Ohio State 2019 hopefuls!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on interviews everyone! For those who haven't heard...don't worry. I had undergrad classmates that found out before I did.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
anxiety-girl-comic.jpg

Reactions: 10 users
Yes, by rolling interviews I mean that they send them out in groups over a month or two.
I wouldn't call them rolling. They just send out invites over the span of about a week.

ETA: My friend submitted her app after me but got her invite before me, and she has the same letter last name as me so don't stress trying to figure out when you would get an invite (I did that, it was not healthy).

Members don't see this ad :)
So far I've only heard people getting responses from Michigan State, RVC, and Iowa (though I think those responses were all no's..). Somebody else that I talked to said it'd probably be the end of December, right around Christmas. But all word of mouth so who knows for sure.
Someone got rejected from Michigan already? That news hasn't made it to the Michigan thread yet haha. Yes to the fact that the Ohio portal rarely gets updated....I got my rejection email during finals week last December and my portal NEVER updated to reflect that.

I didn't reapply, I was just coming on to tell you guys that someone in admissions posted in the APVMA FB group that invites "are being sent this week." It was kind of awkward/funny. Someone speculated that the school fell behind schedule due to PPI problems. The admissions woman said "Hello, I work in admissions & recruitment at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. We will start sending out interview invitations this week. We are interviewing later than we have in the past, but PPI scores were not a factor. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email admsisions@cvm.osu.edu. Best of luck to you!"

I can't help but laugh....don't try to say things like that about schools when you're not anonymous people

Reactions: 2 users
Someone got rejected from Michigan already? That news hasn't made it to the Michigan thread yet haha. Yes to the fact that the Ohio portal rarely gets updated....I got my rejection email during finals week last December and my portal NEVER updated to reflect that.

I didn't reapply, I was just coming on to tell you guys that someone in admissions posted in the APVMA FB group that invites "are being sent this week." It was kind of awkward/funny. Someone speculated that the school fell behind schedule due to PPI problems. The admissions woman said "Hello, I work in admissions & recruitment at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. We will start sending out interview invitations this week. We are interviewing later than we have in the past, but PPI scores were not a factor. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email admsisions@cvm.osu.edu. Best of luck to you!"

I can't help but laugh....don't try to say things like that about schools when you're not anonymous people

Oops, sorry that was unclear. The rejections I heard about were from Iowa. The response from Michigan I heard about was an invitation to interview for an OOS student.

Reactions: 1 user

So the whole PPI was a waste? Meaning they're not using any of that information now?

So the whole PPI was a waste? Meaning they're not using any of that information now?

I feel like they mean that issues with receiving PPI scores were not the reason they're interviewing later. Not that they don't care about your PPI :p

They are interviewing later because this semester ends later for us. They didn't schedule any interview days in before Christmas because classes end so close to the holidays.

They are interviewing later because this semester ends later for us. They didn't schedule any interview days in before Christmas because classes end so close to the holidays.
Can anyone confirm it was primarily OOS interviews that went out??

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Sorry this is my IS and so far I've heard back from two OOS one I was rejected and one I was wait listed to I just am panicking ha

No problem, and think positive thoughts!

Thanks! Sorry this is my IS and so far I've heard back from two OOS one I was rejected and one I was wait listed to I just am panicking ha

Waitlisted already? Sorry, I'm nosy, to where?

(I totally feel your panic though, I was rejected at OSU last year, bu I have 5 interviews so far this year, so I'm hoping for a shot this time around)

(I totally feel your panic though, I was rejected at OSU last year, bu I have 5 interviews so far this year, so I'm hoping for a shot this time around)
Virginia Maryland!

ugh, I'm in your boat :/ rejected from OSU last year, too..They were really nice on the file review and told me they loved my app, encouraged me to re-apply. Not feeling the love now, though. Haha

I'm interviewing on the 17th! I'm OOS. I hope you IS applicants hear back soon!

If you were rejected from OSU last year don't worry. I was rejected my first time and then accepted on my second time. I have also heard this from quite a few people in my class. There is hope for you.

Virginia Maryland!
Same here! Interviewing with RVC in January. So far have only heard from 2 of the 7 I applied to but only 5 of the 7 interview so waiting on 3...Kansas,OSU and Purdue. NCSU and Wisconsin don't interview right?

If you were rejected from OSU last year don't worry. I was rejected my first time and then accepted on my second time. I have also heard this from quite a few people in my class. There is hope for you.
Can I ask what you did to improve your app? I think where I lack is my chem grades. Just across the board I'm terrible at chem. I'll be honest I have a C or two in chem but am hoping my experience makes up for it!! The problem I'm having is if I don't get in this year I know it's because of my chem grades. I'll have to retake them but most are 1&2 classes so I won't be able to apply next year I'll have to wait two years. Bc I am poor and can't take them over the summer ha.

Can anyone confirm it was primarily OOS interviews that went out??
I'm IS also and I haven't heard anything. Just checked my inbox, my spam box, and buckeyelink and nothing. Hopefully today was only OOS interviews and we both get one!

I'm IS as well and haven't heard anything yet.

I'm IS also and I haven't heard anything. Just checked my inbox, my spam box, and buckeyelink and nothing. Hopefully today was only OOS interviews and we both get one!
Yes hopefully we all do!! And hopefully we find out soon! Although I'm tempted to inactivate my email on my phone for this week bc of finals. If I get a rejection I'll be an emotional reck. Haha I've already warned my professors.

Yes hopefully we all do!! And hopefully we find out soon! Although I'm tempted to inactivate my email on my phone for this week bc of finals. If I get a rejection I'll be an emotional reck. Haha I've already warned my professors.
I have one tomorrow at 10:30am then I'm defending my thesis on Friday. This week isn't going to be pretty... I honestly just got on here tonight because Florida sent out an email with a timetable that gave me a minor heart attack. The major heart attack came when I saw there was a ton of activity on this page. I'm sorry you haven't heard either but I'm honestly a little relieved that none of us IS applicants have heard anything yet. I looked back at last year's page and it looks like the IS applicants all got theirs like 2-3 days into the week of emails. Our interview invites are coming!

It seems like last year they sent out the invites in a span of a week. Then random ones after that. It doesn't seem like it was based on OOS or IS. So I think we will get them randomly. So don't freak out guys! (I shouldn't be talking because I'm freaking out too LOL)

Anywayssssss GOOD LUCK ON FINALS!!!! You guys are going to kick butt!!!!!!!;)

Reactions: 3 users
Did you all receive e-mails or portal updates about interviews?

Did you all receive e-mails or portal updates about interviews?
Email and we were able to select dates and times from links, so the whole thing was without using the portal system.

I got an interview invitation today by email!! This is my IS, so I'm thrilled!

Reactions: 5 users
Can I ask what you did to improve your app? I think where I lack is my chem grades. Just across the board I'm terrible at chem. I'll be honest I have a C or two in chem but am hoping my experience makes up for it!! The problem I'm having is if I don't get in this year I know it's because of my chem grades. I'll have to retake them but most are 1&2 classes so I won't be able to apply next year I'll have to wait two years. Bc I am poor and can't take them over the summer ha.

Sent you a PM. Sorry it's rather long.

Has anyone heard anything? I am so worried..

I haven't heard anything today, but chin up! There's still hope. :)

Haven't heard anything either (OOS)
This is how I'm trying to feel :cool:, but this is how I actually feel:barf:

Reactions: 7 users
Nothing here either and I'm IS. I'm thinking they are gonna wait til Friday. I've received news from two other schools on a Friday haha. It's either going to be a wonderful end to finals week or a terrible end.

Nothing here either and I'm IS. I'm thinking they are gonna wait til Friday. I've received news from two other schools on a Friday haha. It's either going to be a wonderful end to finals week or a terrible end.

My responses have been on weird week days Haha. And 2am on a Tuesday for Midwestern (Uhm, what are you guys doing up so early?? :p)

Glad to see I'm not the only one concerned about not hearing anything today... :nailbiting:

OOS nothing here either....

OOS also haven't heard anything. * Deep sigh *

Glad to know that I am not the only one just waiting it out and worrying... I always have this feeling that the first people to get invites are the best candidates in their minds, and the rest of us just have to wait until they have more free time to email us the rejection....:(

Glad to know that I am not the only one just waiting it out and worrying... I always have this feeling that the first people to get invites are the best candidates in their minds, and the rest of us just have to wait until they have more free time to email us the rejection....:(

made_myself_sad_futurama.gif

They send them out in waves! Don't worry!

Even my daD just scolded me for obsessively checking my email and I've only been home for less than 24 hours.....

" It's the most wonderful time of the year! The pre-vets are nervously awaiting ..."

Reactions: 3 users