2015 ****Official UMKC School of Dentistry interview/acceptance 2020

PackingChord

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I could not find a thread for UMKC so I have created one. Please let me know if one already exists

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has interview invites started yet for UMKC?

I don't believe so, as far as I know they are still finishing up the current cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for creating this. I am a re-applicant and created last year's thread. I felt a little superstitious about creating another one this year:nailbiting:. I am only applying to UMKC this year so I am hoping that I get a shot.

Last year I believe interviews started going out in late August.

Welcome wjc! May I ask why you decided to only apply to UMKC. How many schools did you apply to last year?

Welcome wjc! May I ask why you decided to only apply to UMKC. How many schools did you apply to last year?
Hi PackingChord.

My wife and I live 15 minutes away from UMKC and we grew up in the Kansas City area. All of the dentists that I've shadowed have been UMKC grads and highly recommend the school, I've shadowed students in the clinic and I've been to a couple of their open houses. I can see myself there and UMKC is my first choice by far. Of course, it's hard to get into any dental school. I've improved my application this year so I am hoping to at least get an interview.

As far as why I am not applying to other schools this year: I am a non-traditional student (I turn 40 this November), so moving is a little harder for me. Besides taking 3 years off from work to get a second degree and do some pre-reqs we had some other major things happen (got married, $20k sewer repair at the house, replacing my wife's lemon of a car...) that makes money a problem. I found myself worrying in interviews as much about what would happen if my house didn't sell fast and how we would get a land lord to accept us with our dog (see the picture of the friendly pit bull to the left) as I did about if I would get accepted or not. I actually got a really decent job so we are getting things paid off and saving some money. If I don't get in this year we will be debt free and have the funds to make a major push and apply to to 20+ schools next year.

Last year I applied to 6 schools. I got interviews at Ohio State and Nebraska and waitlisted at both.

Wow. We have very similar stories. I am also a non-traditional student working on my second degree. I will be turning 35 and I am married with 2 small children. It is also difficult for me to move outside of Missouri because my wife is a practicing dentist who graduated from UMKC in 2013. This is my first year applying and I am hopeful that an interview invite will land in my email inbox. The best of luck to you in this journey

Wow. We have very similar stories. I am also a non-traditional student working on my second degree. I will be turning 35 and I am married with 2 small children. It is also difficult for me to move outside of Missouri because my wife is a practicing dentist who graduated from UMKC in 2013. This is my first year applying and I am hopeful that an interview invite will land in my email inbox. The best of luck to you in this journey
Good luck to you as well!

Has anybody received an invitation to interview yet? This thread is dead so I assume not

They seem to be behind a little this year. None of the Missouri schools are active

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. You will get a short supplemental and a $35 supplemental fee

I received an email stating they received my app on 7/9/15 and I received the supplemental email on 7/14/15. I filled it out and paid the fee within an hour of receiving it and haven't heard anything since

I received an email stating they received my app on 7/9/15 and I received the supplemental email on 7/14/15. I filled it out and paid the fee within an hour of receiving it and haven't heard anything since
How long after your application was sent by AADSAS did you get an email from them? I checked last year and it was about 2 weeks. Was it about the same for you this year?

My application was mailed last week. The wait is agonizing.

How long after your application was sent by AADSAS did you get an email from them? I checked last year and it was about 2 weeks. Was it about the same for you this year?

My application was mailed last week. The wait is agonizing.
My application was also mailed last week and i haven't heard anything back yet.

It took right at 2 weeks to get the supplemental after the AADSAS application showed mailed.

Reactions: 1 users
I got an interview invite last Thursday (9/3)!!! Im super happy for that email!

I got an interview invite last Thursday (9/3)!!! Im super happy for that email!
Congratulations! What day of the week did they schedule it for? I travel for work so I am a little concerned about this. I've heard Monday is the usual day in past cycles.

Good Luck!

Thanks!
Yea interviews are Mondays and a few select Fridays from 8- 3:30

Has anyone else heard anything from UMKC?

@nate_j_p are you in-state or out of state applicant?

Has anyone else heard anything from UMKC? Anyone have an idea as to whats going on over there

I know they are interviewing. They have been all month on Mondays and some Friday's. They are scheduled to interview on Mondays throughout November. That's all I know at this point. I haven't heard anything else

Does anyone know if they have sent out all the interview invites?

Does anyone know if they have sent out all the interview invites?
If I recall, the application deadline is Oct 1, so I expect they are still doing invites. Correct me if I am wrong.

If I recall, the application deadline is Oct 1, so I expect they are still doing invites. Correct me if I am wrong.
Typically dental schools send invites well into February/March. I'm not sure about UMKC specifically but usually that's the case.

Typically dental schools send invites well into February/March. I'm not sure about UMKC specifically but usually that's the case.
From my application received email: "interview invitations will be sent to students from late August thru October."

So, keep your fingers crossed everyone.

From my application received email: "interview invitations will be sent to students from late August thru October."

So, keep your fingers crossed everyone.
This is a true story. The school DOES send out interview invites in January and early feb too but it is rare and usually only for those on a wait list or reserved admissions

Just curious if someone puts in a application later than you and has already gotten an interview, does that typically mean you've been passed on?

Just curious if someone puts in a application later than you and has already gotten an interview, does that typically mean you've been passed on?
There is no telling. From having been through this process before I can tell you that they sent out a wave of rejections around Oct 9 last year, a week after the application deadline. My guess is that they act pretty quickly with applications they really like, and then judge the applications that remain by comparing them to the pool of applications that they have once the application deadline is reached. That's my theory anyway.

Congrats yall!

I will be there!! I have saved a dancing banana for this occasion! :banana:
Oh also quick question. Did you get to pick your interview date or did they schedule it for you? I also heard somewhere that UMKC only schedules interviews on Mondays. I'm assuming this is false.

Anyway Congrats again! Hopefully my interview invitation is coming soon... lol :shifty:

Oh also quick question. Did you get to pick your interview date or did they schedule it for you? I also heard somewhere that UMKC only schedules interviews on Mondays. I'm assuming this is false.

Anyway Congrats again! Hopefully my interview invitation is coming soon... lol :shifty:
You call and choose from the dates still available. The calendar on UMKC.edu shows interviews happening on OCT 12, 14, 19, 23, 26 and the last on Nov. 2nd. I think there was 11 or 12 students present the day i interviewed.

You call and choose from the dates still available. The calendar on UMKC.edu shows interviews happening on OCT 12, 14, 19, 23, 26 and the last on Nov. 2nd. I think there was 11 or 12 students present the day i interviewed.
Oh ok awesome. Thanks alot!

Has anyone received interview invitation for October 26th or November 2nd?

Is UMKC still sending out invitations or are they finished for this cycle?

Hi, everyone. UMKC received my application a few weeks ago, and I just received an interview invitaton today. Ahhh! This is my first ever interview ... after years of applying! Does anyone have sage advice?

Last edited:
I was just about to give up hope....Then i checked my email this morning and there it was... My interview invitation!:soexcited:
So excited!

I was just about to give up hope....Then i checked my email this morning and there it was... My interview invitation!:soexcited:
So excited!
Congratulations!

So excited!

What dates were available for your interview?