Official Touro Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Any current students have any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any current students have any advice?

Don't stress too much about it. It depends on the interviewer, but my interview last year was one on one with one of the faculty members and lasted about 30-35 min. The guy who interviewed me just wanted to get to know me, but it was more conversational. He had my file and asked me questions off my application which he read before I came in. I didn't have any hard questions but just know your application really well.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't stress too much about it. It depends on the interviewer, but my interview last year was one on one with one of the faculty members and lasted about 30-35 min. The guy who interviewed me just wanted to get to know me, but it was more conversational. He had my file and asked me questions off my application which he read before I came in. I didn't have any hard questions but just know your application really well.
Thanks! I hope it goes well too :)

Did they ask about why one would select Touro? I'm preparing for my interview in Nov.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

how do you even answer why touro? it a brand new school that no one even know about. that a stupid questions about a new school that doesn't even offer much information about the school on it website.

Also got an interview a little while a go for the November 30th date. Most likely will be making the 7-hour drive in an attempt to save money from Ohio lol, anyone who's flying find good options on shuttling or car services from the airport? Might consider flying instead.

Also got an interview a little while a go for the November 30th date. Most likely will be making the 7-hour drive in an attempt to save money from Ohio lol, anyone who's flying find good options on shuttling or car services from the airport? Might consider flying instead.
im also coming from ohio and will have my interview on nov 30! i'm flying in the morning and going straight to the interview since it's in the afternoon. But i haven't looked at any car services from the airport yet. they did give instructions in their email about how you can take the train from the airport and then a taxi but it's kind of confusing for me..

im also coming from ohio and will have my interview on nov 30! i'm flying in the morning and going straight to the interview since it's in the afternoon. But i haven't looked at any car services from the airport yet. they did give instructions in their email about how you can take the train from the airport and then a taxi but it's kind of confusing for me..

Hey congrats and nice to hear! Yea I was reading that and it said the train can take about an hour to arrive. And not being from NY this is all pretty confusing. I may look into busing options if I find a reasonably priced air ticket. Which airport are you arriving out of? Hopefully Westchester (HPN) has a few options open.

Hey congrats and nice to hear! Yea I was reading that and it said the train can take about an hour to arrive. And not being from NY this is all pretty confusing. I may look into busing options if I find a reasonably priced air ticket. Which airport are you arriving out of? Hopefully Westchester (HPN) has a few options open.
I'm flying out of laguardia. westchester didn't have the times that i wanted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Our interview day ends at four, and my flight leaves out of LaGuardia at 7:00. I am renting a car to get around town as well. Does anyone know if driving from the dental school to LaGuardia around the hours of 4:00 PM is not a good idea? If not, I'm wondering if I can push back my flight to leave a little later.

i don't get why they still didn't send more interviews :(

Reactions: 2 users
Our interview day ends at four, and my flight leaves out of LaGuardia at 7:00. I am renting a car to get around town as well. Does anyone know if driving from the dental school to LaGuardia around the hours of 4:00 PM is not a good idea? If not, I'm wondering if I can push back my flight to leave a little later.

It shouldn't be too bad... From my experience, you're likely to get out before 4 and you're sort of heading in the opposite direction of evening traffic.

It is possible to take public transit, but it's not going to be that easy. The airports are not located in central locations and neither is the school. You guys could probably find a group interviewing on the same day and get a van to drive you as a group...

Public transit would most likely be something like
From HPN: Bus to White Plains then transfer to a bus that stops near the school.
From LaGuardia: M60 Select Bus to 125th St Metro North Train Station. Take a train to White Plains and then get a bus that goes near the school. Potentially take a cab at North White Plains or some other Metro North station slightly farther North.
From JFK: Airtrain to Subway to Metro North train at Grand Central Terminal to White Plains.

http://transportation.westchestergov.com/bee-line/timetables-and-maps Bus 27 stops right in front of the dental school. Others stop on the campus. Look for New York Medical College West of Hawthorne/Valhalla on the "System Map".

None of these are going to be less than hour. Bus 27 is scheduled to take 33 minutes just to go from White Plains to the school alone.

Most stress free option is definitely to use Westchester County Airport and rent a car.

