Official TPR In-Class Compendium Discussion Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thebillsfan

Unseasoned Veteran
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's about time we had one. I'll post some questions in a bit

Members don't see this ad.

I will say that the verbal in ICC is good...really good. Everything else is way too tough but great practice

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, no. I am giving you my honest advice. Don't accuse me of things because my advice is "too hard to follow" or "not worth giving up sunbathing for".

it is tough. its doable, but tough. i'm not missing every question, but i'm missing more than usual.

Just wanted to point out that the length of the ICC passages are similar to the length of the real MCAT verbal passages.

Just wanted to point out that the length of the ICC passages are similar to the length of the real MCAT verbal passages.

They don't seem that bad in terms of length (although the one with 90 lines made me cry a bit). They are convolted though and have some long ass stems!

You know what would be a GREAT idea for this thread. For those of us that are really good in a section to start a explanations thread for this book for future test takers. I might do it after I take my MCAT if I ever even get around to doing this book. Anyone else willing to help?

-LIS

You know what would be a GREAT idea for this thread. For those of us that are really good in a section to start a explanations thread for this book for future test takers. I might do it after I take my MCAT if I ever even get around to doing this book. Anyone else willing to help?

-LIS

I like that idea - one of the reasons why I'm not using the ICC as much is due to the lack of explanations. Most of the time, I can figure out why the real answer is correct (for the ones that aren't reviewed in class), but sometimes I'm not entirely sure if my reasoning is right or if I'm seeing patterns where there aren't any.

-LIS

I can try to help out. My friend and I did the verbal passages together and came up with our own explanations when we were reviewing, since we both ditched the actual classes haha.

Thanks, just PM me or something and I'll take down a list of names and contact you guys after I take my MCAT. I honestly think we can turn the ICC into the best source for difficult MCAT passages if we provide explanations along the quality of the BR books, which means employing test strategies, common sense, explanations from the very basic concepts and addressing common student errors for each question. Also, for those that help out and haven't taken the MCAT yet this would EXCELLENT practice for a certain section. If you can provide explanations for difficult passages from the most basic concepts in a clear way then you will be more than prepared for that section on the MCAT.

-LIS

Last edited:
for someone that has their book handy, page 203, passage 2, question 7, orgo:

According to figure one in the passage, the two products are nonsuperimposable mirror images of each other--enantiomers, that is. so why is the answer to #7 diastereomers? It's the same reaction conditions.

bump...sorry for reviving an old thread, but I think this could be a useful discussion. I want to use ICC passages for BS. Anyone willing to work with me on explaining answers to passages?

Reactions: 1 user