*** Official University of New England C/O 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

I did my supp but haven't heard back for an interview. OSS student, should I not hold my breath?

P.S Congratulations to all the people that did receive interviews :)
I'm OOS and I was first batch. What batch were you? I'm sure you'll hear back very soon, esp since you received a supplemental!

And thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am driving. Do whatever is the cheapest if you don't have to worry about missing class or work. Portland is a smaller airport so a flight into there would be more expensive than flying into Boston, but then you'd have to find a way to get to Portland from there.
Good point. Thanks for the input :)

What did you all put for the additional comments question?

"Please provide any additional information you would like the Admissions Committee to consider when reviewing your application. Provide information that might clarify any previously provided information that might have been confusing or difficult to understand. Use this space to further explain your experience in dentistry, your extracurricular/volunteerism/community service, your leadership experience and/or factors that may have had a negative effect on your academic/professional/personal performance."

Did you just reexplain all of the shadowing/volunteering/etc. that is on your AADSAS application? If so, how much detail did you go into for all of it? I don't want to bombard them with information that is already on AADSAS, but it seems like they want more info about everything.
To be honest, I left that part blank. I know for my other supplementals that asked similar questions, I also left those blank. I didn't want to overdo it with info that was stated on my AADSAS application. That question gives applicants to elaborate anything that may be ambiguous on their AADSAS app (respective of the character limit on AADSAS).

If you feel like your experience is concise and well stated on your AADSAS, it's not necessary to restate it. But you know your experiences best, and if you can elaborate on something that will help set you apart...go for it. Keep in mind that the admissions committee are reading *many* other applications too!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm OOS and I was first batch. What batch were you? I'm sure you'll hear back very soon, esp since you received a supplemental!

I was verified on 7/9 & mailed 7/10. Let's hope so because this is my guilty pleasure school. As in if I don't get into my state school I will want to go there because I think it would be amazing to go to school on the east coast and a change in scenery and being a part of UNE program! I am just anxious because I am OOS and I know some schools wait until after they pick their ISS students to interview their OOS and I haven't heard much of the interview process from this school.

I am sure you will do great during your interview just be yourself and remember to smile:D

Reactions: 1 user
To be honest, I left that part blank. I know for my other supplementals that asked similar questions, I also left those blank. I didn't want to overdo it with info that was stated on my AADSAS application. That question gives applicants to elaborate anything that may be ambiguous on their AADSAS app (respective of the character limit on AADSAS).

If you feel like your experience is concise and well stated on your AADSAS, it's not necessary to restate it. But you know your experiences best, and if you can elaborate on something that will help set you apart...go for it. Keep in mind that the admissions committee are reading *many* other applications too!
Awesome, okay. Thanks for your reply!

I was verified on 7/9 & mailed 7/10. Let's hope so because this is my guilty pleasure school. As in if I don't get into my state school I will want to go there because I think it would be amazing to go to school on the east coast and a change in scenery and being a part of UNE program! I am just anxious because I am OOS and I know some schools wait until after they pick their ISS students to interview their OOS and I haven't heard much of the interview process from this school.

I am sure you will do great during your interview just be yourself and remember to smile:D
I know, the East Coast is amazinggggg :D

I believe I read somewhere on SDN (maybe this thread or another random one) that UNE doesn't give out supplementals to everyone. So if you've completed their supplemental, it can be indicative of a potential interview. I received mine on August 6th. You're third batch, so give it a couple weeks! I wouldn't worry too much at the moment. I think maybe once mid/late September rolls around and you still haven't heard anything, then I'd worry lol.

I know, the East Coast is amazinggggg :D

I believe I read somewhere on SDN (maybe this thread or another random one) that UNE doesn't give out supplementals to everyone. So if you've completed their supplemental, it can be indicative of a potential interview. I received mine on August 6th. You're third batch, so give it a couple weeks! I wouldn't worry too much at the moment. I think maybe once mid/late September rolls around and you still haven't heard anything, then I'd worry lol.

Thank you! Put my mind at ease a little. Best of luck to you and I hope you get it. Unless it's my spot you're taking ;) just joking! There is room for two! :angelic:

I got my supplemental immediately--way too soon for anyone to have looked at my file in any case. It could be automated based on DAT score or something though, I don't know.

I got my supplemental immediately--way too soon for anyone to have looked at my file in any case. It could be automated based on DAT score or something though, I don't know.
i think more on GPA probably. seems like the low GPA people didn't get the supp :(

i think more on GPA probably. seems like the low GPA people didn't get the supp :(
My supp was sent the day after my GPA was verified. Application hadn't been mailed it (just mailed today).

20AA/19TS/19PAT/21QR/23RC
Undergrad GPA: 3.46
Graduate GPA: 3.66

Here are my stats in case it helps anyone.

I am traveling and dont have my scores on me but 3.4 overall and I think 3.2 science or bcp. Something like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
what reallyyyy?! :confused: i think if someones overall is less than 3.0 though they don't give the supp
Yeah probably. I was also taking science classes last cycle so maybe they gave me some credit lol. It's a great school so I was really lucky to be interviewed.

yeah so ur GPA isn't that low. UNE doesn't give the supp to under 3.0 gpas
Everyone is always I have a 6.8 GPA out of a 4.0 and all 30 DAT and I was rejected. (exaggeration of course) So I feel that my sGPA could be better. After this semester it will be because I am not taking any chemistry! :soexcited: (Me no likey chemistry)

Yeah probably. I was also taking science classes last cycle so maybe they gave me some credit lol. It's a great school so I was really lucky to be interviewed.
A year late, but congrats on the interview and best of luck to you this cycle!

