Ohio Shadowing Form Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Princepanni

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone is applying to ohio?

They asked for describing the procedures observed in the shadowing form. I am just wondering how brief it should be. Should i just list the name of procedures I saw or actually describe them? how?

I want to make sure I am not missing something bc of my "laziness"

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was actually wondering the same thing. How detailed do they want us to be? Should I describe what happens on the microscopic level? Describe how the procedure works? Describe what the dentist did step by step? Now that I think about it, it should probably be done the way I asked the last question right? Man, this is going to take awhile..

Any thoughts?

Anyone is applying to ohio?

They asked for describing the procedures observed in the shadowing form. I am just wondering how brief it should be. Should i just list the name of procedures I saw or actually describe them? how?

I want to make sure I am not missing something bc of my "laziness"

Thanks!

I just listed them. It does say "describe the procedures observed" but it didn't say describe 'in detail' so I took it as to just give a short description like I observed the dentist filling cavities. Plus, the amount of detail you can give really doesn't show that you paid attention well, it could just mean that you know how to google and summarize. I doubt if someone who has not yet been to dental school is expected to accurately describe procedures with all of the correct terminology.

Have you received the supplemental yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just listed them. It does say "describe the procedures observed" but it didn't say describe 'in detail' so I took it as to just give a short description like I observed the dentist filling cavities. Plus, the amount of detail you can give really doesn't show that you paid attention well, it could just mean that you know how to google and summarize. I doubt if someone who has not yet been to dental school is expected to accurately describe procedures with all of the correct terminology.

Have you received the supplemental yet?

No. I just got an email from them to ask me to activate the account.
So do you mean that what i have to put down is " I observed the dentist filling cavities, crown preparation, root canal, extraction, etc " ???:confused:

How long did it take you guys to get your activation code? I filled the info out for the activation code this morning and I still haven't been emailed one, I assume it should an automated email?

Thanks

How long did it take you guys to get your activation code? I filled the info out for the activation code this morning and I still haven't been emailed one, I assume it should an automated email?

Thanks

I got it almost immedially after I did what they asked for step by step

No. I just got an email from them to ask me to activate the account.
So do you mean that what i have to put down is " I observed the dentist filling cavities, crown preparation, root canal, extraction, etc " ???:confused:
Yeah, that's how I handled the question anyway.

I asked today, and was told the question is basically a way of checking to see if you actually shadowed. Don't write too much, or they won't read haha. Just if something stuck out in particular, write that down I guess.