**Official VCU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
How soon after submitting your supplemental do they send out the email (I sent it out late at night, but wasn't sure if the information email was an automated response or not)?
I got it the day after I submitted my supplemental.

Members don't see this ad.

How soon after submitting your supplemental do they send out the email (I sent it out late at night, but wasn't sure if the information email was an automated response or not)?

It doesn't seem like it's automated. I submitted it on a Saturday evening and received the information email Tuesday morning

Not a student there, but I have many friends who attended/graduated there. To sum it up, the campus is very safe and takes precautions knowing that the area is not-so-safe. As long as you make smart decisions, you should be fine. Now this is mainly for the main campus, but I'm sure the dental/ medical campus is just the same.
From what I've heard, it's a wonderful place to live and there are really good places to explore (again, as long as you make smart decisions..)!

The MCV (Med/Dent/Nursing/Pharm/PT/OT/) campus is not part of the main VCU campus. It is completely safe. If you ever are at school late at night you can always call security and they will drive you straight to your car.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys Congrats on your interview offers! I was wondering about the supplement because I only had to pay and it says application is complete is it a supplement given if you have received an interview? I was reading through this and was very curious ! I appreciate it!

Hey Guys Congrats on your interview offers! I was wondering about the supplement because I only had to pay and it says application is complete is it a supplement given if you have received an interview? I was reading through this and was very curious ! I appreciate it!
Yes, you're right! Don't worry about it until you get your interview.

For those of you that have already had the interview, did your interviewers focus a lot on what was in your file or was the conversation more organic?

For those of you that have already had the interview, did your interviewers focus a lot on what was in your file or was the conversation more organic?

They have your file in hand and routinely refer to it, but if you engage on a particular topic then you are at free reign to continue the conversation. It's organic and if there is a lull they'll bring up an aspect of your file to further discuss.

Reactions: 1 user
They have your file in hand and routinely refer to it, but if you engage on a particular topic then you are at free reign to continue the conversation. It's organic and if there is a lull they'll bring up an aspect of your file to further discuss.

that really helps! thanks for the feedback!

I was also wondering, are there multiple one-on-one interviews or do we just interview once with one person? also, is the interview/interviews structured into questions (like Question A, B, C etc) or is just a flowing conversation?

Thank you :)

You have two faculty members interview you at the same time. A conversation peppered with questions would be how I'd characterize it.

Reactions: 2 users
You have two faculty members interview you at the same time. A conversation peppered with questions would be how I'd characterize it.

I think I lucked out....my class was the last year that VCU did small interview groups (12 applicants/day) with two 30 minute 1 on 1 interviews....it was much less stressful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite ! Had to reschedule from sept 30 to october 21 but oh well. Super stoked about interviewing at such a great school.

I am OOS. Now I have to fill out the secondary. I hate essays.
I feel yah there. And it's a slightly difficult one. Gonna have to think a bit about some situations to talk about. Oh well! Where from? I'm a Tennessee resident

Do you think it puts you at a disadvantage to postpone the interview from September 30 to October 21st?

Maybe...Maybe not. I have no idea. It interfered with another interview I had previously scheduled so I didn't have much of a choice.

was anyone at the september 16th interview date? what did y'all think of the program and how were your interviews? :)

2 faculty interview you at the same time and ask you about things in your file, why you applied to VCU, what made you decide on dentistry, things like that. 30 minutes.

2 faculty interview you at the same time and ask you about things in your file, why you applied to VCU, what made you decide on dentistry, things like that. 30 minutes.
Do you know if the tour is before or after the interview?

What sets VCU apart from other schools? I find it very difficult to figure out the differences between them just by looking through their websites. They basically all look the same.

Does anyone know what the essay questions are about? Did anyone go to the interview yet? As I heard, one of them is ethical question

Does anyone know what the essay questions are about? Did anyone go to the interview yet? As I heard, one of them is ethical question
Hi, I got the interview on 09/30 too. I'm OOS, may stay at hotel on thursday night. Will yours start at 9:30 or 11:30?

I
Hi, I got the interview on 09/30 too. I'm OOS, may stay at hotel on thursday night. Will yours start at 9:30 or 11:30?
I haven't completed my supplemental app yet. Will do it tmr. I'll let you know by then. :D

Good luck to those interviewing on the 30th. Let me know if you have any questions about the interviews or the school.

Thank You for your help. Besides the interview, will we have any hands-on experiences?

Yes, you will get to cut a Class I prep on tooth number 19 in the DentSim lab and you will get to shadow an upperclassmen treating a patient in the clinic.

Do you guys think it is too late to apply to this school? I submitted my AADSAS in July so all my stuff is complete and already sent in so I only would have to just designate this school and pay the fees, but I think it might be too late. I didn't think I was going to apply to this school but I'm thinking otherwise now but don't want to spend the money if applying so late wouldn't give me a chance anyways

haha that prep is gonna be garbage. gonna be so nervous that its gonna look like poop no matter how hard i try ! see y'all there though!

Reactions: 1 users
Hope the interview went well for you guys. Did they happen to mention any stats for acceptances? Such as how many offers/seats filled December 1st, any more pre-December interviews, etc.?

Just wanted to report my prep was actually pretty decent! Haha! Interview was great and nothing to be nervous about!

Just wanted to report my prep was actually pretty decent! Haha! Interview was great and nothing to be nervous about!

A couple of my buddies were staffing the prep stations today. Heard some of you guys had good preps! Good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.