Ohio State c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@scooterpie17 All classes just have to be completed by the spring semester. And those hours listed would be the hours at the time the application is submitted.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it possible to find affordable housing near campus?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

Depends on your definition of "affordable" and "near", but yes it's possible. I'll be living about 15 minutes away from campus and my rent will be <$500/person for a 2BD/2BA. Our class page has dozens of upperclassmen posting about availability in their places. I've seen rent range from $350-$600+/person and anywhere from a mile to campus to 25 minutes out.

do we know if ohio state does cGPA, last 45 gpa, science gpa... which one they focus on most etc?

I am taking an "intro to interpersonal communications" class, but it is online this summer. Any idea if it counts for their communications/speech component?

Thanks!

I am taking an "intro to interpersonal communications" class, but it is online this summer. Any idea if it counts for their communications/speech component?

Thanks!

Sounds like it might, but your best bet is to email them with a copy of the syllabus to make sure.

Hello fellow applicants! I am IS and this will be my second year applying to OSU! I am wondering if anyone knows anything about the Masters of Animal Science program that OSU offers. I am considering the program while I have this year off to reapply to vet schools!

PS: If anyone has any questions about the interview process, I'd be happy to share my experience from this past round!

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can help me out. On the OSU website it says you need to submit the GRE scores to two different OSU places? I'm totally confused I thought it was just saying a department code but nothing shows up on ETS. I did find both codes as a score recipient though... do they actually want me to send the scores twice to two different places for them?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can help me out. On the OSU website it says you need to submit the GRE scores to two different OSU places? I'm totally confused I thought it was just saying a department code but nothing shows up on ETS. I did find both codes as a score recipient though... do they actually want me to send the scores twice to two different places for them?

There is a school code and a department code. Last year after taking the GRE I believe there were options to send the scores to both codes.. The best thing to do is to call ETS and ask them, or see if anyone in admissions at Ohio knows 100%. I think sending them to 1592 as well will work.

From OSU's website:

The General GRE must be taken by September 1 and scores must be received no later than September 15. You should request that ETS send the official GRE scores directly to us and VMCAS as soon as the test is taken. You will need to use two separate GRE codes. The first code is 1592 The Ohio State University and 7872 The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine VMCAS. GRE scores are acceptable within five years of submitting your application. The GRE measures verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking, and analytical writing skills. Applicants are required to take all parts including the analytical writing section. There is no minimum GRE score and the best individual score from each section is taken. The GRE is offered multiple times per year at locations throughout the United States and Canada. To register for the GRE, go toets.org or call 1-800-GRE-CALL. Most applicants choose to take the GRE however we do accept the MCAT. Minimum MCAT is 24. For information about the MCAT, visit aamc.org. To access your MCAT scores, we will need your 16-digit verification code.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I submitted my application thru VMCAS and got an email link to set up my Ohio account, which I did. Does anyone know if I should immediately be able to do the supplemental or if they add it later? I can't seem to find a link to the supplemental but the system says I do need to complete it

So I submitted my application thru VMCAS and got an email link to set up my Ohio account, which I did. Does anyone know if I should immediately be able to do the supplemental or if they add it later? I can't seem to find a link to the supplemental but the system says I do need to complete it

I got two emails. The first was to activate a username. The second included a link to the supplement.

Thank you! How long did it take until you got the second email for the link? I am moving and am not sure if I will have internet in the next few days and I know that you only get about a week to do the supplemental once you get it

Thank you! How long did it take until you got the second email for the link? I am moving and am not sure if I will have internet in the next few days and I know that you only get about a week to do the supplemental once you get it

I got the first email at 9:30am. I waited until 3 to request an activation code. They emailed me the activation code and once I set it up I got an email with the supplement link at 11pm (so 3 emails total)

I got the first email at 9:30am. I waited until 3 to request an activation code. They emailed me the activation code and once I set it up I got an email with the supplement link at 11pm (so 3 emails total)

Thanks so much! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to miss an email and accidentally make myself ineligible then.

FYI- Last year they gave you a week to complete the supplemental from the date they send you the email. So don't wait on this! From what I remember though the supplemental did not have any big essays or anything..I think it was just a few questions.

FYI- Last year they gave you a week to complete the supplemental from the date they send you the email. So don't wait on this! From what I remember though the supplemental did not have any big essays or anything..I think it was just a few questions.

This year they are giving you 5 days to complete it. Doesn't take long.

Weird. Is it just a form to fill out or are there short answer questions? I wonder why they only give a week.

It asks you about citizenship and residency and stuff like that. You have to lists your three evaluators. No essays or anything like that. It's super easy and doesn't take long. And the supplemental fee is $60.

It asks you about citizenship and residency and stuff like that. You have to lists your three evaluators. No essays or anything like that. It's super easy and doesn't take long. And the supplemental fee is $60.

Awesome, thanks!

Hey everyone first year here happy to help with any application questions !

