About the ads

Ohio c/o 2016 Applicants

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by NStarz, Jun 25, 2011.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Scrantonvet

Scrantonvet

Pre-Veterinary

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    hey guys...how do you know what your buckeye link is? people keep mentioning it but i don't know how to get to it or if it was sent in an email or something. Thanks!
  2. squirrelsrule

squirrelsrule Ohio State CVM c/o 2016!

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yes, hang tight, hopefully you won't break my 53 day wait from interview to acceptance! Hopefully my wait gives you hope, though. A long wait does not mean a rejection, so hang tight, OSU doesn't seem to be in any hurry this year.
  3. nordicat

nordicat Mizzou c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    I had to call the IT department at OSU to get my login name.number and an activation code, as I never got mine either! I think the IT dept. phone number is posted somewhere up in this thread.
  4. Scrantonvet

Scrantonvet

Pre-Veterinary

thank you!!!
  5. squirrelsrule

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

You should have gotten log in info. when you got the email that your VMCAS and supplemental were complete. The buckeye link can be found on the main OSU page. It's a link at the top of the page called buckeye link. Once you click that you have to click the future students tab and then click application status.
  6. Scrantonvet

Scrantonvet

Pre-Veterinary
    I figured it out and found the email. It was pretty far back. Thanks very much!!
  7. oxyjen

oxyjen UPenn c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    Me too, especially since I started off 2012 with a rejection... :scared:
  8. nordicat

nordicat Mizzou c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Ick! :barf:Not a good way to start the year!
    I may be looking at TWO rejections tomorrow, if both Cornell and OSU send them out (and I indeed get rejected at OSU). Yuck!!
  9. Velaineil

Velaineil

Pre-Veterinary
    Don't think that way- more OSU'ers would have been accepted if they were done sending them out. Compared to last year's list of acceptances, this years is waaay smaller, so I'm guessing they aren't done yet.
    I'm sticking with that!
  10. nordicat

nordicat Mizzou c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    I like your idea better than mine. We'll go with that. :)
  11. marino0213

marino0213

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I heard from a member of the adcom, that they are having a meeting next week and the majority of acceptances will be sent out then. So keep your heads up everyone!! There should be good news soon!!
  12. Velaineil

Velaineil

Pre-Veterinary
    :thumbup: LOVE IT- YAY!!! :D
    (Although, next week is so far away...)
  13. nordicat

nordicat Mizzou c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    I love you. :love:
  14. EllieGirl89

EllieGirl89 Ohio State CVM c/o 2015!

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hang in there guys =) I told them today that ya'll are losing your marbles so they know you're anxious! Some acceptances were sent out today but as marino said, they're not done. You're all doing awesome waiting-keep supporting each other :D
  15. nordicat

nordicat Mizzou c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Annnnnd I love YOU, too. :D :love: SO relieved!
  16. Velaineil

Velaineil

Pre-Veterinary
  17. screechie

screechie Michigan St CVM c/o 2016

Pre-Veterinary
    I feel your pain nordicat, I'm waiting to hear from Cornell and osu as well.. so know I share your anxiety. Hope you hear some good news!! :)
  18. nordicat

nordicat Mizzou c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    You too, Screechie!! Thank you :) :luck:
  19. squirrelsrule

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Don't give up hope guys. Let me remind you what happened to me with OSU. You want to talk about a major freak out moment... I interviewed November 12th and within a week the other 4 people that went to the early interview from here ALL got accepted (actually within 4 days) and I didn't hear anything. I was freaked out that maybe they accepted everyone from that interview day that they were planning to (I mean EVERYONE from here that went that day got accepted right away except me) and I was gonna get rejected. Then they made me wait sooooooooooooooo long to find out. They accepted me, though, and I am going to OSU! So, don't give up hope just because it feels like "everyone else" has already heard. That isn't the case. I'm hoping for good news for you guys. Next week will come soon enough, it might not seem like you'll survive the wait, but you'll get through.
  20. oxyjen

oxyjen UPenn c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    Yeah I'm waiting on my Cornell rejection as well. Although I knew that school was a reach, it stings just as bad. It's amazing how defeated one can feel through this whole thing. I know that all my sacrifices were worth it, but I can't help but feel like I am just in line to be rejected as well... :(

