Official Western University School of Dental Medicine

Acceptance via phone call

Members don't see this ad.

Yup, got the call around 10:30 PST

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Phone call and voice mail at 11 am Pacific today! Go c/o 2018!

accepted yesterday at 10 am central time (8 am cali time, they were up quite early) and i'm at the end of the alphabet so don't worry for those still waiting. i was 2nd batch and interviewed on oct. 5th...hope this helps someone! can't wait to meet the class of 2018!

Has anyone from Nov. 11th interview date been accepted yet?

Did any of you get rejection emails? Or is it just the silence treatment and phone calls for accepted people?

has anyone received rejection letters/emails yet? What was the timestamp and did your aadsas status change?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of us who have received acceptance phone calls, do we just wait until we receive our acceptance packages in the mail? Nothing else to do right?

For those that didn't receive any phone calls by now, can we assume that we are either waitlisted or rejected?

For those that didn't receive any phone calls by now, can we assume that we are either waitlisted or rejected?
previous poster said he got his snail mail package (he got accepted)

they should be able to send out rejection letters at the same time but thats not the case, I have not gotten anything in my permanent or current address. Been checking like MAD

i called and asked! they only sent out the first round of acceptances this past Monday. If you were not in this first round of acceptances, a decision has not yet been made on your application.

i called and asked! they only sent out the first round of acceptances this past Monday. If you were not in this first round of acceptances, a decision has not yet been made on your application.

Not true. I called Alice (R-Z) and she said that the next round of acceptances will be given out in January

As well as your formal snail mail rejection mail and email.

The waitlist is established sent out and notified to people in March 2014.

Not true. I called Alice (R-Z) and she said that the next round of acceptances will be given out in January

As well as your formal snail mail rejection mail and email.

The waitlist is established sent out and notified to people in March 2014.

umm okay. thats what Yesly told me. thanks for the update!

umm okay. thats what Yesly told me. thanks for the update!
sorry didnt mean to sound so harsh

basically, yes for many are still under review
but their rejection list is pretty much there as well

Reactions: 1 user
sorry didnt mean to sound so harsh

basically, yes for many are still under review
but their rejection list is pretty much there as well

thanks for the reply both of you! Just one more question, do you know why many of these are still under review?

are they waiting for an update(such as grades, work, etc) on what you've been doing the past few months?

or they simply have not been able to make a decision? haha

don't know what i'm supposed to be doing right now in this situation..

the wait is seriously killing me!

thanks for the reply both of you! Just one more question, do you know why many of these are still under review?

are they waiting for an update(such as grades, work, etc) on what you've been doing the past few months?

or they simply have not been able to make a decision? haha

don't know what i'm supposed to be doing right now in this situation..

the wait is seriously killing me!

I dont think they will answer cause these questions are really specific
I think it depends on the candidate since they still have interviews going on, maybe your file wasn't extremely compelling and they are waiting to compare you with their Jan interviews?
Or maybe your grades need to come in, the list continues on and on and on...

I really don't think a person will give me the exact number of applicants they plan to reject vs. actively review
just hope you don't get on their reject list come January? Cause thats when notifications are sent out

But all of us could already be on there who knows

I am declining my acceptance! One more seat for those who are waiting

Good luck everybody, and thank you Western University!

For those who were accepted on Monday, has anyone received the acceptance packet in the mail, besides Brosenba?

Has anyone created a Facebook group for those of us who are attending?

Does anyone know if there is any hope for someone who has not heard anything from Western yet? Are they still giving out interviews? My application was received by them in October.

Rejection email today. T__T. I was waitlisted last year, but straight rejection this year. This is so depressing....

Denied yesterday, no interview.

I got rejected yesterday from western via email without an interview. They said I could improve my application by doing a post-bac...

But I have a 4.0...

Reactions: 1 users
have they sent out rejections to people who interviewed yet?

I got rejected yesterday from western via email without an interview. They said I could improve my application by doing a post-bac...

But I have a 4.0...

I find their selection process to be kind of weird. Well, I guess that's what you might expect from a school that interviews close to 500 to fill 67 seats...

Reactions: 2 users
Declined my acceptance today. Good luck to someone who needs that spot

For those who were accepted, can you offer me some advice on the interview? Is the interview open-file or close-file??

Out of pure curiosity, did anyone else feel like the dean was upset during the Q&A session?

Last edited:
The interview was closed file.

I found the dean to be very easy to get along with. He was in a good mood on the day that I interviewed. The Q&A session was very relaxed and he also stopped to talk to a bunch of us while we were waiting to be called for interviews.

Everyone I met with and interacted with was super nice and happy to be there.

But I have a 4.0...
Wow. I don't get how they select applicants.

maybe the post bacc response is just something standard they tell to everyone :/