Does anyone know if Ohio State requires the GRE be sent to both 1592 and 7872? I sent it to one because when I asked the admissions lady (at least I think it was the vet admissions lady) she said to just the first one. Now I'm confused though, how do I know if they received it or not?

Does anyone know if Ohio State requires the GRE be sent to both 1592 and 7872? I sent it to one because when I asked the admissions lady (at least I think it was the vet admissions lady) she said to just the first one. Now I'm confused though, how do I know if they received it or not?

No idea, but I'm confused too. I would suggest emailing to ask again (so you have it in writing if there's any issue). If you find out more, can you let us know here?

I sent it to both.

No idea, but I'm confused too. I would suggest emailing to ask again (so you have it in writing if there's any issue). If you find out more, can you let us know here?

So I called and spoke to someone in admissions, they said as long as you send it to one code, they will get it. If they don't receive it they will let you know and give you an opportunity to remedy the situation. I hope that helps anyone else who might be confused like me.

Reactions: 2 users
Can't believe it's time for c/o 2021 applications already! I'm a current 2nd year and happy to answer any questions. Good luck everyone!

So Ohio c/o 2020 stats include 64 IS and 100 OS. Things have changed a little...the class used to be 50/50. Has there ever been another school that accepted more out of state then instate?

So I called and spoke to someone in admissions, they said as long as you send it to one code, they will get it. If they don't receive it they will let you know and give you an opportunity to remedy the situation. I hope that helps anyone else who might be confused like me.

Yay, you saved me $27! Thanks for updating!

So Ohio c/o 2020 stats include 64 IS and 100 OS. Things have changed a little...the class used to be 50/50. Has there ever been another school that accepted more out of state then instate?

OSU messed up last year and accepted too many OOS students. That's not normal, and it won't be happening again this year. Illinois did something really similar (but again, not on purpose and not normal).

OSU messed up last year and accepted too many OOS students. That's not normal, and it won't be happening again this year. Illinois did something really similar (but again, not on purpose and not normal).
Your right...I actually forgot about that. Makes way more sense.

Actually every year tufts takes about 30 IS applicants and 70 OOS applicants. That might not be what you mean though because tufts is a private school.

Actually every year tufts takes about 30 IS applicants and 70 OOS applicants. That might not be what you mean though because tufts is a private school.
I don't know anything about Tufts, so no I didn't know that!

Did someone at the school actually say they "messed up" and things are going to be different for 2021?

Did someone at the school actually say they "messed up" and things are going to be different for 2021?

Yeah...I was kind of wondering...maybe this is more intentional than you think? I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

According to last years thread, the president told current students that they had over accepted and were working on a solution. As a result several people on SDN received offers for a masters program with all four years of vet school as an IS student.

Yeah...I was kind of wondering...maybe this is more intentional than you think? I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Nor would I be surprised.

While they might have not anticipated exactly what would happen with the OOS offers, they did very clearly cut the number of in-state seats initially offered this past cycle. That's the only way you end up with 64 IS students (at least 6 of whom were pulled from the waitlist). In comparison, for 2018, they under accepted IS but still sent out 65 initial seat offers (class ended up with 80 IS). I suppose they might learn something from this and alter how many OOS they over accept, but I'm really doubtful that they'll ever reestablish 50% IS.

Nor would I be surprised.

While they might have not anticipated exactly what would happen with the OOS offers, they did very clearly cut the number of in-state seats initially offered this past cycle. That's the only way you end up with 64 IS students (at least 6 of whom were pulled from the waitlist). In comparison, for 2018, they under accepted IS but still sent out 65 initial seat offers (class ended up with 80 IS). I suppose they might learn something from this and alter how many OOS they over accept, but I'm really doubtful that they'll ever reestablish 50% IS.
Knowing the current administration, this fits.

So I got an email about activating my OSU account, but nothing about the supplemental? Will that come later? Or will it be in this very user unfriendly portal?

So I got an email about activating my OSU account, but nothing about the supplemental? Will that come later? Or will it be in this very user unfriendly portal?
Once you have activated your Ohio State Username, you must log in and complete the supps which is in there.

Ok I did activate it, but where is the supplemental? I'm looking and just not seeing it.
The link is in the email you received from OSU to set up your account :) you can also find it under the Self Service tab when you log in.

The link is in the email you received from OSU to set up your account :) you can also find it under the Self Service tab when you log in.

Yeah there is no link in the username email, and there is no self service tab, so what I have is clearly not the same thing... I'll wait another couple of days for the supplemental then I'll start calling ;)

Yeah there is no link in the username email, and there is no self service tab, so what I have is clearly not the same thing... I'll wait another couple of days for the supplemental then I'll start calling ;)
If you log into buckeye link you should be able to ctrl+F and search "self" to show you the self-service tab. I don't know if maybe it takes a while to show up after you make your account...?

If you log into buckeye link you should be able to ctrl+F and search "self" to show you the self-service tab. I don't know if maybe it takes a while to show up after you make your account...?

So I had a different email to set up my username, and it was a different website. But I have now received the correct email, and submitted my supplemental application. Phew, I thought I was going crazy!