Ohio State 2019 hopefuls!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In the past they've waited until after the interviews to send out the bulk of rejections. I do remember some people getting invites after the interview dates started though, so until they've finished their last interview you're kind of on edge, filled with cautious optimism.
I already kind of assumed this...I am not going to dwell on it...let's enjoy the holidays and look forward to our other schools/invites! Merry Christmas all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Got an interview! See any other interviewees for the January 31st date soon! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG! JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW INVITE! Literally like 5 min ago. I really wasnt expecting it....hang in there guys maybe this is our late Christmas gift!:joyful:

Reactions: 9 users
I GOT AN INTERVIEW OMG!!!!!!!!!!! (oos- cali resident) OMG OMG OMG! Was expecting a rejection as I have already had 4!!!!

Reactions: 10 users
Ughh still nothing...Why couldn't they be more organized this is killing me!

Reactions: 1 user
Its weird because my interview times available were 1/6 1/7 or 1/8, and I know others that got invites well before have dates 1/31

That is next week...well pretty much!

Does anyone know if they will tell you of your status if you call?

Reactions: 1 users
Its weird because my interview times available were 1/6 1/7 or 1/8, and I know others that got invites well before have dates 1/31
Maybe they are booked for the 31st?!

I haven't heard anything yet either :(
Same. I just assumed it was a rejection coming. Surely at this point, they are sending invites very few and far between. No worries though, we got this! If not at OSU, then somewhere else!!!! ;)

Sending you guys good vibes, you guys will get one soon! :)
Stay optimistic!

I GOT AN INTERVIEW OMG!!!!!!!!!!! (oos- cali resident) OMG OMG OMG! Was expecting a rejection as I have already had 4!!!!
I'm from Cali as well! What day did you sign up for? I chose 1/8. Maybe we will end up taking the same flight! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I
Sending you guys good vibes, you guys will get one soon! :)
Stay optimistic!

I'm from Cali as well! What day did you sign up for? I chose 1/8. Maybe we will end up taking the same flight! :D
i chose 1/7! I leave Tuesday at 6am LAX

WOOHOO!!!! SO happy for you <3

Checked today...application was pending, then said "decision." Clicking on decision yielded me "Application not approved." See you in 2015, Ohio adcom!

ugh sorry to hear that :( mine is still pending and it's hard to give up on the chances of hearing any good news. I did a file review with them last year and they were awesome about it, though

Checked today...application was pending, then said "decision." Clicking on decision yielded me "Application not approved." See you in 2015, Ohio adcom!
I'm right there with you! I have been rejected as well.

Mine still just says Pending...

So the main question is where the heck does this put me lol?

With hope!!

I'm so sorry to hear this :( hope you still have other applications out there that are going better!
Rejected by two wait listed by one waiting to hear back still on two more. 2014 was not my year apparently hah

My still says pending and in review as well... This seems like an odd system to have it all so unclear at this point!

A lot of times if you are still pending and haven't heard then you may be someone they wanted interview if a space opens up. There is still hope.

Sorry for those that were rejected. If you don't get in somewhere else definitely do the file review because it helps a lot in the next cycle.

Reactions: 3 users
Still pending as well. Though if I'm someone they still want to interview just give me a time already xD

I'm right there with you! I have been rejected as well.
How are you guys checking this? I've only been checking my email but apparently there's another place to check?

Hi! Can any current Ohio vet students offer any advice on places to eat, places to see, and things to do while my dad and I are in the area for a few days for my interview? I figure it's best to ask locals since you guys have the most insight. Thanks!

How are you guys checking this? I've only been checking my email but apparently there's another place to check?
We've been checking the portal on buckeyelink

Hi! Can any current Ohio vet students offer any advice on places to eat, places to see, and things to do while my dad and I are in the area for a few days for my interview? I figure it's best to ask locals since you guys have the most insight. Thanks!
I'm sure the others can offer a lot better suggestions...
but I recommend you hit up Melt Bar & Grilled, they make killer grilled cheese sandwiches and it's on High St so you can explore that a bit!

Oki my app status is pending...hopefully I hear back tomorrow with good news!

Some of my favorite places: NorthStar, Marcella's, Katalina's Cafe, Stauf's coffee, Jeni's Ice Cream. Bars: Pint House, Out R Inn, Brothers. Fav areas to walk around are the Short North and German Village

Also, Buca di Bepo's has really delicious family-style Italian.

Eddie George's Grille on High Street is also kind of a cool place

Eat: Schmidt's in German Village is a famous local restaurant, Katzinger's Deli, The Thurman Cafe, Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill in Grandview, then there are a host of "chain" type restaurants around campus and throughout the rest of Columbus

I also recommend Jeni's or Graeter's.

See: The zoo is open all year round (though obviously not all exhibits are open), COSI downtown is a fun place to visit, there are many small shops along High Street in the Short North, there are large shopping centers like Easton and Polaris, the Franklin Park Conservatory, Columbus Museum of Art, you can also check out the Ohio Expo Center and see if anything is going on that you're interested in (animal shows, crafts, antiques, etc.)

Has anyone found the link to print of a guest parking pass for the dinner? On the website it says the link is below..but I can't find the link below haha, am I really that bad with technology, or am I missing something?

All these posts are making me hungry and now I'm craving all the good things in Columbus!! haha. I second/third...the vote for Graeter's! omg...I have family in Cbus so I've been going to Graeters since before I could walk and I have yet to find a ice cream place that is better lol.

If you're looking for quick lunch, Piada is pretty good!

Has anyone found the link to print of a guest parking pass for the dinner? On the website it says the link is below..but I can't find the link below haha, am I really that bad with technology, or am I missing something?
I couldn't find it either :(
The email says we can get it when we check in as well, so we should be ok! :)

I'm getting very excited for this interview, and super nervous. I've never been to one of these two interviewer, 30 mins type of deal.

Will OSU tell me my status over the phone? I'm wondering if I just never got an e-mail or something, because my portal is still unchanged, even with interview invites and rejections already being sent out and seemingly over.

Will OSU tell me my status over the phone? I'm wondering if I just never got an e-mail or something, because my portal is still unchanged, even with interview invites and rejections already being sent out and seemingly over.
I am in the same boat. It says pending and under review. We had another user say that we may be in a pile of ones that could get interviews barring that many people decline theirs? I would think we are past that point though now. When do they start interviews and how many weekends could it be?

If you do call, and they disclose that information let me know, and I will call them too and try to find out my status. I may just shoot someone an email today.

OK- update.. I emailed and they said they are rolling admissions, and could not tell me more regarding my application at this time. I think we are in some holding pool, which if I had to guess will not get an interview, but we are there as a buffer just in case many are denied post interview or decline the interview all together.

Just FYI @Gwenevre

Thanks Greta!

I'm also still pending. I think this may be more stressful than getting a straight rejection, but at least there's still some hope? I guess?

I'm also still pending. I think this may be more stressful than getting a straight rejection, but at least there's still some hope? I guess?
I agree with you. I would like to know, but I have this feeling it will end up being a "no" in the long run. Mind games! Stay strong! :)

An email they sent out after you submit your application says they send interviews out through January so I don't think they are done yet...

For everyone else still waiting to hear something, this is what Sandra told me when I asked about my status (probably the same thing Greta heard):

"The majority of our interview invites have gone out but because we are on a rolling admissions cycle there could be invites sent out through the end of the month. All decisions will be made by February 15. Thank you."