to?

Mrs Pledger.....I was there to interview for the post-bacc program. But I talk with her pretty often.

If you haven't received a rejection letter nor an alternate list letter, then you are simply in an "interviewed but not accepted" group.....so for me that means a little spark of hope.

Mrs Pledger.....I was there to interview for the post-bacc program. But I talk with her pretty often.

If you haven't received a rejection letter nor an alternate list letter, then you are simply in an "interviewed but not accepted" group.....so for me that means a little spark of hope.
Is it better to be on the alternate list or the interviewed but not accepted group??

I would say the alternate list....those on the interviewed but not accepted list have to wait for all those on the alternate list to have an acceptance chance.

Well I don't think there is a "wait list", they are just called the first alternate list and second alternate list, right? Because my letter in Feb said alternate list

Waitlist > alternative list > interview without an acceptance
So there's a waitlist, alternate list, and interviewed but not accepted list? Why are there so many lists haha... Does anyone actually know the process and chances?

Wait. When are you suppose to respond your alternative list by? Because if I do have one, it is at my parent's place.

Wait. When are you suppose to respond your alternative list by? Because if I do have one, it is at my parent's place.

There wasn't a specified date. So the alternate list is the first wait list for now?

Well, has anyone seen any movement from the alternate list?

Nope :( still waiting for alternate list movement