*** Official University of New England C/O 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

i think more on GPA probably. seems like the low GPA people didn't get the supp :(

Not true. According ADEA Official Guide to dental school, class of 2014 has undergrad gpa range from 2.81-3.91. You still have a chance since your grad GPA is above 3.5. Don't give up hope.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a 4.0 grad GPA but a low UG gpa... I got the supplement in October I submitted before Labor Day. Is this their last date Nov 17 to interview? Ugh

Anybody have any idea how many people have been invited per interview? A.K.A. What's the competition like once invited?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a 4.0 grad GPA but a low UG gpa... I got the supplement in October I submitted before Labor Day. Is this their last date Nov 17 to interview? Ugh

Unfortunately, it does seem like Nov 16th is their last interview date . The email said this is the last interview session and it would not be possible to reschedule.

Unfortunately, it does seem like Nov 16th is their last interview date . The email said this is the last interview session and it would not be possible to reschedule.

Fortunately I was able to snag a spot for Novermber 16! :) But I guess I wanted to know if this is the kind of school that gives out a ton of interviews or if they are more conservative about inviting candidates.

BookwormBelle - Sorry I don't know why I thought it was my comment you were replying to!! oops..

Last edited:
Fortunately I was able to snag a spot for Novermber 16! :) But I guess I wanted to know if this is the kind of school that gives out a ton of interviews or if they are more conservative about inviting candidates.

BookwormBelle - Sorry I don't know why I thought it was my comment you were replying to!! oops..

The ADEA guide says that in 2014, there were 105 acceptances/ 244 interviewed for OOS applicants. That's about 43% chance of acceptance if you got an interview.

The ADEA guide says that in 2014, there were 105 acceptances/ 244 interviewed for OOS applicants. That's about 43% chance of acceptance if you got an interview.

pretty good chances, eh?

I just got the invite! so excited!
after looking at these pictures, I'm thinking about heading out saturday morning and do some touring of the area before the interview!

Let me know if you guys want to meet up that day. I fly in on Saturday (It's cheaper to travel on Saturday) and have a rental car, so I'll be mobile. It would be great to meet up and sight see!

@babowc
I'll be there!! What days are you planning on staying? I'd love to spend the weekend there before the interview day, still contemplating
I am arriving on Saturday (it's cheaper to fly that day) and I will be there until Tuesday. I am staying at the Ramada Inn or something like that :) If you want to meet up and look around, let me know, I will be out and about- touring and eating! I'd love to meet more people going that day.

Congratulations! Let us know your travel plans so we can meet up. Good luck with your interview and hope to see you there.

Members don't see this ad :)
So they do not interview in the spring? The last day was Nov 16th?

So they do not interview in the spring? The last day was Nov 16th?

Yeah the last official interview date is Nov 16. But people last year did get post-dec interviews with people still on the waitlist.
So I think as long as your application is solid there is a chance, but it's probably only if people give up their spot after march.

Also, keep in mind that people are on the waitlist so they'll probably only interview if they won't like the next best person on the waitlist.

Yeah the last official interview date is Nov 16. But people last year did get post-dec interviews with people still on the waitlist.
So I think as long as your application is solid there is a chance, but it's probably only if people give up their spot after march.

Also, keep in mind that people are on the waitlist so they'll probably only interview if they won't like the next best person on the waitlist.

It is kinda weird that they keep people on the waitlist and interview new candidates based on how they post they have set interview dates...I see why haha but I would be so salty if I was on the waitlist and they kept interviewing....kinda makes me think if they ended up offering it's like a "ugh yeah i guess we will admit you"

It is kinda weird that they keep people on the waitlist and interview new candidates based on how they post they have set interview dates...I see why haha but I would be so salty if I was on the waitlist and they kept interviewing....kinda makes me think if they ended up offering it's like a "ugh yeah i guess we will admit you"

yeah i would be really salty too...

but i think people that get those late interviews must have really good applications since the people on the waitlist are still applicants that looked good on paper to them to begin with.

Anybody here already interview and have UNE as their #1?

Whoever interviewed today and are staying the night, we're meeting up for drinks and dinner! Hmu via DM!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

two weeks everyone..the wait is almost over :soexcited:

I'm glad I took like 2000 pictures and videos during my trip.. it'll keep me thinking about UNE for the next two weeks... LOL I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

I just hope they don't do interview into next year/March like I saw on last year's thread

The website no longer says they do as someone previously quoted in that thread

I just hope they don't do interview into next year/March like I saw on last year's thread

The website no longer says they do as someone previously quoted in that thread
yeah last year i was waitlisted in january and then they kept interviewing in the spring and i wanted to cry every single day, it was so awful haha

yeah last year i was waitlisted in january and then they kept interviewing in the spring and i wanted to cry every single day, it was so awful haha

Sorry you did not get off the waitlist! Hopefully you get in this year! I am nervous and excited....I wish it was Dec 1st!!!

Someone please post if/when their status changes. Last year at this time people had theirs change to "please check back dec 1" and mine stayed the same until I got my wait list notification a month later. ONE WEEEEEEEEK :soexcited:

Got an email from Amanda this morning, but still no change on AADSAS

Any status changes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no change yet.. I actually really don't like how I have 3 days off... with 3 days left until Dec 1.... I'd rather work and let time fly by

Anyone have any status changes other than the email from Amanda a few days ago?

Anyone have any status changes other than the email from Amanda a few days ago?

Did everybody get that email?

yeah it just said "I wanted to reach out and remind you that acceptance decisions will begin going out on December 1st. We do not send all of our acceptances out at this time so if you do not hear right away, your application is still under review. You will be notified right away when your status changes. We do not expect to give out waitlist decisions until the new year."

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on your acceptances everyone! I'm still hoping for a UNE one, but I am happy with my LECOM acceptance for now.