*Official University of Iowa Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread*

I have an interview here tomorrow and just walking around campus now, I really like it! Anyone else on here interviewing tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah thats probably correct!! ill take it though! lol. All the people that got "Offer made" from the last two years threads got acceptances :)
But I also heard that they do a lot of out of staters first, so keep your hopes up!
Everyone who has had a status change, when did you interview and are you OOS or IS?

I'm oos, interviewed on oct. 17th

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my message to check back on December 1st, went to mobile and it said offer made! Apparently they are doing it in waves as I checked about every day since I saw some people with the change. OOS Interview Sept. 28th

Reactions: 2 users
Just got my message to check back on December 1st, went to mobile and it said offer made! Apparently they are doing it in waves as I checked about every day since I saw some people with the change. OOS Interview Sept. 28th
Congrats!
I think it's only twice that they change the status. Based on previous threads, they changed it on two dates.

I am OOS and interviewed on Sept 23rd

Congrats!
I think it's only twice that they change the status. Based on previous threads, they changed it on two dates.

Ahh I just read back and saw where someone put that. Sometimes I'm amazed I got a double digit score on reading comprehension haha

Reactions: 1 users
I just got a status change this morning!

OOS (CA) and interviewed on October 21.

I'm so excited! Iowa, here I come!!! (Hopefully this isn't a glitch in the system, and I'm celebrating prematurely....that.....would suck...)

Well that's encouraging! Maybe they aren't just doing 2 updates like the last couple years? Fingers crossed, no update here! :(

Well that's encouraging! Maybe they aren't just doing 2 updates like the last couple years? Fingers crossed, no update here! :(
Definitely doesn't seem like they're doing it in big waves. Someone updated yesterday, and I thought that was the second wave people mentioned. My heart sank. Don't be discouraged and keep checking!

Definitely doesn't seem like they're doing it in big waves. Someone updated yesterday, and I thought that was the second wave people mentioned. My heart sank. Don't be discouraged and keep checking!
I know I was discouraged at first but there's some hope now!

My aadsas mobile went from offer made to please check back Dec 2nd. However if I check the portal on my computer it says check back Dec 1st. Anyone else seeing this right now?

Wow mine did too. Maybe they found and fixed the error lol...

Members don't see this ad :)
They had the check back December 2nd error last year on mobile.

My aadsas mobile went from offer made to please check back Dec 2nd. However if I check the portal on my computer it says check back Dec 1st. Anyone else seeing this right now?

Wow mine did too. Maybe they found and fixed the error lol...

Mine also switched from offer made, but says check back Dec. 1st on both my mobile and portal. Maybe they also fixed the Dec. 2nd error in the time I posted this though.

Did this happen the previous years too? I don't remember if I came across anything about it getting switched from "offer made" to "check back"

From my knowledge there was nothing about 'Offer made' happening last year (I applied last year and didn't see anything about it) must have been and error this year. Last year though mobile said 'Check back Dec 2nd' and online said 'Check back December 1st'

From my knowledge there was nothing about 'Offer made' happening last year (I applied last year and didn't see anything about it) must have been and error this year. Last year though mobile said 'Check back Dec 2nd' and online said 'Check back December 1st'
From last year, the trend for Iowa was that "check back on December" notification meant the applicants were accepted, though?

I was excited yesterday after seeing "offer made" and now I'm anxious again since it's gone. Gahhh.

I had my interview a week and a half ago and I don't see that status change that says "check back Dec 1." Does that mean that I won't get in? I am an out of state applicant so I'm not sure if that means anything.

I had my interview a week and a half ago and I don't see that status change that says "check back Dec 1." Does that mean that I won't get in? I am an out of state applicant so I'm not sure if that means anything.

Not sure about getting in or not, but I know OOS doesn't matter. I'm OOS and got the status change.

Looking back at previous Iowa Dental Threads, those who received the check back Dec 1st will hear on Dec 1st. They usually only fill 1/3 of the class on this date. If you haven't had a status change it could just mean you are part of the 2/3 who will be accepted most likely throughout the rest of December.

Looking back at previous Iowa Dental Threads, those who received the check back Dec 1st will hear on Dec 1st. They usually only fill 1/3 of the class on this date. If you haven't had a status change it could just mean you are part of the 2/3 who will be accepted most likely throughout the rest of December.

Here's hoping! :nailbiting:

Just wondering if any in staters received the check back Dec 1st status change?

Anyone waiting up till midnight for an email?? Lol

Well I know at Kentucky the admissions office said they try to send them out right at midnight. Ha so I was just wondering if any other schools would try that. Prob not tho

Well I know at Kentucky the admissions office said they try to send them out right at midnight. Ha so I was just wondering if any other schools would try that. Prob not tho
From past threads, Iowa can send them anywhere from midnight all the way until the 2nd!

But the cat is kinda out of the bag already for those with the status change though isn't it? I haven't heard anyone say from past threads that they didn't have the pre-Dec. 1 status change to "check back on..." but then got accepted on Dec. 1.

But the cat is kinda out of the bag already for those with the status change though isn't it? I haven't heard anyone say from past threads that they didn't have the pre-Dec. 1 status change to "check back on..." but then got accepted on Dec. 1.
The way I interpreted past threads is that if you don't already have a status change, you probably won't see an acceptance on Dec 1st. But it doesn't mean you won't be accepted eventually.

The way I interpreted past threads is that if you don't already have a status change, you probably won't see an acceptance on Dec 1st. But it doesn't mean you won't be accepted eventually.

Yeah, that's how I understood it too. I just meant that people getting acceptances tomorrow probably already know they are getting one. :)

September 28th

Oh ok. Mine was in November. Maybe because you had an early interview they decided on you earlier?

Sigh, I hope I get in. Plus, getting in early is good for finding good housing.

Does anyone know the color of the scrubs? random question lol

Offer extended via email at 12:02 CT. OOS ND resident. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got my acceptance! Stoked to have the opportunity to become a hawkeye!

Edit: OOS I'm an IN resident!

Last edited:
For those who were accepted, were statuses check back?

Got the email!! In state! Looks like I'll be rooting for Iowa this weekend!

Best of luck to everyone still waiting; can't wait to see all of these posts from acceptees!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Got the acceptance via email!
Instate

YES, Iowa too!

For those wondering, I'm OOS (IL). Congrats all and best of luck to those in wait of the great news!!

Can you all list if status was check back and the time you receive email?

Has anyone with a November interview date received an offer?