Official Western University School of Dental Medicine

Yes I did, a couple of weeks ago. I talked to Annica earlier today and was told that we will know our decision by early next week. Good luck!

Did she happen to tell you if you didn't get a phone call yet, you are most likely to be waitlisted?
Or if they haven't called everyone who got accepted yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do they call on weekends or do we have to wait until Tuesday?

Just received snail mail to be on the alternate list. I interviewed on Feb. 8th.

Members don't see this ad :)
So did everyone who got the dean email get the snail mail alternate list decision?
Yes, I got that email from the dean and just received a letter that I'v been put on the alternate list. I interviewed back in October.

Hmm, I interviewed back in November, got the deans email, and still haven't received anything..wonder what that means.. :/

I still think they are gonna call more applicants next week as well as send out alternate list...

I live near Seattle, WA
I got the email and haven't received a letter yet either. But I am in GA, so I thought maybe the mail did not make it yet due to the weather. But maybe we will get a phone call!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received the wait list letter (snail mail) today. I will be withdrawing my app and not accepting the waiting list position.

Just got snail mail to be on the alternate list. I interviewed in October and got the email from the dean.

What is everyone's thoughts about interviewing Feb 8th and not hearing back yet? Will they send us an email next week if we are rejected or do you think we still have a chance of being accepted? Has anyone who interviewed feb 8th been rejected by email yet? I wish today wasn't a holiday. It seems like all acceptances have went out already to CA residents but not oos.

What is everyone's thoughts about interviewing Feb 8th and not hearing back yet? Will they send us an email next week if we are rejected or do you think we still have a chance of being accepted? Has anyone who interviewed feb 8th been rejected by email yet? I wish today wasn't a holiday. It seems like all acceptances have went out already to CA residents but not oos.
There is still plenty of time! Dont freak out yet, a lot of hinges could happen (people withdrawing acceptances etc). However I am not too sure as to when feb 8 interviewees that haven't heard anything yet will hear something. Good luck!

I interviewed Feb. 8th and received a wait-list invitation in the mail on Saturday (went to the mailbox and got it today). While I'm happy I wasn't flat out rejected I was a little sad that I wasn't accepted. Hopefully, this list moves and moves quickly.

Does anyone know how many spots the list moved last year? If don't know exactly, how about an estimate?

ote="cays33, post: 14914073, member: 464736"]I interviewed Feb. 8th and received a wait-list invitation in the mail on Saturday (went to the mailbox and got it today). While I'm happy I wasn't flat out rejected I was a little sad that I wasn't accepted. Hopefully, this list moves and moves quickly.

Does anyone know how many spots the list moved last year? If don't know exactly, how about an estimate

I'm sorry to hear you were not accepted. It sounds like the wait list moves quickly so do not lose hope! Were you OOS or in state?? Don't feel bad because I have not heard anything and I am really worried.
Im

ote="cays33, post: 14914073, member: 464736"]I interviewed Feb. 8th and received a wait-list invitation in the mail on Saturday (went to the mailbox and got it today). While I'm happy I wasn't flat out rejected I was a little sad that I wasn't accepted. Hopefully, this list moves and moves quickly.

Does anyone know how many spots the list moved last year? If don't know exactly, how about an estimate

I'm sorry to hear you were not accepted. It sounds like the wait list moves quickly so do not lose hope! Were you OOS or in state?? Don't feel bad because I have not heard anything and I am really worried.
Im

Thanks. I'm from AZ and the letter I received was postmarked February 13th.

Received snail mail alternate letter today. Was postmarked Feb. 13. Wonder how many people they put on the wait list..

Me too, is there anyway to know your ranking?
I read on last years forum that they don't rank. I remember reading something about when they get to the point to where more acceptances need to be sent out they meet as a committee and go over all the apps again of everyone on the alternate list. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think I remember reading this from someone who called the admissions department and asked how the waiting list worked (I couldn't sleep this morning and was playing around on SDN and read all of last years forum in an attempt to fall asleep!).

interviewed on 8th. living in So Cal, yet no mail today nor email.

I read on last years forum that they don't rank. I remember reading something about when they get to the point to where more acceptances need to be sent out they meet as a committee and go over all the apps again of everyone on the alternate list. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think I remember reading this from someone who called the admissions department and asked how the waiting list worked (I couldn't sleep this morning and was playing around on SDN and read all of last years forum in an attempt to fall asleep!).
I also read through last year's thread and that seems to be how they are going about picking people off the alternate list... I'm thinking we'll hear back in about a month about the list since they'll have to wait to see who is going to commit or not. I just hope it's before I have to pay for my second deposit!

interviewed on 8th. living in So Cal, yet no mail today nor email.

Same here, literally live right next to the school. Kind of getting nervous that I haven't heard a thing from them yet...

interviewed way back in September/October...have not heard a thing regarding my status. but I have received over 5 e-mails regarding "preview days" haha

Reactions: 1 users
Just got snail mail saying I'm in the alternate list haha
It was postmarked February 12th. OOS
Interviewed in November

Just got snail mail saying I'm in the alternate list haha
It was postmarked February 12th. OOS
Interviewed in November
So how many people have gotten the alternate list and will be accepting it?

That's correct. I interviewed on Feb 8th and remember one of the admission coordinators mentioning something like this. that once an spot is open, all applicants who are on waiting list will be reviewed again to choose who will get the spot.

I'm from Canada and interviewed on Feb 8th. I also haven't received neither email or mail! this waiting is killing me :(

I also interviewed Feb 8th and haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know if there are still seats available or do you think not hearing anything means rejection? I am worried at this point.

Has anyone OOS received anymore acceptances??

want to decline alternate list offer, but can't be bothered to get a stamp and send mail.

what do?

has anyone from the Feb 8th group gotten rejected?

I received a rejection email today. I interviewed Feb, 8th, maybe because I'm from Texas?? :/

I received a rejection email today. I interviewed Feb, 8th, maybe because I'm from Texas?? :/
Seriously I have no idea what they are basing their decisions on. I interviewed on Feb 8th and got the rejection email yesterday as well.

Seriously I have no idea what they are basing their decisions on. I interviewed on Feb 8th and got the rejection email yesterday as well.

I agree. I interviewed in early October and received the same fateful email yesterday. Pretty disheartening.

I don't think it has anything to do with beeing OOS since they are a private school. Too many factors go into their decision, and like roziii said, its hard to pin down what they are basing their decision on.

For those who have been accepted from the Feb 8th interview group, how long are they giving you to put down a deposit?

For those who have been accepted from the Feb 8th interview group, how long are they giving you to put down a deposit?
It all depends on when you were accepted. I was accepted on the 12th, and you get 15 days, so I have until Feb 27th to make the $1,000 deposit