***Official UTHSC Houston C/O 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Yah, the said the second round has 30 days to respond. Any one accepted now has 15 days!

Members don't see this ad.

For those who just got accepted in the second round how long did they give you to respond?
The email just said to reply to the email as my earliest convenience. I think they give you a month to decide though.

So the last interview date for this cycle is on Jan. 27th? So if I haven't heard from them does that mean I'm just rejected?

Members don't see this ad :)
At the interview I went to on Tuesday they told us the class was around 50% full and that they released 10 more acceptances that morning. They were going to meet again next Tuesday and the following and then a third time (a fourth if need be) to go over everything and then release another round but they weren't clear when. Hope that helps!
So they are going to send out acceptances every tuesday ?

So they are going to send out acceptances every tuesday ?
They didn't indicate that they were going to release acceptances every Tuesday. They kept emphasizing that they take a lot longer to fill their classes than the other schools. It sounded like they were going to meet a bunch of times, make a decision and then, at some point, release another round of acceptances and then continue to accept people on a rolling basis after that.

Reactions: 1 user
ACCEPTED!!! Oh my gosh! Email sent at 7:46! I have to respond by February 26. I interviewed December 9th.

So many tears of joy!

Reactions: 1 users
ACCEPTED!!! Oh my gosh! Email sent at 7:46! I have to respond by February 26. I interviewed December 9th.

So many tears of joy!

That's awesome!:highfive: I interviewed on Jan 27th and I'm now playing the waiting game and praying for good news. But I really am glad to know those acceptances are rolling in.

Reactions: 1 users
My boyfriend was accepted this morning also! I was accepted on January 20th!!!!! I'm so happy we get to go together! :banana:

Reactions: 2 users
That's awesome!:highfive: I interviewed on Jan 27th and I'm now playing the waiting game and praying for good news. But I really am glad to know those acceptances are rolling in.

Stay positive and patient!!!! :happy: My friend that is a first year said she has classmates that were accepted in March and April!

So many tears of joy!

CONGRATS!!! :soexcited:

CONGRATS!!! Hopefully won't have to wait until March/April to hear back haha !

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any idea how full the class is right now? I had a late interview and am getting nervous!!!

When I last talked to them, they were ~60% full.

Does anyone know when the deadline is to comit to a school? Houston is my #1, but I was offered admission at Baylor

When I last talked to them, they were ~60% full.

Does anyone know when the deadline is to comit to a school? Houston is my #1, but I was offered admission at Baylor

Did you hear this last week? I feel that they will be 75% full right now.

They may have sent out another 5-10 letters since when I talked to them. But everyone does NOT accept their letters. They said they end up sending out about 150 acceptance offers to fill up the class size of 100.

Anyone have an idea where Houston SD is in terms of filling their class? I interviewed december 16th, and I'm still waiting. I have been accepted to couple outer state schools but this school is where I want to be most since I've been in Texas all my life.. Wonder if I should just give up and pay the deposit at another school for a spot.

I contacted Dr.Galindo not too long ago and she said to be patient. From the email it sounded like they are accepting individuals now on a rolling basis as the acceptances have gone out. This is my number one school and I'm not sure if I even have a chance anymore because my interview was in october. When do they even send out waitlist/ denied emails usually?

I contacted Dr.Galindo not too long ago and she said to be patient. From the email it sounded like they are accepting individuals now on a rolling basis as the acceptances have gone out. This is my number one school and I'm not sure if I even have a chance anymore because my interview was in october. When do they even send out waitlist/ denied emails usually?

Rolling basis as in your interview date or your submission date? Because there are some people who interviewed December and got in.

Dr. Pierpont told us that they will send out a waitlist May 1st after they have their class.

Anyone have an idea where Houston SD is in terms of filling their class? I interviewed december 16th, and I'm still waiting. I have been accepted to couple outer state schools but this school is where I want to be most since I've been in Texas all my life.. Wonder if I should just give up and pay the deposit at another school for a spot.
If i were in your position I would just go ahead and put down a deposit at another school. I've only had one interview and no acceptances, although UTSD is my number one choice I would definitely attend any dental school that accepted me. I do hope UTSD works out for you though!

Hmmm I didn't hear of anyone getting accepted since Feb so nope not over here

Ahoys, my interview at UTSD was in October and I've been trying to wait patiently to hear something. Is the wait list in may fro sure? Does anyone know if they have all the spots filled yet? last time i checked the facebook page there was about 160members for class of 2019 group. Does anyone know when students started to hear things in the past?

Ahoys, my interview at UTSD was in October and I've been trying to wait patiently to hear something. Is the wait list in may fro sure? Does anyone know if they have all the spots filled yet? last time i checked the facebook page there was about 160members for class of 2019 group. Does anyone know when students started to hear things in the past?

Hello! This is what I know...

They accepted 50 students December 1st, then another 10 students were accepted January 20th (when I was accepted.) Mid-February they sent out another round of acceptances (not sure how many.. I just know my boyfriend was in this group.) I assume the next round will be mid-March. My friend who is a first year said some of her classmates were accepted in March and April, so there is still hope! I hope this helps.