Everyone is always I have a 6.8 GPA out of a 4.0 and all 30 DAT and I was rejected. (exaggeration of course) So I feel that my sGPA could be better. After this semester it will be because I am not taking any chemistry! :soexcited: (Me no likey chemistry)
I'm so confused by this post what are you trying to say?? Sorry super lost

Interview invite!

7th Batch
Notified via email 9/3
Interview date is October 5th

Just received my interview invite! I was given October 5th but cannot make that date. I RSVP'ed and emailed Amanda asking for an alternate date.

Also interviewing on 10/5! Notified 9/3. See you all there.

when did you guys have your app complete?

k

Last edited:

I'm a D1 right now at UNE. Based on our class about 40/60 or 50/50 OOS vs ME, if class of 2020 is similar, there may not be any disadvantage to being OOS

I'm a D1 right now at UNE. Based on our class about 40/60 or 50/50 OOS vs ME, if class of 2020 is similar, there may not be any disadvantage to being OOS
I think our class only has 10-15 maine students at best, if you factor in all of new england it may be 40/60 NE vs OOS

I think our class only has 10-15 maine students at best, if you factor in all of new england it may be 40/60 NE vs OOS
Yeah, I guess that's probably true, I just thought of all the NE ppl together.

2nd batch and heard nothing from this school yet..

Got an interview today! scheduled for 10/5. time to find out more about UNE :)

Can you share how the interview format was?
Interview with two faculty, but I have heard some of my fellow D1's say they only interviewed with one (if i remember correctly). You also sit with the dean and some faculty for a little bit of time where you get to chit chat with them and ask them any questions you may have. I'm not sure if they are planning on doing this for your interview year, but I just talked to the admin office and they mentioned student interviews too. I'm sure they will implement them next year, but again, not sure if they will be doing the student interview this year.

You'll also get a tour by one of the students. When I interviewed last year it was a D1 that gave our tour, so I'll assume that they will do that again. Maybe I'll see some of you as one of your guides :)

I have my UNE interview coming up soon and Amanda emailed me an agenda of the day. It said that we'll be taking part in MMI's and then have a Q&A with the dean. So I'm assuming they changed it this year

I also got an interview invite today for October 5th :)

Interview with two faculty, but I have heard some of my fellow D1's say they only interviewed with one (if i remember correctly). You also sit with the dean and some faculty for a little bit of time where you get to chit chat with them and ask them any questions you may have. I'm not sure if they are planning on doing this for your interview year, but I just talked to the admin office and they mentioned student interviews too. I'm sure they will implement them next year, but again, not sure if they will be doing the student interview this year.

You'll also get a tour by one of the students. When I interviewed last year it was a D1 that gave our tour, so I'll assume that they will do that again. Maybe I'll see some of you as one of your guides :)

Ah I see thank you. From the person who posted after it looks like the interview has changed. Do you know how long the interview is? I am trying to schedule flights and want to make sure I book one I can make!

Update: I just saw at the bottom of the email it says itll go til 430

Last edited:
Ah I see thank you. From the person who posted after it looks like the interview has changed. Do you know how long the interview is? I am trying to schedule flights and want to make sure I book one I can make!

Update: I just saw at the bottom of the email it says itll go til 430
It's definitely possible that the format changed. If it did, I'm not sure how long they will be. When I interviewed last fall, our interviews were maybe 10 to 15 minutes. I'd definitely say to book something that gets you here the day before if your schedule permits because it just makes things a little easier. There should be a few hotels relatively close to the school. Plus Portland has a bunch of super duper good places to eat (duckfat, the holy donut, etc).

@berndtl1 @Soleus715 @willwash Do you guys know when you are flying in / where you are gonna stay?

Nothings decided yet, I gotta figure out what would be the cheapest option AND allow me to be in good condition for the interview.

I saw some of the flights on Saturday but they arrive past midnight.. we need to get there at 7:30am so I think I might just go a day earlier and spend time relaxing and sight-seeing. I don't mind leaving right after the interview or spending more time enjoying what Maine has to offer.

Not sure where I'll stay though.. I considered sleeping in the car haha but that would be awful for the interview. I'll probably stay at a cheap motel close to the school, I've slept in some of the harshest conditions before so it should be okay.

@berndtl1 @Soleus715 @willwash Do you guys know when you are flying in / where you are gonna stay?
I have the afternoon session so I don't have to be anywhere till 11 am on October 5th, so that's kind of nice. I'm staying at the Clarion and flying in October 3rd so I can have some time to sight-see and relax.

I have the afternoon session so I don't have to be anywhere till 11 am on October 5th, so that's kind of nice. I'm staying at the Clarion and flying in October 3rd so I can have some time to sight-see and relax.
I am 11:30 as well

so I submitted my app on 6/26 according to Aadsas and it still says application received/ application complete. I don't know whats going on. Im not sure if I received an secondary app yet.

sooo my app still says application complete on aadsas. is anyone elses?

I believe Oct. 5 interview invites have already been sent. Next interview date is Oct. 19 so let's hope we get a chance to make it to that one. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 users
Mine has said application complete for about a week now. I got the supplemental the day after I was verified 8/28 and completed it that day. Really would love to attend this school. Waiting on the interview *fingers crossed for everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Just checking in to say I'm really excited about my interview on 10/5!

Reactions: 2 users