Last edited:
About to withdraw my app here.. hope one of you get the interview i had! Good luck!!

Last edited:
Interview#2
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Notification date: 10/7
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
Application complete date: 9/21
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.35 oGPA:3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20 TS 21 PAT 19 RC 24 NONE BELOW 19

Interview#2
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Notification date: 10/7
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
Application complete date: 9/21
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.35 oGPA:3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20 TS 21 PAT 19 RC 24 NONE BELOW 19
were your able to reach the person that schedule the interview? I called just now and it tells me to leave a message.

were your able to reach the person that schedule the interview? I called just now and it tells me to leave a message.
I was not able to reach them. Ugh. It was a voicemail of a guy to leave a message. Should we call again at like 1:30 ish? Maybe we'll have a better chance. I don't wanna wait till Monday. I'd rather book my ticket asap lol

I was not able to reach them. Ugh. It was a voicemail of a guy to leave a message. Should we call again at like 1:30 ish? Maybe we'll have a better chance. I don't wanna wait till Monday. I'd rather book my ticket asap lol
I left a voice mail without my contact information lol too excited :). I def have to get it scheduled today lol. Wondering if they still have predecember spots left

I left a voice mail without my contact information lol too excited :). I def have to get it scheduled today lol. Wondering if they still have predecember spots left
Hahaha I'm pretty sure I was shrieking cause the interview reaction was still inside me at the time I made the call. Pretty sure they thought some little girl called hahah. Same!! I hope to schedule it with my other interview. Anyone know what dates have been given ??

Hahaha I'm pretty sure I was shrieking cause the interview reaction was still inside me at the time I made the call. Pretty sure they thought some little girl called hahah. Same!! I hope to schedule it with my other interview. Anyone know what dates have been given ??
still cant reach them :(

still cant reach them :(
me neither... I hate this calling and making an appointment. Like can you just give me three dates you have... I'm sure I can make it to one of them. Sigh.

Just called no answer

me neither... I hate this calling and making an appointment. Like can you just give me three dates you have... I'm sure I can make it to one of them. Sigh.

Just called no answer
Lol IKR like UDM haha. my 10th calls= no pick up.

It says in the email that they are only in the office Mon-Thurs from 9-3. I don't think anybody could schedule it today

Im pretty sure the very first ones start in november, I got mine about a month ago for november 30th

Im pretty sure the very first ones start in november, I got mine about a month ago for november 30th
So they're done with pre-December lol? Did you choose that date or did they say it was the next available?

I dont think pre-dec applies to touro. Considering they start interviewing at november they probably dont follow the usual "pre-dec advantage" thing. I wouldnt worry about it too much. I got my invite early last month and it was for Nov 30th.

I dont think pre-dec applies to touro. Considering they start interviewing at november they probably dont follow the usual "pre-dec advantage" thing. I wouldnt worry about it too much. I got my invite early last month and it was for Nov 30th.
Thanks for such helpful information.. that's really interesting. I didn't even know they start interviewing in November loll for some reason I thought people on here got early interviews ... but now I think with what you said .. they did get the interviews early, but it was for a late date in November. Yay glad to know I was considered early in their cycle :)

Good luck to everyone interviewing here.
RS

Thanks for such helpful information.. that's really interesting. I didn't even know they start interviewing in November loll for some reason I thought people on here got early interviews ... but now I think with what you said .. they did get the interviews early, but it was for a late date in November. Yay glad to know I was considered early in their cycle :)

Good luck to everyone interviewing here.
RS

I guess Nov interviews are long gone. Got december 14th.

I guess Nov interviews are long gone. Got december 14th.
Hey! Just called them too haha. I got the afternoon session for December 14. But, people said pre December doesn't matter here since they start interviewing so late.

On the bright side, atleast we will hear back quick haha

Last edited:
Hey! Just called them too haha. I got the afternoon session for December 14. But, people said pre December doesn't matter here since they start interviewing so late.

On the bright side, atleast we will hear back quick haha
On their website, it said you are expected to hear back on dec 1st those. I got the afternoon too, airplane ticket + hotel costs like 500 :(.

