***Official Tufts School of Dental Medicine c/o 2015 Acceptance Thread***

Tufts R Us

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought we needed a thread too :)

Members don't see this ad.

somebody startup a facebook group :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Whooheee for c/o 2015!!! I can't wait! I'm attending :)

So is it Tuftan? or Tufty?!

I'm in! I loved the school, will be putting down a deposit for sure. If I don't hear back from my state schools it's going to be Tufts all the way baby!

:banana:

Last edited:
Tufts was BY FAR the nicest dental school I visited! I can't wait! :biglove:
SOO excited!! :banana:

Congrats guys! I'm a D14 here at Tufts. I was in your position and I know how exciting it must be to getting all of these acceptances this time of year. I also know it can be a difficult decision when it comes down to narrowing your choices among schools you fell in love with during your interviews. Feel free to shoot me a PM or ask questions in this thread if you have any questions about the school before making your decision. I love it here at Tufts/Boston and can probably help clear up some lingering questions you may have. I may not be able to get back to you promptly - because we have pretty crazy exam block ahead this coming week prior to winter break. Again, congrats and good luck! :D

Last edited:
Congrats everyone! Just decided today that I am for sure attending Tufts! Has a facebook group been made yet? I couldn't find one

Members don't see this ad :)
If you decide not to go to Tufts, how much does Tufts refund your deposit for and what are the dates/deadlines for it?

If you decide not to go to Tufts, how much does Tufts refund your deposit for and what are the dates/deadlines for it?

I remember on the interview they said that they would refund you $300 if you told them you weren't attending by some time in March or April. I would call and double check all of this when you figure out where you are attending.

Did anybody else get the $8,000 scholarship?

How did you get that scholarship? They just gave it to you?

afaik you need to have academic and PAT avg scores 20 or above to get that scholarships

I am pretty sure the scholarship is a combination of gpa and DAT scores. i only say this because i got 22+ on my DAT but did not receive any scholarship :(

I just wanted to say congratulations to everyone who was accepted to Tufts. I just recently graduated from there in 2010 and my experience there was awesome. I come from a fairly suburban area of town and the move to Boston was quite eye-opening. I made so many great friends and had many memorable experiences there. I am currently practicing back home but may move back in the next couple of years. I just loved it there.

Can someone remind me of the ratio of interviews to acceptances.

hey guys! congrats on getting in. i'm a D14 here at tufts. (we're one of the schools that uses the year you graduate for what year you are, instead of the D1, D2...)

anyways. i'm sure yall are super excited, as was i about this time last year.
if anyone has any questions- feel free to pm me. It might take a little bit for me to respond, bc we have a weird crazy schedule. it's still pretty early to work out living and other details that feel like major decisions.

congrats again :)

I have an interview next week at Tufts, but haven't gotten anything in the mail. I heard we are supposed to fill out the supplemental application along with a DMD Guide. I got the supplemental through e-mail from the admissions office, but what is the DMD Guide? Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm in:D Congrats everyone!

Cheeseman, the DMD guide is just a huge info packet. There's nothing in it to fill out, just read.

Just got in!!!!! Can't believe I couldn't find this thread when I searched for it .. but yeah ..

BUMP!!!

Congrats guys. Don't forget to feel very fortunate in such a competitive cycle!

Got accepted today! Congrats, potential classmates :) Although all of the snow Boston is getting this year is a little scary, haha!

Anybody here debating between UNLV and Tufts? I am trying to decide.

Sorry. Ignore my last post. That was dumb to put on a Tufts acceptance thread. I really wanna go to Tufts, but am concerned of how much debt I will have. What are your guys' opinions on this?

Sorry. Ignore my last post. That was dumb to put on a Tufts acceptance thread. I really wanna go to Tufts, but am concerned of how much debt I will have. What are your guys' opinions on this?

You a NV resident?

Sorry guys, this may have nothing to do with the thread, but how long after the interview did u find out about your acceptance :p?:p

anyone got their letter recently? what is in it?

is anyone waitlisted at tufts? i have an interview coming up, but was wondering if their decision is sent out either as just accept or reject? i don't see anyone waitlisted on predent either.. but i do see one person interviewed on 11/22 and rejected on 11/30?

They meet very regularly. I think every couple weeks if not less.
I interviewed on a Monday in mid-December and got my acceptance 2 days later, because the admissions committee was meeting that day following our interviews.

i have not received my letter yet has anyone has the same problem.

I got my acceptance on AADSAS on 2/1, and got my stuff in the mail on 2/3....I would call if I were you, b/c we only have 15 days to respond to the offer.

I got my acceptance on AADSAS on 2/1, and got my stuff in the mail on 2/3....I would call if I were you, b/c we only have 15 days to respond to the offer.

What is the day that we have to respond by? what is the amount of deposit?

i will just drive there and pay it, if i do not receive it by tuesday. Is it $1500?

thank you very much

What is the day that we have to respond by? what is the amount of deposit?

i will just drive there and pay it, if i do not receive it by tuesday. Is it $1500?

thank you very much

the deposit is $1,500 but they require you to pay with either a certified check or money order. they don't accept personal checks for it. there's also some other paperwork you need to fill out with it, so i'd try and wait until you get your package. if you don't get it by monday, give them a call and they can help you figure out what to do.

and congrats!