Ohio c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i know people are still getting acceptances via email this week, so would it be safe to assume rejection if we don't get email notices by early next week? if they already made the decision to reject me.. i would like to know so i can whole-heartedly prepare for my other interviews!! this is slowly killing me!

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to OSU. They are notifying soooooooooooooooo slowly this year! They were supposed to be having a meeting today to make more decisions and then some say they are going to snail mail the acceptances to those, so it could be a little bit longer of a wait.

I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to OSU. They are notifying soooooooooooooooo slowly this year! They were supposed to be having a meeting today to make more decisions and then some say they are going to snail mail the acceptances to those, so it could be a little bit longer of a wait.

I don't understand why they can't just eeeeeee-mail us like they did the last batch! I thought the meeting was tomorrow, as well...meaning we probably won't know anything until next week at LEAST. :( *grumble grumble*

Although, I think your wait still takes the cake, Squirrels! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I know, you can't start complaining until it's been at least 65 days! I feel your pain though, the wait is torture! I did mean tomorrow. I have tomorrow off (going to Columbus to look at apartments :D) so I've been in Friday mode.

Hoping you get good news and soon Nordicat, no one needs to be breaking my record!

I think overall OSU is just really backed up this year. I got a call shortly after my interview and they said I would get in acceptance packet in the mail in 7 days, that was almost a month ago. I am sure OSU is doing their best so I am not complaining.

I bet they just send out all the acceptance packets at the same time and that's why they're gonna just mail acceptances to the last batch of acceptances. I don't think it would kill them to send an email though.

Well I called them and they said that they had not sent the notice to the graduate school (who then sends the letter) until a few weeks after I got the call. Not a big deal, I thought that the letter might have gotten lost in the mail. I dont know why I am anxious about recieving it, I did get the acceptance email.

The anticipation is killing me. Does anyone have any idea how many more acceptances are left to be filled? Is it just a few stragglers left or is the majority still waiting to hear?

This is totally just a guess, but I'm gonna say the class is about 50% filled. There are still a ton of people on here waiting and we don't have near the number of acceptances on here as posted last year yet, so I'm gonna say they still have quite a few to notify, at least 25% of the acceptances still need to go out at the low end I'd think.

I called OSU yesterday and they said that they're still making decisions and would send out letters/emails next week. They said they would be having a meeting either yesterday or today to finalize decisions. I'm still waiting to hear back.

I called OSU yesterday and they said that they're still making decisions and would send out letters/emails next week. They said they would be having a meeting either yesterday or today to finalize decisions. I'm still waiting to hear back.

It's been "sometime next week" for several weeks now... jeeeerks. :annoyed:

Ok, so I let my anxiety win and I called a little bit ago and talked to Shayna in Admissions. The admissions meeting is this afternoon and they will be sending out notifications next week (which is what we already knew).

I was able to find out that even though they have already sent out some acceptances, she said that there are ~50 or so more to award.

And I did ask about the waitlist, of which she said there will be ONE waitlist made up of both IS and OOS.

So now I will spend my long weekend with my anxiety-filled self eating cookies/brownies/gelato. :scared:

No need to wait that long, SDN friends :) I just recieved an acceptance E-mail in my inbox about two minutes ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Omg i got in!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

Congrats everyone!!! Keep the acceptances coming! :D:soexcited:

Nothing yet :(

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten accepted, though! :)

NordiCat, you're not alone.... nothing yet for me either

Congrats everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats everyone who got in, and hang tight those of you who are still waiting! :xf:

NordiCat, you're not alone.... nothing yet for me either

Congrats everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Officially, I think OSU is trying to give me a heart attack or stroke. :xf: for the next hour, as I'm assuming they go home at 5pm EST on Fridays.

Officially, I think OSU is trying to give me a heart attack or stroke. :xf: for the next hour, as I'm assuming they go home at 5pm EST on Fridays.

Gah, I'm really really hoping they send out the rest of the decisions before they leave today!!!!! This wait is killing me too!!!

:xf:

thanks, i got the email around 12:30 pm pacific time :) best wishes to everyone!

I got the email!!! I'm so happy, I'm going to be a Buckeye! My boyfriend and I literally jumped around our apartment screaming like little girls. Good luck to everybody!!!

I got the email!!! I'm so happy, I'm going to be a Buckeye! My boyfriend and I literally jumped around our apartment screaming like little girls. Good luck to everybody!!!
when did YOU get it?? I'm trying to figure out if they're done for the day or not. :laugh:

3:17pm Eastern Time, I've been away from the house most of the day. I don't think they're done sending out acceptances for this cycle though!

I don't think they're done sending out acceptances for this cycle though!

Why's that? I'm worried that they ARE done and the snail mail next week will be acceptance packets for everyone who got e-mails and rejections for the rest of us. :(

Also, has anyone's BuckeyeLink status changed? Mine's still "In Review"...better than "In the Loo", I suppose. :p

This is a really big class and only a handful of us have been informed today. Plus they've been sending out acceptances over months, and even the acceptances today came at different times (so not like they were sending out mass emails.) Keep your chin up!! =)

I just checked and my Buckeye link also still says "In Review."

I will be rejected (never interviewed) and that ALSO says in review. Don't trust it :)

OMG, so many got good news today. Super exciting :soexcited:.

