Official Western University School of Dental Medicine

It all depends on when you were accepted. I was accepted on the 12th, and you get 15 days, so I have until Feb 27th to make the $1,000 deposit
Thanks. I was just wondering how many days they're giving you to make up your mind. 15 days sounds about right since it's coming down to the wire.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if Western is done with interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to assume it'll be sometime next week?

Why do you think so?
Since the deposits were due on Feb 28th, I'm going to assume that most waited until the last minute to send the deposits in. This will take about a week for western to receive those
deposits and they'll have a better idea of who will most likely be attending their school. So since it's been a week, I'm gonna assume that we'll hear something this upcoming week. This just my thought process.

Since the deposits were due on Feb 28th, I'm going to assume that most waited until the last minute to send the deposits in. This will take about a week for western to receive those
deposits and they'll have a better idea of who will most likely be attending their school. So since it's been a week, I'm gonna assume that we'll hear something this upcoming week. This just my thought process.
Thanks~ I really do hope that good news comes soon.

I emailed Western earlier this week asking about the wait list and when they would be sending another round of acceptances, but they just said that they would start accepting people off the wait list pretty much starting now until August.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get an email about 2014-2015 Tuition and Fee Notification (CDM)? I thought it was strange that I'm receiving this since I'm still on the waitlisted...

Did anyone else get an email about 2014-2015 Tuition and Fee Notification (CDM)? I thought it was strange that I'm receiving this since I'm still on the waitlisted...
Yes, I just received it too. Thought the same! For a sec I thought it was an acceptance email. hehe

I got it too haha
they are teasing us :p

I just got accepted to ASDOH today. I already made the deposit at Western and was mentally prepared and planned to attend, however ASDOH has been my top choice even before going into the application cycle, therefore I am pretty sure I will be withdrawing from Western soon. Such a tough decision! Hopefully one of you gets the acceptance call off the waitlist if I do.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got accepted to ASDOH today. I already made the deposit at Western and was mentally prepared and planned to attend, however ASDOH has been my top choice even before going into the application cycle, therefore I am pretty sure I will be withdrawing from Western soon. Such a tough decision! Hopefully one of you gets the acceptance call off the waitlist if I do.
Good luck and thanks for letting us know!

Just received an email from western about confirming alternate status... Some possible news after April 15th.

Just received an email from western about confirming alternate status... Some possible news after April 15th.

Yeah same here..
Yay more waiting.. haha

I really hope spots open up. This is probably my last chance for this cycle as I'm sure for some other people too. :/

Just withdrew my acceptance from Western U. Good luck guys! Hopefully one of you gets the call soon

Reactions: 2 users
I was on the waitlist, but today I recieved a phone call offering me a spot in the upcoming class! I am beyond excited and I can honestly say I had given up all hope. Hang in there everyone waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
I was on the waitlist, but today I recieved a phone call offering me a spot in the upcoming class! I am beyond excited and I can honestly say I had given up all hope. Hang in there everyone waiting!
wow that's great news! congrats! :)

I want to get off the wait list too! did they say how many more spots are left??

I was also on the waitlist and got the call 4/16
my portal changed
and I just got the email today!

I was unable to ask how many spots were open:( sorry guys. I received the email today as well! I also joined the fb group. :) good luck everyone!

i counted 66 people on the e-mail that was sent to us a few weeks back if that helps.

also who needs a roommate?! :D

Such a tough decision
I barely sent in my 2nd deposit and then I got the offer to Western within the same day I submitted that $1000
The school/faculty/students were amazing, but what I loved most were the facilities, they were so clean and new!
I'm declining my offer and hope some lucky SDNer gets it as you will love it here. :)

Such a tough decision
I barely sent in my 2nd deposit and then I got the offer to Western within the same day I submitted that $1000
The school/faculty/students were amazing, but what I loved most were the facilities, they were so clean and new!
I'm declining my offer and hope some lucky SDNer gets it as you will love it here. :)
where did you decide?

anyone else hear any new updates about the alternate list? Are people still being accepted off the list? or is it safe to say we won't be getting admission?

anyone else hear any new updates about the alternate list? Are people still being accepted off the list? or is it safe to say we won't be getting admission?
Yes, I received a call yesterday. I thought it was never going to happen but it did. Don't lose hope!! :)

Yes, I received a call yesterday. I thought it was never going to happen but it did. Don't lose hope!! :)
Thats awesome! glad to hear that! you wouldn't happen to know how many people are on the waiting list, would you? idk if they disclosed that info with you on the phone

Thats awesome! glad to hear that! you wouldn't happen to know how many people are on the waiting list, would you? idk if they disclosed that info with you on the phone
Thank you. :) Not sure. I hope you'll receive the phone call very soon.

Just got accepted off the waitlist by phone! Good luck everyone still waiting and hopefully this gives hope that the waitlist is still moving.

i'm giving up my seat soon, i just got an offer at a different school and im pretty sure i'm taking it. i'll let you guys know asap