Ohio State c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Finally submitted my application! Let the stress continue. xD

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it once the application has been verified? Because mine was submitted almost 2 weeks ago, still not verified, and still haven't gotten anything from OSU.
Yes your application doesn't get sent to OSU (or any schools) until it's verified.

Has anyone who previously applied been told they have to send their GRE scores to VMCAS as well as OSU? I haven't called Sandra to ask yet, but thought I'd throw it out here first to see if anyone else has called OSU with the same or a similar question. Every year I've applied so far, they retain your GRE scores through the Graduate School office and they show up in Buckeyelink.

Has anyone who previously applied been told they have to send their GRE scores to VMCAS as well as OSU? I haven't called Sandra to ask yet, but thought I'd throw it out here first to see if anyone else has called OSU with the same or a similar question. Every year I've applied so far, they retain your GRE scores through the Graduate School office and they show up in Buckeyelink.

I was told to send them both places when I called and asked.

I was told to send them both places when I called and asked.

Is this your first time applying to OSU or did you retake the GRE in the last year?

It's seems more than a little redundant and wasteful to spend $27 to send my GRE scores to VMCAS when OSU already has them.

Is this your first time applying to OSU or did you retake the GRE in the last year?
This is my second time applying to osu. I called to ask if I needed to resend my scores and they said they would still have them on file.
It's seems more than a little redundant and wasteful to spend $27 to send my GRE scores to VMCAS when OSU already has them.
This is my second time applying to OSU. I called to see if I should resend my scores and they said they still have them on file.

I was told today to send my GRE to VMCAS... so I did.

At some point OSU (I'm sure other schools as well) really need to sit down and re-evaluate how serious they are in making this whole process affordable for students. Maybe I'm just getting old and bitchy, but I've spent the last decade listening to OSU talk about student debt and how to reduce it, but I've never witnessed them turning that talk into real action. Any money I've "saved" through this process has been eaten up by new or increasing fees somewhere else. Every year it costs more money to apply. Every year it costs more money to attend. I'm starting to think I'm too middle class to afford such "luxury."

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry if this has been asked already!

On the supplement, they ask for 3 references -- I have 4 LORs on VMCAS, will they consider all 4? Should I name the top 3 I'd like considered?

Sorry if this has been asked already!

On the supplement, they ask for 3 references -- I have 4 LORs on VMCAS, will they consider all 4? Should I name the top 3 I'd like considered?
If they ask for 3, give 3.

Members don't see this ad :)
If they ask for 3, give 3.
Well, yeah. I was saying that's all they had room for. I couldn't add a fourth. So I was curious if they would not consider the letter from the person whose name I had to leave off.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

Well, yeah. I was saying that's all they had room for. I couldn't add a fourth. So I was curious if they would not consider the letter from the person whose name I had to leave off.

In previous years they've told people to designate the eLOR's to be used, with the understanding that OSU will only accept three even if you have more submitted into VMCAS.

In previous years they've told people to designate the eLOR's to be used, with the understanding that OSU will only accept three even if you have more submitted into VMCAS.
That's kinda sad..but that's okay. I indicated my top 3. Thanks :)

Anyone know when one would likely hear about interviews and when they would be held?

Anyone know when one would likely hear about interviews and when they would be held?

I just got an email saying my application checklist was complete. They start sending interview invites beginning at the end of November through January. Interview dates and information are on their website and are January 5, 6, 7, 16, 23, and 30.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just got an email saying my application checklist was complete. They start sending interview invites beginning at the end of November through January. Interview dates and information are on their website and are January 5, 6, 7, 16, 23, and 30.

I got the same email

I got the same email

For people who have received an email saying their application checklist was complete, how long after you submitted everything did you get it? I'm worried about my GRE scores, they should have them but I received no conformation of it.

For people who have received an email saying their application checklist was complete, how long after you submitted everything did you get it? I'm worried about my GRE scores, they should have them but I received no conformation of it.

I submitted on July 29th and got the email on Sept 15th.

If you log onto the buckeye link, your GRE scores will be there. You can also email them and they'll tell you if they got them.

Did anyone else just submit to VMCAS in the last few days?

I submitted on Wednesday and VMCAS shows I'm verifying. I got an email from OSU yesterday reminding me to submit my VMCAS app (after I already had) and haven't gotten anything about a supplemental or setting up a buckeye account.

I'm guessing that they're bogged down in applications and will send out the supplemental link soon, but I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

Did anyone else just submit to VMCAS in the last few days?

I submitted on Wednesday and VMCAS shows I'm verifying. I got an email from OSU yesterday reminding me to submit my VMCAS app (after I already had) and haven't gotten anything about a supplemental or setting up a buckeye account.

