*** Official University of New England C/O 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

May i ask when did u receive the interview?
January 21st! And I'll be interviewing this upcoming Thursday, February 11th :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm really sorry I didn't post this sooner, but I thought better late than never in case it is helpful to someone.

I submitted by application in early July, received the supplemental shortly after then interviewed in September, and just got my acceptance at UNE (which was my first choice) in mid January. My DAT scores weren't that great, and I have 3 Cs in a math and two sciences, but I had a lot of clinical experiences, community involvement, and the rest of my grades were good, and I think I had a good committee LOR.

I also just got invited to an interview at another school (I forgot to withdraw my other applications, so I did that last week), which surprised me since I thought that my chances were slim to none given that I hadn't heard anything or interviewed in the fall. Anyway, the cycle definitely isn't over. Don't give up!

Is there anyone here that had a pre December interview that still hasn't heard?

Anyone email for updates lately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone email for updates lately?

I emailed Amanda on Monday and she that they are expecting to send out another round of acceptances this month

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
Thank God .. I have been waiting for sooooo long

You mean by the end of February? Or in March

Does anyone know if they are still conducting interviews/going to send out invites? I see from last year's thread that there were a couple of late spring interviews, but their website states that they only interview through January.

My application and supplemental app were received on 10/07/2015. Haven't heard anything since.

Does anyone know if they are still conducting interviews/going to send out invites? I see from last year's thread that there were a couple of late spring interviews, but their website states that they only interview through January.

My application and supplemental app were received on 10/07/2015. Haven't heard anything since.
At the interview Amanda said that the Feb 11th interview was the last schedule one but that could always change if the committee wants to see more applicants.

On AADSAS portal, did anyone's status change to "Received/Under Review?" Mine still says "Received/Application Complete," and I didn't know if they update via portal or not.

On AADSAS portal, did anyone's status change to "Received/Under Review?" Mine still says "Received/Application Complete," and I didn't know if they update via portal or not.

Nope, never. I mailed out the same time. I dont believe my app ever hit the committee eyes. It seems like they interview until Nov then evaluate how full their class is WL people then continue to hold interviews until they get people they want. One year I believe they interviewed a group in April/May. But the class size is so small any hope for people w/o interviews is slim to none at this point.

Mine changed from under review to invited for interview, then never changed to anything else. This was a few months ago

Mine stayed the same since June 22nd.
"Under review"
I dont think they even looked at my app

Members don't see this ad :)
They have started to send out the emails for waitlist positions. I wonder if anyone gets flat out rejected or if everyone is offered a waitlist spot

They have started to send out the emails for waitlist positions. I wonder if anyone gets flat out rejected or if everyone is offered a waitlist spot
How do you know they sent out wait list spots and when did they send those?

I also got waitlisted! I interviewed in early October

Waitlisted. Second year in a row. Interviewed in October.

I haven't received anything yet, Interviewed last week. Idk if that's a good sign or not. will update when i do, even if rejected. do you get spots assigned on the waitlist?

When are 2nd deposits due?

Received a request to join the waitlist. I think it is because I am still in the process of finishing up their microbio lab prerequisite. Gonna respectfully decline the offer. Good luck to those on the list!

I interviewed last week and got wait listed as well, I wish they would share how high you were on the wait list:unsure:

Waitlisted today. Hoping for the best :)

Congrats on your acceptances guys!

Accepted! Emailed at 9:39am pacific time!!!

Accepted! Received email info today around 12:40 EST.

If any girls are looking to have a roommate to split rent with, please feel free to PM me

Received a request to join the waitlist. I think it is because I am still in the process of finishing up their microbio lab prerequisite. Gonna respectfully decline the offer. Good luck to those on the list!
I don't think it's because you're missing the requirement because I'm currently working on the microbiology lab requirement & I got accepted.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think it's because you're missing the requirement because I'm currently working on the microbiology lab requirement & I got accepted.

Congrats! Are you working through their online class?

Congrats! Are you working through their online class?
No I'm in my last semester of undergrad so I was likely enough to be accepted before classes started so I was able to add the lab into my schedule.

I emailed Amanda a few days ago, she said there hasn't been any activity regarding acceptances since the second wave.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Did you hear anything, Mike? I got an email that I've been waitlisted on Friday.

I'm declining my waitlist spot. I got accepted to NYU :)

Reactions: 6 users
Grats Lizbef happy it worked out for you!

I love you guys thank you all so much! You're all so supportive and will be great dentists :)!!!

I seriously have been rooting for you since we met back in October at UNE! Congrats!!!!!