Ohio State Class of 2020 Hopefuls!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I see it now on this page - http://vet.osu.edu/education/application-checklist

The page I linked above has more recent updates so I'm assuming they just forgot to update this page as well since those statements contradict each other.

I feel pretty sure the other one is right (you just need to complete your pre-reqs by the end of spring) but if you are concerned it doesn't hurt to send them an email ([email protected])

Members don't see this ad.

@Jess Monster where did you find that?

I just found what @Stb1473 saw...

I just called OSU and they said everything just has to be done by spring but hmmmm I hope they gave me the right info!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty sure you just need everything done by the end of spring semester because I just visited the school, but I think most of us would've taken one or more of the capstone classes by now. The new prereq change was a shock to some but it's not like those courses aren't already worked into most bio/animal sci majors. Just my input.

Members don't see this ad :)
@PittPreVet I'll have three of the four capstones done after this semester. My problem is that my Physiology class didn't cover Repro, and the Repro Phys class is A) only taught in the spring and B) conflicting with my nutrition class for this coming spring. I was planning on taking Biochem my final semester (just how it's working out with the professor I want to take it with) so I was just trying to figure out if I needed to take Repro Phys this coming spring and take nutrition my final semester instead.

According to the admissions office they just have to all be done by spring. The no more than one prerequisite in the spring rule applied with the old prerequisite structure.

@PittPreVet I'll have three of the four capstones done after this semester. My problem is that my Physiology class didn't cover Repro, and the Repro Phys class is A) only taught in the spring and B) conflicting with my nutrition class for this coming spring. I was planning on taking Biochem my final semester (just how it's working out with the professor I want to take it with) so I was just trying to figure out if I needed to take Repro Phys this coming spring and take nutrition my final semester instead.

According to the admissions office they just have to all be done by spring. The no more than one prerequisite in the spring rule applied with the old prerequisite structure.
exactly @ the prereq completion rule ^. maybe you can take something at another nearby campus or online/over the summer? ask admissions. I'm taking an animal phys class that covers half of the stuff, but also taking human a&p which i'm sure will cover urinary (only thing not covered in my phys class). i'm also taking biochem in the spring.

Does anyone see a more specific timeline in terms of the interview process (when interview offers are mailed out for ex) for OSU??

Does anyone see a more specific timeline in terms of the interview process (when interview offers are mailed out for ex) for OSU??

I have only seen what was in the completed application checklist email-- toward end of November through January.

My friend is a fourth year at OSU now, she said the first interviews are in the beginning of January

Yup, interviews don't start until January... at leas that's what we've been told here. Invites may be sent out sooner, but the actual interviews won't be until 2016 :)

How long are interviews typically offered? Meaning, I know some schools have a more specific time frame they get most of them done (like, only in January) and others just say any time from December to February.

One of my friends is a graduate of OSU's veterinary school. He received an email not long ago about applications and he relayed some info with me. The applications have been sent out to various OSU grads to be reviewed. The reviewers have to turn them back in by the end of November and applicants won't hear anything (in regards to interview invitations) until at least December 1st.

We were told by one of our profs (who is an assistant dean) that they've now started to look at the applications. But again, you probably won't hear for a while... if you do, great, but hang in there. I heard two days before x-mas, so...

Reactions: 1 users
But again, you probably won't hear for a while... if you do, great, but hang in there. I heard two days before x-mas, so...

That's when I heard too! I remember thinking I for sure wouldn't get in because so many people got their interview invited WAY before me. But look at us now!

Members don't see this ad :)
That's when I heard too! I remember thinking I for sure wouldn't get in because so many people got their interview invited WAY before me. But look at us now!

Yep, neck-deep in midterms xD Loving it though

OOS 1st time applicant!

Also a first time applicant here!

1st time applicant also! Any idea as to how they send out interview invites? on the portal?

1st time applicant also! Any idea as to how they send out interview invites? on the portal?

I think in previous years it has been via email...? Anybody else have more concrete insight on this?

My interview invite 3 years ago was via email. I believe nearly everyone, if not everyone received theirs via email unless it was a last minute thing (spots opened up) then maybe a phone call. Your buckeyelink portal will like update eventually but it tends to be a little behind.

My interview invite 3 years ago was via email. I believe nearly everyone, if not everyone received theirs via email unless it was a last minute thing (spots opened up) then maybe a phone call. Your buckeyelink portal will like update eventually but it tends to be a little behind.
It was the same as this last year too. Buckeyelink tends to be WAY behind. I think mine took several weeks to update after I was accepted. Don't think it changed at all when I was offered an interview though.

awesome, i shall refresh my email every 5 minuteso_O

I didn't hear until December, right before x-mas, so don't drive yourself too crazy :)

I just got my interview invite ahhhh!!!

Reactions: 5 users
I just got one too! Woohoo!! :)

Reactions: 5 users
i wonder if interview invites all go out at the same time?

i wonder if interview invites all go out at the same time?

Nope. At least, as long as I've been involved in the process they haven't. They usually go out in batches once a week or so until they get spaces filled.

Got my interview invite as well! I'm OOS and submitted VMCAS about 2-3 weeks before the deadline. It has been an emotional day today!

Reactions: 3 users
I am IS, received the invite via email. Congrats everybody!

According to my "application complete" email, it says "We will begin sending interview invitations via email toward the end of November, and then will continue sending them out through January."

If day of app submission has anything to do with it I may still have a while to hear anything. Haha, I got all nervous/excited when I saw OOS peeps posting under the Ohio State section of interview invitations :p

I didn't even get an application complete e-mail. What e-mail did they send it from? And when?

I didn't even get an application complete e-mail. What e-mail did they send it from? And when?
I got it on Nov 5th and the email was sent from Sandra Dawkins (dawkins.12 @ osu) but is signed as "Office of Admissions and Recruitment". It came in a while after I had submitted their supplemental and basically just says they have received all the necessary items (VMCAS, GRE, supplemental) and to check your email for any updates.

cool, thanks @Jess Monster. I couldnt find anything on their website
According to my "application complete" email, it says "We will begin sending interview invitations via email toward the end of November, and then will continue sending them out through January."

If day of app submission has anything to do with it I may still have a while to hear anything. Haha, I got all nervous/excited when I saw OOS peeps posting under the Ohio State section of interview invitations :p

Haha right? If its at all dependent upon the date materials were submitted, Ill get an interview like...in August :rofl:

Got my invite Friday as well (OOS) and will be interviewing the 16th! Is anyone using the VetStay program to stay with current students (or has anyone used it in the past and can comment on it)?

I'm one of the students doing vet stay, so you know, y'all can come hang out with me and my birbs. I've heard from those who did it that it was fun!

Congrats to all who've received interviews! Those who haven't heard yet, don't worry... I got mine two days before christmas last year, so there's still time.

Do they send interview emails, or through portal? Some people I know have already heard through their portal online (saying their app is not accepted...meaning they aren't getting an interview).

Also, how late do they send interview invites? Do they send them through January or later?

Do they send interview emails, or through portal? Some people I know have already heard through their portal online (saying their app is not accepted...meaning they aren't getting an interview).

Also, how late do they send interview invites? Do they send them through January or later?

E-mail. The portal doesn't get updated right away for most people. If you know applicants who have already been rejected by OSU, I would wonder if something wasn't turned in on time - like I foresee there will be some students who didn't have the school evaluate their physiology prereq before applying like they were instructed to do. Also, that damned PTE stuff.

In the past, they have sent interview invites out into February. Most invites will go out before the end of the year though.

E-mail. The portal doesn't get updated right away for most people. If you know applicants who have already been rejected by OSU, I would wonder if something wasn't turned in on time - like I foresee there will be some students who didn't have the school evaluate their physiology prereq before applying like they were instructed to do. Also, that damned PTE stuff.

In the past, they have sent interview invites out into February. Most invites will go out before the end of the year though.

Our school's physio class is accepted by OSU. It was actually officially emailed to them and accepted by them in July I believe. I am not sure why they have heard a "no" already if it isn't because of the physio class. Thank you, I hope to hear soon!

Don't panic guys, I didn't get my interview invite until January! About 10 days before my interview! I thought that was a bad sign at the time, but here I am! :)

Does anyone know specifically where I can confirm my interview time? I want to make sure that it all went through properly! Thanks !

Does anyone know specifically where I can confirm my interview time? I want to make sure that it all went through properly! Thanks !

I got a confirmation email shortly after I submitted it.

I got a confirmation email shortly after I submitted it.
Oh really? Mine must have not gone through properly, Ill have to figure this out! Thanks for the reply! I was thinking that I should have got an email.

Haven't received an interview invite and am super insecure about it :( BUT! Just got an email the other day that my undergrad physio classes fulfill the prerequisite for OSU! Was nervous about that. I submitted my application basically on the deadline day, does anyone else think this affects whether my application has been looked at yet or if I'll receive an interview?

It could be.. But probably not. Usually schools don't sen interviews according to the date they submitted. It's usually done with whatever like they get to next. Have you checked your online portal? If they give you a "no" already, it will say it in there. Some of my colleagues have already seen this on their portal and not received any email from them.

It could be.. But probably not. Usually schools don't sen interviews according to the date they submitted. It's usually done with whatever like they get to next. Have you checked your online portal? If they give you a "no" already, it will say it in there. Some of my colleagues have already seen this on their portal and not received any email from them.
Where would the "no" be exactly? not to mention interviews can go out until January.

Where would the "no" be exactly? not to mention interviews can go out until January.

The status of your application is on Buckeyelink (the place where you filled out the supplemental application).

In the applicant portal area it will say "Decision" vs. "Pending." If it says there is a decision, click on the status and read the message.