Does anyone know if anyone has heard anything?

Nope, but tomorrow is the last day before their spring break. I may be wrong, but they might have sent out acceptances on Monday and last week.

Nope, but tomorrow is the last day before their spring break. I may be wrong, but they might have sent out acceptances on Monday and last week.
Last I talked with Dr Galindo on Wednesday they were determining the alternate list and are coming to a point of filling the class she said and will send out enough to try to fill remainder of class

Last I talked with Dr Galindo on Wednesday they were determining the alternate list and are coming to a point of filling the class she said and will send out enough to try to fill remainder of class

My guess is that there are only 5-10 spots left.

Based off of last years thread we should expect acceptances starting March 15th and alternate list placements in April. Also note that Houston has been slower than usual this year so these dates may still be premature if the admissions committee has not yet caught up. As off late January this year I can confirm that Houston had accepted only half it's class size and we have not seen them accept at a mass scale just yet, so its okay to be optimistic for now. And Dr. Galindo's statement does not mean that there are "5-10" spots left, it just means that they have near decided their acceptances and will start sending them on a weekly bases soon followed by alternates. Expect 2-5 acceptances per week starting mid-late March through some of April. They will aim to overfill the class and wait for students to take other offers after which if the class size falls below 100 they will fill via alt list.

Based off of last years thread we should expect acceptances starting March 15th and alternate list placements in April. Also note that Houston has been slower than usual this year so these dates may still be premature if the admissions committee has not yet caught up. As off late January this year I can confirm that Houston had accepted only half it's class size and we have not seen them accept at a mass scale just yet, so its okay to be optimistic for now. And Dr. Galindo's statement does not mean that there are "5-10" spots left, it just means that they have near decided their acceptances and will start sending them on a weekly bases soon followed by alternates. Expect 2-5 acceptances per week starting mid-late March through some of April. They will aim to overfill the class and wait for students to take other offers after which if the class size falls below 100 they will fill via alt list.

Sounds good that the class was only half full by the end of January. I would just think there are only limited spots left because a lot of people were accepted mid and end of February. I haven't heard much about any March acceptances. When did you interview by the way?

Sounds good that the class was only half full by the end of January. I would just think there are only limited spots left because a lot of people were accepted mid and end of February. I haven't heard much about any March acceptances. When did you interview by the way?

The February acceptances constitute only of Pre-January interviews leaving a good amount of people who have not heard back yet. Furthermore even if the Feb acceptances are as high as 30 it would mean that 20 or so spots are still left. 20 spots + overfilling may lead to another 30 acceptances or so till end of April.

I emailed admissions yesterday and apparently they have filled up their class. She said they are accepting more students only if someone declines or withdraws their offer. Also if you have committed to another Texas school they won't offer you admission after May 1st, even if you're next on the wait list. With that said, ANYTHING can happen between now and May 1st!

I emailed admissions yesterday and apparently they have filled up their class. She said they are accepting more students only if someone declines or withdraws their offer. Also if you have committed to another Texas school they won't offer you admission after May 1st, even if you're next on the wait list. With that said, ANYTHING can happen between now and May 1st!
Do you think that means they have sent out emails to those people filling the class or just made decisions?

Do you think that means they have sent out emails to those people filling the class or just made decisions?
Yeah that's a great question...I'm guessing we'll hear something within the next two weeks then? When I last spoke with them they said they were "filling" their class not that it was "filled" its so ambiguous

Yeah that's a great question...I'm guessing we'll hear something within the next two weeks then? When I last spoke with them they said they were "filling" their class not that it was "filled" its so ambiguous
Yeah cause I know it is their spring break right now. But you never know. Nobody has been added to the Facebook group yet, so hopefully that means they haven't sent out emails for the last decided spots yet.

Yeah cause I know it is their spring break right now. But you never know. Nobody has been added to the Facebook group yet, so hopefully that means they haven't sent out emails for the last decided spots yet.

I believe there are some spots that are left. I know a couple of people withdrew from Houston the other day because they got off the waitlist from Baylor.

has anyone contacted the school lately? last I heard from them was right before their spring break

So I had an interview...Jan 27 (latest possible interview...) haven't heard anything....am I out of luck ...when do they send out No's? The application for next year is coming up....in 5 days (may 1st..)

Last edited:
Just received a very late interview offer for January 20th! What are the interviews like here?
Have you heard anything from UTSD yet? I had a late interview too....I know a girl I met there heard already but jw...thanks...PM me on Facebook-Victoria Turner

I think Dr. P was pitching a bunch of bs when he said, 'there is enough seats left for everyone at the table.' :uhno:

I think Dr. P was pitching a bunch of bs when he said, 'there is enough seats left for everyone at the table.' :uhno:

He was just trying to raise our hopes up. There are more people that were accepted from the pre-December interviews than post December. I am talking about when they were handing out acceptances on January-April.

Are we suppose to hear our status on May 1st?

Are we suppose to hear our status on May 1st?
Hopefully, but if there are still no words on your application, then expect a rejection letter in August. Although, one person did post that they were accepted sometime in July on last year official acceptance thread. So, let's continue to hope and pray for that magic e-mail.

Last edited: