Ohio State 2019 hopefuls!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hadn't thought about that. I've just been asking all my evaluators to to the ETS PPI as well.

Members don't see this ad.

I just hate having to ask for one more thing it's a bit ridiculous...and I think my one evaluator is not pleased.:bag::bag:

Reactions: 1 user
My evaluators haven't said anything, but I do have one that is also moving this summer, so I hate hate haaaaate asking him to add on one more thing to his to-do list, but it's my only professor eval...

Members don't see this ad :)
I just feel bad in general this is our application and they are doing so much haha. I am going to have to buy them all presents for putting up with me!

This is the only school that is making me ask so much of my references.

I had this one, and tufts wanted another letter and since they don't participate in the VMCAS it was all different.

Hey guys I will be a 1st year starting this fall at OSU and I wish you luck in the application process (crazy to think I was applying over a year ago):xf:. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

You can use the same people or different ones..the checklist on OSUs website explains it. I am using the same people just to keep it consistent.

So I'm trying to send my GRE scores to the school, I have the school code but the department code provided by OSU's website isn't coming up in the GRE service...

So I'm trying to send my GRE scores to the school, I have the school code but the department code provided by OSU's website isn't coming up in the GRE service...
I went online to see if I'd get the same problem and I did when I searched by the department code but when you put the word veterinary in the search box for department code the correct code comes up. If you still have problems I would contact OSU by calling 614-292-1171 or emailing [email protected].

I went online to see if I'd get the same problem and I did when I searched by the department code but when you put the word veterinary in the search box for department code the correct code comes up. If you still have problems I would contact OSU by calling 614-292-1171 or emailing [email protected].
I'm fairly certain that the department code is the same for all of the schools: 0617 (Veterinary Medicine). I sent mine right after taking the GRE but the department code for all 4 schools I sent it to was the same.

hey everyone! Quick question- super similar to @haley120892- I submitted my VMCAS and it was verified, and I received the account information from OSU. Once I accessed it and fished around the site and my account, there is really nothing to complete. I'm not sure what else there is to do? :eyebrow:

thanks in advance and good luck to everyone! :D

hey everyone! Quick question- super similar to @haley120892- I submitted my VMCAS and it was verified, and I received the account information from OSU. Once I accessed it and fished around the site and my account, there is really nothing to complete. I'm not sure what else there is to do? :eyebrow:

thanks in advance and good luck to everyone! :D

For last year at least the form took me all of 3 minutes. It was basically filling out my info again and an emergency contact. I imagine it's similar this year and you're golden :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It was really easy I forget how to find the supplemental, but no lie it really does take all of three minutes like @dalmatiandoc17 said.
I am still working on the ETS PPI thing, I just need one more of my references to complete it...and let me say they are making me nervous!

Reactions: 1 users
It was really easy I forget how to find the supplemental, but no lie it really does take all of three minutes like @dalmatiandoc17 said.
I am still working on the ETS PPI thing, I just need one more of my references to complete it...and let me say they are making me nervous!

I'm with you there!!

I'm with you there!!

I know that it says they want them received by October 2nd, but I am wondering if we send them on the second if they will have them. I am trying to avoid that scenario, but still kind of curious.

I know that it says they want them received by October 2nd, but I am wondering if we send them on the second if they will have them. I am trying to avoid that scenario, but still kind of curious.
I don't know the answer to this (my guess if it's electronic and in by the end of the business day then you're good), but feel free to call in and ask. The whole team here was super great and helpful when I was applying (and they still are now that I'm here).
http://www.osu.edu/departments/dept/Veterinary Medicine College

Also Shayna may be checking this thread occasionally like she did last year and may answer.

Does anyone know when I should expect the email from OSU with the supplemental application login info? I submitted my VMCAS application 2 weeks ago - right now I just have 1 of my 4 eLORs outstanding, and I submitted the ETS PPI this weekend. OSU is my IS school so I'm kind of anxious to get everything in!

Has anyone gotten the supplemental yet? What should I be expecting?

I got it a while back, literally had it done in 5 minutes. ..it's real basic

My VMCAS was done and verified by July 2, 2014 ( I was overly prepared), but anyhow I got the email on August 4.

Just so you all know. I heard from Dr. Lord yesterday in our class meeting that because we have finals during the week before Christmas they won't be doing any December interviews this year. The interviews will start in January. I thought I would let anyone applying know so you don't worry.

Reactions: 4 users
Just so you all know. I heard from Dr. Lord yesterday in our class meeting that because we have finals during the week before Christmas they won't be doing any December interviews this year. The interviews will start in January. I thought I would let anyone applying know so you don't worry.
I'm actually okay with that.

I feel crazy, but I am SO EXCITED for c/o 2019 interviews! I'm glad they're not over december so I can be in Columbus :D

I still have not received my OSU supplemental, should I be worried? My VMCAS is still not verified, so I assume that is why I did not get an email yet? Anyone else is this same position?

I don't think you get the supplemental until you're verified

I still have not received my OSU supplemental, should I be worried? My VMCAS is still not verified, so I assume that is why I did not get an email yet? Anyone else is this same position?
I called them yesterday - they say to allow 7 days after you're verified to get the supplemental login info. I got verified on Tuesday and I just got my supplemental login info about 10 minutes ago.

I called them yesterday - they say to allow 7 days after you're verified to get the supplemental login info. I got verified on Tuesday and I just got my supplemental login info about 10 minutes ago.
Thanks for the info! :)

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions about OSU. I'm well into my third year so have a pretty good handle on the goings on. Good luck to everyone applying!

I've been waiting nearly three weeks for my application to be approved. How much longer is it going to take?

Apparently it's been taking a lot longer than last year to get things verified. I wouldn't worry though.

I've been waiting nearly three weeks for my application to be approved. How much longer is it going to take?
Mine took 27 days to verify. Submitted 9/3, verified 9/30. Good luck, the waiting is rough!

My VMCAS got verified yesterday and I got the login info for OSU today. But when I logged in today, I can't access the supplemental application page. It's simply not there. Does anyone else have this problem? What should I do?

My VMCAS got verified yesterday and I got the login info for OSU today. But when I logged in today, I can't access the supplemental application page. It's simply not there. Does anyone else have this problem? What should I do?
Wait 24 hours and try again. Try using another browser. If it still doesn't work, contact OSU.

I had the same thing happen to me with chrome. Used firefox and it worked.

I still have not gotten mine, even though my VMCAS is verified... they told me to keep waiting until Monday and get back in touch...stressful!

Has anybody gotten confirmation that his/her ETS PPI has been recieved? ETS processed and sent mine over a month ago, my GRE scores showed up as recieved on OSU's site, my supplemental app has been submitted for a couple of weeks...but no word from OSU about the PPI... I even emailed the admissions department for the CVM to verify the receipt of my materials but never heard back from them (The only school to not email me back)

Terrified that something is going to be missing from my application and they won't consider me. They are my IS and where I really want to go. I know I shouldn't have waited so long to try contacting them again, just don't want to be needy...don't know if they keep track of that stuff.

Has anybody gotten confirmation that his/her ETS PPI has been recieved? ETS processed and sent mine over a month ago, my GRE scores showed up as recieved on OSU's site, my supplemental app has been submitted for a couple of weeks...but no word from OSU about the PPI... I even emailed the admissions department for the CVM to verify the receipt of my materials but never heard back from them (The only school to not email me back)

Terrified that something is going to be missing from my application and they won't consider me. They are my IS and where I really want to go. I know I shouldn't have waited so long to try contacting them again, just don't want to be needy...don't know if they keep track of that stuff.
How long ago did you email? If >1 week or two, couldn't hurt to follow up with a phone call.

How long ago did you email? If >1 week or two, couldn't hurt to follow up with a phone call.
I think I emailed them on the 30th of September. AHHHHH... so nervous!

If you have confirmation that you sent your ETS PPI before the due date, I really doubt they're going to refuse your application if by some chance they did not receive it. As I understand it, most schools have ETS send the reports electronically, so, as long as you entered the right school number, you should be fine.

I actually called them the other day and asked about the ETS PPI. The girl said that the school uploads them in batches and they really haven't sent much out about them. I was worried about the deadline today and she said not to worry that it is the first year for it and they are going to send some emails out to people letting them know what the school still needs so that everyone can ensure they get everything in!

Attachments

• upload_2014-10-15_11-5-38.png
    upload_2014-10-15_11-5-38.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 43
Ignore that attached file...no idea how i managed to do that but that was for my roommate lol

Has anyone else had trouble logging on the supplemental application even if the page appears? I requested a log in code, used the code I was given with my assigned last name.# user name and got an invalid message. I plan on calling the tomorrow but was just curious if I was the only one who has had this issue.

I actually called them the other day and asked about the ETS PPI. The girl said that the school uploads them in batches and they really haven't sent much out about them. I was worried about the deadline today and she said not to worry that it is the first year for it and they are going to send some emails out to people letting them know what the school still needs so that everyone can ensure they get everything in!
Cool! Thanks! That makes me feel loads better!

I got the email saying my app was complete, woot!

Reactions: 2 users
How long after verification did you guys get the supplemental?