*~*~*~*Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2015-2016*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Was just about to add the edit that I am an idiot. :lol:The nerves are really starting to wear down my sanity. Well, hopefully I won't need the answer to this question!

EDIT: I need an answer. ='(

Interested in this as well

Members don't see this ad.

does match continue throughout the day? havent recieved anything from my 3 schools :(

Members don't see this ad :)
does match continue throughout the day? havent recieved anything from my 3 schools :(
Did you check TMDSAS directly? For most of the schools it seems you would see it there before hearing directly from the school

I'm kinda confused...so if I matched to my #2, does that mean my #1 spot waitlisted/rejected me? And if I do get off the waitlist, do i get to pick my #1 over my #2 later on? Match seems kinda permanent...

I'm kinda confused...so if I matched to my #2, does that mean my #1 spot waitlisted/rejected me? And if I do get off the waitlist, do i get to pick my #1 over my #2 later on? Match seems kinda permanent...
For your #1, you will receive an email later on if you are on their waitlist. If you are waitlisted, you have until I believe June 1st to get accepted to your #1 choice. After June 1st, if you are not accepted to your #1, you are going to matriculate to #2.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody have an idea when UTSW will email you whether you're on the waitlist?

just got all rejection emails and done with this med school app cycle. looks like I am a re-applicant. My major flaw on my app is the very low MCAT and slow start to my undergrad career, but I showed a tremendous comeback in the last 2 1/2 years and worked on my weakness which is biology. Most of my high school friends & teachers were shocked to see me go into a biology major instead of engineering. As a engineering-math-physics-minded type of guy, studying biology was a massive transformation and a very tough challenge for me, but definitely doable and was successful in the upper-levels! (It's a long story with why I decided to pursue medicine in the first place. It's inspiration I drew from someone close, but I'll leave it like that.) A lot is learned from this application cycle and I am thankful for all the support. I am very optimistic and will come back stronger the next time I apply two years from now! Best of luck to everyone! Don't count me out! :)

Reactions: 5 users
How does the wait list work for TMDSAS schools? Specifically before April 30? If we get off of the wait list to a school that we ranked above the one we matched to, can we hold both acceptances till April 30? Or do we have to immediately give up the matched school for the one where we got off the wait list?

hey guys, first off: congratulations to everyone that has been accepted, and to those of those on the waitlist do not lose hope!! I have a question in regards to the waitlist. So i was matched to one school, and another school that I ranked higher emailed me today offering me position on the waitlist. If i accept the position on that waitlist, do I automatically lose my acceptance to the other school? Also, if I accept that waitlist and then get accepted off of the waitlist, do I automatically go there or do I get to choose between the school that I matched to and the waitlist one?

If you get off the waitlist and decide to attend that school, you would contact the lower ranked school and let them know. Otherwise, you remain waitlisted until June 1 while retaining your spot at your match school.
nice, thank you!

Anybody else got the e-mail from TMDSAS asking us to update our transcripts? What happens if we delay sending it? My last semester grades weren't that grade so I'm not sure I want the schools I got waitlisted by to see that.

i did not get that email. is updating transcripts a really pressing matter?

I just that same message on TMDSAS. Idk why they need it tho because my school told me to send the transcript directly to them and NOT TMDSAS...what do they actually need it for?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I know that some schools want TMDSAS to verify the acceptability of courses as prerequisites.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey folks! I have several poster presentations that I would really like to group into one entry under Research Activities if possible, but I am unsure what info is most important to include. What kinds of details are ok to leave out, or would it be better to just list each as its own entry? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.