I'm guessing that they're bogged down in applications and will send out the supplemental link soon, but I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.
It takes a few days to get the supplemental. I called because I hadn't gotten mine and they said it can take up to two weeks. I ended up getting it two days after I was verified though.

It takes a few days to get the supplemental. I called because I hadn't gotten mine and they said it can take up to two weeks. I ended up getting it two days after I was verified though.

I was verified on Thursday, and have not received anything yet. I assume I will come Monday... Hopefully...

I got an email today that Ohio has received everything and that my application is complete.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when they will be sending out interview invites?

I received an email today regarding possible prerequisite deficiencies (I'm all good--just had to send a couple syllabi and was OK'd!), looks like they are getting the ball rolling on evaluating apps :). I think interview invites go out sometime around mid to late November!

Reactions: 2 users
I received an email today regarding possible prerequisite deficiencies (I'm all good--just had to send a couple syllabi and was OK'd!), looks like they are getting the ball rolling on evaluating apps :). I think interview invites go out sometime around mid to late November!
Yeah, I just responded to the same. Almost had a heart attack when I saw the "possible deficiencies in your prerequisites" :laugh: but yeah, they only wanted the syllabus for my current A&P class.

Reactions: 1 users
I got a similar email! So many schools have wanted my physiology syllabus! it seems crazy that they are just now getting to these, I feel like my portal has said "in committee review" for a while!

for those of you who responded with your physiology syllabus, did u receive a response back from OSU? and if so how long did it take for them to respond?

for those of you who responded with your physiology syllabus, did u receive a response back from OSU? and if so how long did it take for them to respond?

I sent my syllabus around 3:30*pm my time yesterday, and got a response from them this morning (time stamp around 9am) that it fulfilled requirements.

Last edited:

Yeah I sent it at like 7am yesterday and got a response around 10am yesterday!

Anyone know when applicants should be getting interview invites? I know from last year's interview list it was around Nov 20 but I didn't know if anyone had any additional info.

Anyone know when applicants should be getting interview invites? I know from last year's interview list it was around Nov 20 but I didn't know if anyone had any additional info.
Nothing new - OSU sent us an email when our application was complete saying "We will begin sending interview invitations via email toward the end of November, and then will continue sending them out through January."

Does anyone know what the Community Enrollment Question is or what it means? It's on my Buckeye Link as completed on 11/9/16 under my supplemental page.

No idea on specifics for this year, but keep in mind that last year there appeared to be two big waves of interview invites sent out - the first was mid-late November, the second was in December sometime if I remember correctly. I don't know whether they will do that again this year or not, but thought it was worth noting.

Good luck all! Hang in there.

I have that too.

Me too. (Go to application status, click "pending" and then "application requirements," for anyone wondering.)

Googling didn't turn anything up. I don't know what it means, but I guess they're making some progress on going through our applications!

Me too. (Go to application status, click "pending" and then "application requirements," for anyone wondering.)

Googling didn't turn anything up. I don't know what it means, but I guess they're making some progress on going through our applications!
Maybe they sent our applications out to alumni in the community to review? Which makes sense according the name, but who knows!

Maybe they sent our applications out to alumni in the community to review? Which makes sense according the name, but who knows!

Ooh that would make sense (I saw on last year's thread that OSU does this). I also have 11/9 as the date. I wonder if this means everything's been reviewed and interview invites will be sent out soon, or if it just means our apps have been sent out. Or maybe it means I'm overthinking things haha.

Ooh that would make sense (I saw on last year's thread that OSU does this). I also have 11/9 as the date. I wonder if this means everything's been reviewed and interview invites will be sent out soon, or if it just means our apps have been sent out. Or maybe it means I'm overthinking things haha.
I think we're over thinking a bit but it's understandable! Last year interview invites went out 11/20 which was a Friday. So maybe we can expect to hear something next Friday or the following! Just a guess.

Maybe a little of all of that?! Lol

Does anyone know what the Community Enrollment Question is or what it means? It's on my Buckeye Link as completed on 11/9/16 under my supplemental page.
I have it too! Mine says completed 11/9 as well! When I clicked on "contact: University Community Enrollment Review Committee" it just opened up my email, I was hoping it would take me to a page with information on it haha

I have it too! Mine says completed 11/9 as well! When I clicked on "contact: University Community Enrollment Review Committee" it just opened up my email, I was hoping it would take me to a page with information on it haha

Just checked mine. My app said the same thing, completed on the same day and when I clicked the link, it just opened my email.

Hopefully it is a good sign!