On their website, it said you are expected to hear back on dec 1st those. I got the afternoon too, airplane ticket + hotel costs like 500 :(.
But their first interview I believe is November 30th loll and that was for the people right before us! So I doubt we are in a bad spot. Someone who interviewed here last year told me that about it not being a big deal between pre-dec and dec interviews. I know haha luckily my family lives there but the cost is ridiculous

So they're done with pre-December lol? Did you choose that date or did they say it was the next available?

That was actually the first one available to me lol. But I agree the December 1st thing does not apply here so don't worry about getting an interview before that. Not sure where I read it but I also think there were a few other November interviews before mine on the 30th.

That was actually the first one available to me lol. But I agree the December 1st thing does not apply here so don't worry about getting an interview before that. Not sure where I read it but I also think there were a few other November interviews before mine on the 30th.
Haha oh okay! Well I know someone who interviewed here last year and they told me that they are not like huge about pre-dec and post cause they interview relatively late into the cycle.

But their first interview I believe is November 30th loll and that was for the people right before us! So I doubt we are in a bad spot. Someone who interviewed here last year told me that about it not being a big deal between pre-dec and dec interviews. I know haha luckily my family lives there but the cost is ridiculous
Their first interview is on November 2. Since they interview only on Wednesdays for morning and afternoon session with around 20-25people, they would have interviewed 200-250 people before December 1. Also, pre-dec and post-dec interview didn't matter last cycle because they just opened their school this year and started interviewing late January through April for the last cycle. I won't be surprised if they do send out some acceptance on December 1.

Their first interview is on November 2. Since they interview only on Wednesdays for morning and afternoon session with around 20-25people, they would have interviewed 200-250 people before December 1. Also, pre-dec and post-dec interview didn't matter last cycle because they just opened their school this year and started interviewing late January through April for the last cycle. I won't be surprised if they do send out some acceptance on December 1.
They would definitely be sending out acceptance December 1st given the fact that they'll start interviewing November. But if a school starts interviewing November then I highly doubt having an interview in December is gonna significantly affect our chance. There's several schools who even start in October with interviews, like tufts, where people who've been accepted for years say pre and post December don't have that much effect. Obviously if you're interviewing late late, like in March it's different.

They would definitely be sending out acceptance December 1st given the fact that they'll start interviewing November. But if a school starts interviewing November then I highly doubt having an interview in December is gonna significantly affect our chance. There's several schools who even start in October with interviews, like tufts, where people who've been accepted for years say pre and post December don't have that much effect. Obviously if you're interviewing late late, like in March it's different.
I don't think Touro starting their interview in November has much to do with them filling up their class by December 1. It just depends on how school process their applicants. I mean, some schools only invite 10 people to interview for one interview session while some schools invite 100 people for a single interview session. For Touro, they are interviewing around 50+ people per day, so they won't need as much time inviting applicants. As long as they invite and interview enough people before December 1, they'll send out acceptance for their ~110 seats. This isn't to say people interviewing post-dec don't get accepted by all means. It all depends on how many people will decline the offer. The school admissions is running on rolling base after all. Think of it this way. Pre-dec interviewers will be competing against ~200people for ~110seats while December interviewers will be competing against ~200people for 60seats(just an estimated number). However, since this is a new school, more people may decline their seat on December 1 and post-dec interviewers will still have a high chance of getting accepted. Anyway, my point is, Touro, or any other schools for that matter, starting their interview cycle late isn't the reason post-dec interviewers will have good chance of getting accepted, but the number of people declining their offer will affect the chance of post-dec acceptance.

Last edited:
Im actually going to call and cancel my interview soon for nov 9th. Good luck to all

Was anyone able to reach them yesterday or today at the number provided in the email? I've been calling for the past two days to only be forwarded to the voicebox each time.

Was anyone able to reach them yesterday or today at the number provided in the email? I've been calling for the past two days to only be forwarded to the voicebox each time.
The school is closed today and tomorrow for a holiday.

The school is closed today and tomorrow for a holiday.
After 5 calls I did get a hold of them yesterday morning, but honestly it's just a hit or miss with calling. If this is true then you'd have to wait till Thursday. It's annoying.

stats for those that got an interview so far? thanks in advance :)