***Official Tufts School of Dental Medicine c/o 2015 Acceptance Thread***

What is the day that we have to respond by? what is the amount of deposit?

i will just drive there and pay it, if i do not receive it by tuesday. Is it $1500?

thank you very much

In my packet they said they needed all of my materials ($1500.00 deposit, signed forms, etc.) by 5:00pm on the 18th of Feb. Hope that helps :).

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys. Tufts is a great school and its THE best among the schools I got accepted to. Looking forward to see you guys in September.

Does Tufts accept international students for their 4-year DDS program (not advanced standing)? Based on predents, I don't think any intl student has gotten an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got back from the gym and immediately checked AADSAS and offer made too. Erin, when did you interview with them?

I also have an offer made, but will not be attending. GL to everyone else!

Last edited:
Offer made as well!!!!!! AHH SO EXCITED! It's gonna be sooo hard to choose between this and UCLA...

Congrats everyone!!! :)

In too! Will definitely be choosing it over my other interview at NYU. Excited is an understatement.

Last edited:
In too! Will definitely be choosing it over my other interview. Excited is an understatement.

Congrats to everyone! I was just wondering how many people in your interview group? I have an interview on the 10th, just curious.

Congrats to everyone! I was just wondering how many people in your interview group? I have an interview on the 10th, just curious.

There were 18 I believe, but that was unusually high because people who couldn't make it the day before because of the storm were rescheduled to our day on the 4th.

Last edited:
Ya I was there the day before on thursday and there were about 10 people.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anybody know until when tufts is sending out interviews?

does anybody know until when tufts is sending out interviews?

They said towards the end of February they start shifting more from acceptances to wait list spots, and I believe they finish the main interviews in March.

Last edited:
They said towards the end of February they start shifting more from acceptances to wait list spots, and I believe they finish the main interviews in March.

great, thanks
theres still hope

so has anyone gotten the letter in the mail yet? and when do we need to reply to the school with an answer, I think I remember them telling us two weeks. Also, anyone remember what we needed to submit to the school, other than the crime check? Is it all due on the same day?

Got in! A tough decision must be made soon on my part, but I'm leaning towards Tufts

offer made on 02.08

I have not received my letter yet.

anyone same problem?

i got the packet yesterday (offer made 2/8)
i live in east coast.

the deposit & proof of citizenship, certification of disciplinary history form from university attended are due 2/25.

offer made on 02.08

I have not received my letter yet.

anyone same problem?

Yes-they are not the fastest I've seen at getting you the packets. Still waiting on mine, as I was also accepted on 2/8/11. I'm on east coast as well.

Thanks,
my status changed on 2/8 and I got my packet on 2/12. one more question, does anyone know when the crime check needs to get done? The packet said they'll e-mail us about it but I haven't gotten an e-mail about it yet. has anyone else.

also congrats everyone!! =)

Hey, does anyone know how many open seats are left for the class of 2015?

I have an interview coming up soon and I'm wondering if my chances are getting really slim since it's so late!

Yeah, go to UNLV, Son.

Why do you say that? Just curious.... I am accepted at Tufts and beyond ecstatic but I do still have an interview at UNLV as well. More than likely not attending though since I've already sent my deposit at Tufts and pretty happy about it! :D

Hey, does anyone know how many open seats are left for the class of 2015?

I have an interview coming up soon and I'm wondering if my chances are getting really slim since it's so late!

me too, when is your interview?

Congrats guys! I'm a D14 here at Tufts. I was in your position and I know how exciting it must be to getting all of these acceptances this time of year. I also know it can be a difficult decision when it comes down to narrowing your choices among schools you fell in love with during your interviews. Feel free to shoot me a PM or ask questions in this thread if you have any questions about the school before making your decision. I love it here at Tufts/Boston and can probably help clear up some lingering questions you may have. I may not be able to get back to you promptly - because we have pretty crazy exam block ahead this coming week prior to winter break. Again, congrats and good luck! :D

Hi! I can use your help! So I got into Tufts and VCU. I LOVED Tufts when I visited it during my interview. My problem is that I am a VA resident and VCU is way cheaper. As of now, I have a deposit at both schools, but I don't know where I want to go... HELP PLEASE!

Me too!! =) I interviewed 2/11

Offer Made as well. Wow! interviewed on 2/10.

I don't think I can hang out with you if we both end up at Tufts, CODBO would be too much of a distraction...

But anywho, congrats guys! My buddy just interviewd today, said as of this morning there are 10 spots available (though I don't know if that was before you guys got your offers) and that they will meet in 2 weeks to dish out the final acceptances.

Congrats guys!

Congrats to everybody else!!! :)

I don't think I can hang out with you if we both end up at Tufts, CODBO would be too much of a distraction...

But anywho, congrats guys! My buddy just interviewd today, said as of this morning there are 10 spots available (though I don't know if that was before you guys got your offers) and that they will meet in 2 weeks to dish out the final acceptances.

I will have to get that 15th level prestige before school to get it out of my system....lol. I need to decide between Tufts and Temple, its gonna be difficult.

Congrats!! Told you not to stress :)

:D Yea I got into Western the same day as you, but I liked Tufts much better.

really?? only 10? i have an interview next week.....

really?? only 10? i have an interview next week.....

It could be that its only 10 if 100% of there outstanding offers get accepted, because a guy in another thread said that only 70-80 had put in a deposit as of 2 weeks ago. I don't know though, I haven't personally talked to admissions other than to see if they got my deposit.

I think you were in my interview group, what did you look like or where in CA are you coming from?

I think I talked to you after your interview in the area where we had lunch. I'm from socal. I'm sure there will be movement on the waitlist and you'll get in, so don't stress too much!

does anyone know when we are going to hear about housing? I still don't know when and how we should apply

Has anyone who got an Offer Made on Feb. 22nd received their acceptance packet? When do we need to send the deposit and forms in by? I'm on the west coast and still haven't received mine. Getting worried.

Has anyone who got an Offer Made on Feb. 22nd received their acceptance packet? When do we need to send the deposit and forms in by? I'm on the west coast and still haven't received mine. Getting worried.

I just got the packet today, and since you're in CA too, it should be there today or monday. I think we had 15 days from the 22nd to accept our offers.

I just got the packet today, and since you're in CA too, it should be there today or monday. I think we had 15 days from the 22nd to accept our offers.

Thanks, ducks8! I guess I'll just wait a little longer.

Interviewed Yesterday and they have accepted 166 deposits already this year.
There are 175 spots. Most likely everyone from this point on is a wait-list candidate.