(it also doesn't help that I actually found the courage to ask this guy out and he rejected me hahaha)
  21. OH Bunny Girl

OH Bunny Girl Ohio State 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Thanks all, I feel better now :)

And Congrats again to everyone!
  22. nordicat

nordicat Mizzou c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    As I had expected, I got my rejection from Cornell this morning. Meh! It actually doesn't hurt too much. :)

Knowing there's still plenty of hope for The OSU makes it very easy to bear. I told a co-worker yesterday, "I'd rather have a rejection from Cornell than Ohio." Maybe that's crazy (especially to Bismarck's family! :laugh: ), but I truly loved Columbus and the campus when I visited.

Hang in there, everyone! :)
  23. Velaineil

Velaineil

Pre-Veterinary
    Sorry to hear about Cornell, NordiCat. I was rootin' for ya'...
  24. nordicat

nordicat Mizzou c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Eh...one of my cats is "illegal" in New York, anyway. :p Like I said, I prefer OSU! I think my hubby would have loved the skiing in upstate NY, but hey...this way he'll have more incentive to either go back to school or get a job. :laugh: Thanks for the good wishes, Velaineil!!
  25. squirrelsrule

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I was rooting for you too Nordicat, what a bummer, but hoping you get in at OSU and we can be classmates, that would be awesome! OSU is better on the wallet than Cornell too :thumbup:. You can get IS tuition after the first year, can't do that at Cornell.
  26. Bismarck

Bismarck Cornell c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    Army SDN 2+ Year Member
    Actually, I think the cost of living isn't too much lower at OSU versus Cornell given that you pay $20,000 more OOS at OSU the first year compared to Cornell, break roughly even by year two, and come out maybe up $30,000 or so after 4 years by my rough math. Also depends on the amount of gify aid each school doles out too :)
  27. squirrelsrule

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yes, you save about $27,000, I call that decent savings :thumbup:. Plus they mentioned a $10,000 scholarship that many OOSers get to help lower costs that first year and I think cost of living is much lower in Ohio than New York.
  28. Velaineil

Velaineil

Pre-Veterinary
    One of my good friends has lived in Cbus for the last few years, and whenever I go to visit her I'm floored by how expensive food is. What I'd pay for dinner there is about twice what I'd pay two hours away...
    I don't know anything about New York, but Cbus is not for cheap-o's.
  29. Doodledith

Doodledith 1st Time Applicant

Pre-Veterinary
    I've lived in Columbus for almost 10 years now and I think, like any city, it's all about knowing where to go. Most places geared towards students or places that students tend to go can be a bit expensive. Once you venture out from campus, there are tons of awesome bars and restaurants that are dirt cheap. It is a popular sports town so you'll have places that overcharge, but that being said there are also more expensive places that are totally worth it. If (fingers crossed) I get in this year, I'd be happy to be any fellow student's tour guide. I love this town and showing off what it has to offer!
  30. jtom

jtom

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Any idea when you find out if you got that $10,000 scholarship?
  31. squirrelsrule

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    No, I'm IS so I didn't ask and I don't think she ever really said. I think it might be part of the scholarship thing you fill out that is on the incoming class page on OSUs website, so whenever you hear what you get from that is my guess.
  32. EllieGirl89

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    The $10,000 scholarship is something that's automatic for all out of state students, as far as I know. Its availability and exact amount is based upon the funds that are available that year, but each in state student is supposed to get $1,000 and each out of state student is supposed to get $10,000. I'm pretty sure it worked out this year.
  33. sunnex3

sunnex3 PennWe c/o 2016!

