*** Official UConn C/O 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Did Uconn send an email or anything stating when your application was complete? I just got verified and I got an email from literally every other school I applied to

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else having trouble scheduling their interview by calling them? I tried calling 5 times on Friday and kept reaching voicemail

Keep calling. I had to call quite a few times to finally get through. Try to avoid calling around lunch time, I'd say.

Is anyone else having trouble scheduling their interview by calling them? I tried calling 5 times on Friday and kept reaching voicemail
The coordinator who books the interviews was scheduled to be out of the office until yesterday, so she'll be around today if you haven't already reached her.

Does anyone know what the easiest way is to get from Hartford to the Dental School? Is a cab/rental car the only option?

Got an interview invite today. Application was complete yesterday. NY state resident!

Reactions: 1 users
^ same as above but I'm an NJ resident. Look forward to the interview!

Does anyone know what the easiest way is to get from Hartford to the Dental School? Is a cab/rental car the only option?
Cab will probably be your best bet, unless Hartford has some sort of Rideshare, zipcar, etc. option, in which case that may me SLIGHTLY more expensive, but you'd have the flexibility to do your own thing. Of course, the downside is you have to then actually get there on your own, which, depending on how navigationally inclined you are, could be something you want to avoid.

NJ resident here . I got a application complete email on July 1st but nothing yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, congrats, @tcf213! Are you a Conn resident? They must not be making (or communicating) interview decisions in the order in which all applications are received.

Thanks! IL resident here. The only thing I can think of that would explain such a fast turnaround is the fact that Tricia Avolt emailed me about some missing prerequisites. I responded later in the day to inform her that I would indeed be completing the required courses this year, and she made a note of it in my file. So, since they already had an eye on my app, perhaps that's what translated to a prompt interview offer? I honestly have no idea, but either way, I'm incredibly grateful. Somehow, UConn is ~$100K less than UIC...:confused:

Last edited:
My status changed from complete to under review today.

Really? Ok I was getting worried with these interview posts and mine's still complete so maybe they just haven't looked at me yet. Thanks!!
Yep, I think that may be the case. I was worried too because I haven't heard anything and all these people were getting interview invites.

Yep, I think that may be the case. I was worried too because I haven't heard anything and all these people were getting interview invites.
I still have little faith in myself for UConn, but this does help :)

Reactions: 1 user
Dang I've been under review since early july.

So I received an email from Tricia Avolt saying that my application was complete but in my AADSAS portal it tells me that they are waiting for additional info. Is this the case for anyone else?

Under review as of today! 6th batch.

Interview invite!!!
Super surprised. Based on this thread I figured they'd definitely pass me over, especially as an AL resident! Status still just says "application complete" so I'm hoping this wasn't an accidental invitation

Good luck everyone- UConn is an excellent school; Hope many SDNers win an acceptance :). They are my top-choice when I apply next year.

I lived in CT for a couple years....and absolutely love it. Beautiful place. I would love the opportunity to go to school here! Congrats to those who have interviews and good luck!

Got my invite on Wednesday! The earliest interview date I could get was Nov 2nd. I was really surprised at how quickly they reviewed my app!! I am in the 10th batch and a LA resident .

Last edited:
UConn why have you forsaken me?

Reactions: 4 users

Last edited:
Weakfart, are you a NY resident? They may be particularly biased against New Yorkers b/c they already have two state schools, whereas all of New England has to share this one tiny school in Farmington.
Yeah I'm from NY. I figured that as well. Dang it! #Equalrightsfornewyorkers

You'll be fine, buddy. :) A friend of mine was rejected by UConn but got into Harvard, Penn, and Columbia a few years ago.
Lol I clearly will not have the same case as your friend! :confused:

Lol I clearly will not have the same case as your friend! :confused:
Aww Weakfart have a lil faith. You never know :) I got an interview and just stared at the email because I assumed it was a mistake haha

They only have like 45 seats per class... So out of staters have an even worse chance.

They only have like 45 seats per class... So out of staters have an even worse chance.
According to the ADEA book, only 24/128 OOSers enrolled. So it looks like the odds of acceptance after an interview aren't so great either :unsure:

Yeah I am from Ohio and I went to an interview. It went well, but I definitely feel like I have a very slim chance to get accepted just b/c they pull from CT and then the new England area first.

At the very least, I'll use this as a nice trip to Connecticut to cross it off the list of states I've been to haha

Reactions: 2 users
Aww Weakfart have a lil faith. You never know :) I got an interview and just stared at the email because I assumed it was a mistake haha
Puhlease. You got an interview because you're a good applicant, don't doubt yourself!

According to the ADEA book, only 24/128 OOSers enrolled. So it looks like the odds of acceptance after an interview aren't so great either :unsure:

I'm not sure what numbers you're looking at since the class size is around 40, but more OOS applicants are given acceptances than you may think. They have an algorithm to where they know if they offer a large percentage of acceptances to OOS students, a smaller amount would accept than those they offer seats to that are from New England. OOS students may also have an in-state school they may find slightly less expensive and more convenient to attend for a number of reasons. Those that receive an offer of acceptance from the New England area are almost certain to attend because that's New England's only public school.

I'm not sure what numbers you're looking at since the class size is around 40, but more OOS applicants are given acceptances than you may think. They have an algorithm to where they know if they offer a large percentage of acceptances to OOS students, a smaller amount would accept than those they offer seats to that are from New England. OOS students may also have an in-state school they may find slightly less expensive and more convenient to attend for a number of reasons. Those that receive an offer of acceptance from the New England area are almost certain to attend because that's New England's only public school.
I bought ADEA's Official Guide thing and just looked at the chart (128 is the number OOS who were interviewed). I know they offer more acceptances than those who actually enroll, but I figured that number is still small enough to where most aren't accepted. But I definitely see your point

To anyone who's interviewed (or is planning to interview): did anyone stay anywhere with a free airport shuttle? Not really trying to spend lots of money on a taxi or renting a car

Yes, avon old farms. They will pick you up at the airport and take you to the uconn health center. Then they will take you back to the airport. All included in hotel cost. I also tipped 5$ each time so not a bad deal.

Yes, avon old farms. They will pick you up at the airport and take you to the uconn health center. Then they will take you back to the airport. All included in hotel cost. I also tipped 5$ each time so not a bad deal.
Beautiful. Perfect. Wonderful. Did you get a good rate? Do you remember if the shuttle runs late at night, like say....midnight?

I think the rate was like $110 for a queen bedroom. But I'm not sure how late they run that shuttle.. I would give them a call and see. Its about 20 minutes from the airport and about 10 from the uconn dental school.

I think the rate was like $110 for a queen bedroom. But I'm not sure how late they run that shuttle.. I would give them a call and see. Its about 20 minutes from the airport and about 10 from the uconn dental school.
Will do. Thank you so much!!