I am down in Columbus right now :love: looking at apartments. So far considering a tiny little apartment no one has ever heard of 11 minutes North of campus called Moon Glow and Heritage which I really liked, but the price :eek:.

Nordicat hoping you get some good news soon :xf:. Don't give up!

And OH bunny girl, so excited for you, that is great news! Glad they finally discovered how awesome you are!

And NStarz WAHOO! Where is Ohio on your list of schools? I think you should totally come to Ohio, we are gonna be the awesomest class ever.

Congrats to everyone else too! Can't wait to meet everyone in the fall.

OMG, so many got good news today. Super exciting :soexcited:.

I am down in Columbus right now :love: looking at apartments. So far considering a tiny little apartment no one has ever heard of 11 minutes North of campus called Moon Glow and Heritage which I really liked, but the price :eek:.

Nordicat hoping you get some good news soon :xf:. Don't give up!

And OH bunny girl, so excited for you, that is great news! Glad they finally discovered how awesome you are!

And NStarz WAHOO! Where is Ohio on your list of schools? I think you should totally come to Ohio, we are gonna be the awesomest class ever.

Congrats to everyone else too! Can't wait to meet everyone in the fall.

Ohio is very high on my list squirrels! Especially after I interviewed--I was very impressed with the facilities, the students/faculty, and the opportunities available for me (I have major interests in shelter med and behavior, and there are opportunities available in both :D). I'm not sure how high yet, because I am still planning on going on a few other interviews (Tufts for sure, maybe others). Also still waiting on a couple of interviews for schools that ranked high up on my "dream list" (UPenn and Florida). We shall see! I am definitely so thrilled to have been accepted to OSU, though, and I may very well be joining your class in the fall!

And OH bunny girl, so excited for you, that is great news! Glad they finally discovered how awesome you are! .

Thanks! I am STILL in shock! I'm so used to rejection letters I don't know what to do with myself! And to think that yesterday I was working on my Ross app.

Congrats to everyone else! And :xf:for you NordiCat!

Can someone from OSU clarify about 'electives?' Everything on the website seems to pertain to 4th year, clinical electives. Are there course electives you can take during your first 3 years as a student? I know as a first year, you can only sign up for the one course, but what about the other 2? Is there a list of these somewhere? Thanks :)

Can someone from OSU clarify about 'electives?' Everything on the website seems to pertain to 4th year, clinical electives. Are there course electives you can take during your first 3 years as a student? I know as a first year, you can only sign up for the one course, but what about the other 2? Is there a list of these somewhere? Thanks :)

If you go to vet.osu.edu and then go up to the top right and click where it says "MyCVM," you can log in there with your name.# that you were assigned. Then click "Students" at the top, then "Scheduling Info and Changes" on the left, then "Elective Schedules" and you can see the various schedules for electives. Keep in mind though that these schedules, and even the classes offered, will be going through some changes as we transition to semesters.

Thanks soooo much EG :)

Last edited:
Don't worry Nordicat, I didn't get anything either..

Last edited:
Hi tOSU! Question for Ohio residents- are there any good resorts/cabins on the north east OH/PA border?

Hi tOSU! Question for Ohio residents- are there any good resorts/cabins on the north east OH/PA border?

What sort of resort are you looking for? Skiing? I've been to 7 springs which is not too far outside of Pittsburgh. It's about a 7 hour drive from east lansing.

Side note, have you accepted your spot at MSU? If so, we may be future classmates. MSU is my top choice from my acceptances right now.

What sort of resort are you looking for? Skiing? I've been to 7 springs which is not too far outside of Pittsburgh. It's about a 7 hour drive from east lansing.

Side note, have you accepted your spot at MSU? If so, we may be future classmates. MSU is my top choice from my acceptances right now.

Anything, really. My boyfriend lives at home, in VA, and the OH/PA border is our halfway meeting point. And yes, I have accepted my spot at MSU. Congrats on your acceptance! If you have any questions about MSU, you can post in the MSU 2016 thread or PM me. I hope to see you next year!:)

Ugh, I think at this point, hoping to be waitlisted is the most I can hope for. Bleargh! :mad:

Ugh, I think at this point, hoping to be waitlisted is the most I can hope for. Bleargh! :mad:

Don't say it- we don't know anything until we know something! :shifty:

But seriously, this is really the pits.

So I decided I couldn't wait any longer and called the office today. Sandra said they have been having computer problems, but was able to look me up online and informed me I have been waitlisted. She also said I should be getting an email tomorrow, so Velaineil and Nordicat you may also get this email tomorrow. I'm not sure how informative the email will be (for example, will we find out what number we are on the list??)...

I suppose I should be happy to hear SOME news, but being an impatient person, this is really hard for me. Keep crossing your fingers all who have not heard, and good luck to everyone!

So I decided I couldn't wait any longer and called the office today. Sandra said they have been having computer problems, but was able to look me up online and informed me I have been waitlisted. She also said I should be getting an email tomorrow, so Velaineil and Nordicat you may also get this email tomorrow. I'm not sure how informative the email will be (for example, will we find out what number we are on the list??)...

I suppose I should be happy to hear SOME news, but being an impatient person, this is really hard for me. Keep crossing your fingers all who have not heard, and good luck to everyone!

Ugg...