Veterinary Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    hope you hear something good from OSU in the coming days nordicat :xf:
  34. nordicat

nordicat Mizzou c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    :biglove: Thanks, Sunnex! I really wish the Official Acceptances thread was larger than the Official Rejections thread.
  35. jtom

jtom

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Thats good to know, they did not mention that in the financial aid session during interviews.
  36. Doodledith

Doodledith 1st Time Applicant

Pre-Veterinary
    Howdy ya'll, I'm sure this is just a culmination of what everyone has been saying/hearing, but I just talked to Shayna in the admissions office and she said that the committee has not finalized their acceptance list yet. They have a meeting next week, and those who are accepted will receive an email. She said you should expect to hear something either way in the next week and a half, and if you haven't heard by then, you can call the office back.

It's a bummer that they weren't able to stick closer to the timeline they gave us, but at least they're taking great measures to make sure those who are accepted are a good fit. Crossing my fingers for everyone else who is patiently awaiting an answer. Do your best to keep your spirits up!
  37. EllieGirl89

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I guess I should clarify, when I say "this year" I meant "Class of 2015." I don't know what's going to happen with your class.
  38. nordicat

nordicat Mizzou c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    It was mentioned during our information session, I'm fairly certain. If you look at the PowerPoint presentation for Financial Aid (on the OSU website), I think the $10,000/$1,000 is factored in for OOS/IS tuition.
  39. Bismarck

Bismarck Cornell c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    Army SDN 2+ Year Member
    Having heard good news from both Penn and Cornell, I just called to decline my offer of admission. Hoping someone else in this thread (Nordicat, I'm looking at you) gets the nod.

Good luck all!
  40. nordicat

nordicat Mizzou c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    :( and :claps: and :highfive: ! Congratulations on getting accepted to BOTH schools you wanted, and good luck with the difficult (but enviable!) decision!! Buuuut if I get in at OSU, it would have been great to go to school with you (hence the :( ).

:luck: to you!!!
  41. squirrelsrule

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Nordicat, was hoping you got your acceptance today! Hopefully tomorrow.

That is thoughtful of you to notify early bismark, frees up spots for others. Sad to see you won't be coming to OSU though :(. You know we're gonna be the awesomest class ever :). Glad you got accepted to your two top choices though, way to go :thumbup:
  42. nordicat

nordicat Mizzou c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Indeed, hopefully tomorrow! :xf: for all of us still waiting!

I keep seeing forum n00bs popping up in the OSU "Attending Only" thread (jealous! :p) and then I worry that there won't be any good news, but if two reliable sources say most acceptances will go out this week, then it's gotta be true :) Any day now...
  43. NStarz

NStarz Ohio State c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Just spoke with someone in the admissions office. They are having a meeting on FRIDAY :)() to discuss final decisions for the class. The person I spoke to said they will be mailing out SNAIL MAIL letters next week with decisions. Gah! I can't wait any longer. It's driving me nutssssss!!
  44. bazinga

bazinga

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    my friend at osu said she heard the adcom isn't meeting until friday, the 13th! :(
  45. nordicat

nordicat Mizzou c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    What a day to have a meeting :rolleyes:

Too much waiting! Too much! :scared: I hope we're not like...the sh*tty applicants they're not sure they want...:(
  46. oxyjen

oxyjen UPenn c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    No way. That just makes me :(
  47. OH Bunny Girl

OH Bunny Girl Ohio State 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I thought the same thing! I was born on a Friday the 13th, and I like to think it's a lucky day for me (I have no proof of this). So hopefully we'll all hear good news! Or at least waiting list news?!?
  48. nyanko

nyanko all i do is win Gold Donor

Veterinarian
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Rather be near the top of the "not sure we want" list then the top of the "hell no" list, at least. In is in! ;)
  49. Velaineil

Velaineil

Pre-Veterinary
    We're back to snail mail again!? Augh! :scared:
  50. squirrelsrule

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Awww, sorry to hear that the torture continues for you guys :(. Hope none of you break my 65 day wait record! The waiting is torture, but try and relax (much easier to say after you've heard), your news will come. Hoping it's good news and you forget all about the torture of waiting when you hear like I have. Hang in there!

Admissions seems to be going really slow this year, but I think it's just because we're all so awesome. They are having the meeting to duke it out. They're saying so and so should be accepted, then another admissions person says no we can't accept them because then we'd have to reject so and so and they're awesome too and back and forth :poke: