*** Official University of New England C/O 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Verified end of august and did the supplemental. Still no interview or anything from them, freaking out!!

Members don't see this ad.

Verified end of august and did the supplemental. Still no interview or anything from them, freaking out!!
I'm second batch and received an email from them on July 8th that they had received my supplemental and then I didn't hear anything from them again... until September 3rd when they invited me for an interview. Sometimes no news is good news :), keeping my fingers crossed for you :xf:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any news anyone? My supplemental was received and complete September 3.

Can anybody who had his/her interview already at this school to shed some light on what the MMI are. Reading posts from last year it seems like they weren't following this method of interview.

Don't worry about the MMI. It was pretty fun, and I liken it to speed dating. The interview process was pretty cool, and well done. There's nothing to worry about and you'll have a blast.
Thanks for your response, but what type of questions are in the mini interviews. Are they scenarios where you have to discuss them or more questions about yourself, and how many interviews are.

Thanks for your response, but what type of questions are in the mini interviews. Are they scenarios where you have to discuss them or more questions about yourself, and how many interviews are.

For the sake of what was said during the interview about "not discussing to anyone about what was asked at the interview", no one please respond to this. I hate to be that person, but it gives an advantage to those who interview at later dates an advantage over those who interviewed earlier.

Reactions: 2 users
Took the words right out of my mouth. I was ambiguous on purpose when asked because I completely agree with you. It's really not that hard for yourself. Thank you for posting this.
Could you tell me how long the MMI lasted?

Do you know how long the whole day was? My interview day starts at 11:30, but do you remember about what time the whole day ended? Thanks!
The e-mail they sent out to us says plan to be on campus till 4:30.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a supplemental app shortly after they received my application. My application has been complete since 8/20. I have not heard anything. Getting worried! Congrats and good luck to everyone with interviews. This is my dream school!

Got an interview. October 19 woooooot! supplemental was completed and verified 9/3. batch 8

GPA (science, overall): 3.01, 3.30
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/22/21/no

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
got interview invite today for 10/19!!
stats: cGPA 3.34, sGPA 3.1, DAT 24, dental assistant, from NY

Where my 10/5 people at?! I land 10/4 in the afternoon and I rented a car...excited to do some exploring

Where my 10/5 people at?! I land 10/4 in the afternoon and I rented a car...excited to do some exploring

Beat ya, I'm landing in the morning and have the whole day to kill. I will be finding a nice seafood place on the water and indulging in some lobster that evening, I can tell you that much!

Beat ya, I'm landing in the morning and have the whole day to kill. I will be finding a nice seafood place on the water and indulging in some lobster that evening, I can tell you that much!

Nice! I land at 1 p.m. I've never had lobster, but I was told that Maine lobster is incredible and would be a great first time to have it.

I'm going this Friday but the forecast is rain all 4 days I'm there.... I guess I just gotta stay indoors and stuff myself.

I'm going this Friday but the forecast is rain all 4 days I'm there.... I guess I just gotta stay indoors and stuff myself.

Why spend three nights for a dental school interview?

Why spend three nights for a dental school interview?

The flight times were awful and tickets were expensive if wanted to stay there just 1 day. From what I remember, the arrival time was like 12:40am on the day of the interview.

The price of the flight dropped by significantly by flying to Boston and taking a coach bus to Portland instead.

So, I just decided to stay a few more days for similar cost. It'll be a nice few days before the interview to go sight-seeing and tour the area that might become my home for the next 4 years.
Since I'll be there a few days prior to the interview, it'll hopefully prevent any delays and I won't have fatigue from the flight/ lack of sleep.

Last edited:
Got my interview invite today for 10/19! I'll be flying out from Tampa, so lord help me with these plane ticket costs.

Has anyone from Canada got supplemental yet? I received an email saying that they received everything, but haven't got supplemental yet... I don't want to call and bother them in case they don't plan to invite me for an interview :'( ...

Update after flying back:

The interview was amazing. I loved everything about UNE. I loved the faculty there and the school's philosophy/policies.

And I enjoyed Maine a lot while I was there. If you have time, I recommend visiting Portland Head Light. There are lots of great restaurants to go to. I don't think I can enjoy seafood anywhere else anymore.

I took thousands of pictures there because everything looked so nice :)

Portland Head Light:

Old Port

Reactions: 4 users
Update after flying back:

The interview was amazing. I loved everything about UNE. I loved the faculty there and the school's philosophy/policies.

And I enjoyed Maine a lot while I was there. If you have time, I recommend visiting Portland Head Light. There are lots of great restaurants to go to. I don't think I can enjoy seafood anywhere else anymore.

I took thousands of pictures there because everything looked so nice :)

Portland Head Light:

Old Port

Those pictures are incredible! Look like Maine tourism shots.

Those pictures are incredible! Look like Maine tourism shots.

Thanks! I think the whole environment really helped calm down the anxiety I had. People there were very friendly and accommodating.

Thanks! I think the whole environment really helped calm down the anxiety I had. People there were very friendly and accommodating.
That sounds incredible. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Totally a great place to spend 4 years.

Has anyone from Canada got supplemental yet? I received an email saying that they received everything, but haven't got supplemental yet... I don't want to call and bother them in case they don't plan to invite me for an interview :'( ...[/QUOTE ]

There were multiple people from Canada in my interview group so they have sent supplementals to our friends in the Great White North.

Hey is anyone interviewing on Nov 2nd? Im going to fly in and do some exploring the day before if anyone else who is interviewing would want to take a look around too!

Hey guys! I'm flying in from Chicago tomorrow afternoon and interviewing on Monday the 19th. Anybody else in the same boat that would want to play tourist for a day?

I'm from Maine and I can answer any Maine related questions:whistle:

Interviewing tomorrow morning! Just flew in from Tampa. I even went out and bought a jacket before coming here So excited!!

I just received my interview for 11/16! Who's going that day?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@babowc
I'll be there!! What days are you planning on staying? I'd love to spend the weekend there before the interview day, still contemplating

@babowc
I'll be there!! What days are you planning on staying? I'd love to spend the weekend there before the interview day, still contemplating

If you're planning on staying there over the weekend, there's a lot of things to do in Maine.

Places I went to:

Sight-seeing: Portland Head Light, Bug Light, Portland Art Museum (it was free on Friday Evening), Portland Observatory, Back Cove/ Eastern Promenade Trails, Downtown/ Old Port, DeLorme Map Store (if going to see a giant globe of Earth is your kind of thing to do lol, it's also far away).

Food: Fisherman's Grill, Duckfat, Bite into Maine, Gorgeous Gelato (hilarious owner xD), 3Buoy's Seafood Shanty & Grille, and Street & Co.

If you need rental car, make sure you get free pickup/ drop off. I used Enterprise and they were very nice.. weekend special for $72/4 days and gave me a free upgrade to a better car. I stayed at Super 8 and their service was great. They let me use their refrigerator and microwave.. overall very friendly service from every place I went to.

Reactions: 4 users
@babowc
I think I'll be going up there on Sunday.. I have another one on Friday at my state school!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I just received my interview for 11/16! Who's going that day?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just got the invite! so excited!
after looking at these pictures, I'm thinking about heading out saturday morning and do some touring of the area before the interview!

If you're planning on staying there over the weekend, there's a lot of things to do in Maine.

Places I went to:

Sight-seeing: Portland Head Light, Bug Light, Portland Art Museum (it was free on Friday Evening), Portland Observatory, Back Cove/ Eastern Promenade Trails, Downtown/ Old Port, DeLorme Map Store (if going to see a giant globe of Earth is your kind of thing to do lol, it's also far away).

Food: Fisherman's Grill, Duckfat, Bite into Maine, Gorgeous Gelato (hilarious owner xD), 3Buoy's Seafood Shanty & Grille, and Street & Co.

If you need rental car, make sure you get free pickup/ drop off. I used Enterprise and they were very nice.. weekend special for $72/4 days and gave me a free upgrade to a better car. I stayed at Super 8 and their service was great. They let me use their refrigerator and microwave.. overall very friendly service from every place I went to.

SAVING THIS!!! thanks for the input!

Make sure you go to the Lobster Shack!

@babowc

Hey, I'll be flying there on Sunday morning and do the touristy/relaxing that day. There were no flights leaving after the interview, so I opted to stay one more night.

The only thing that I have for sure, is the flight. I'm in the process of getting a room/car without breaking the bank, lol.

I just got the invite! so excited!
after looking at these pictures, I'm thinking about heading out saturday morning and do some touring of the area before the interview!

Definitely a good idea to tour/relax before the interview!