Ohio State College of Pharmacy - Fall 2014 matriculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RayyyJay

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's applying? Have you heard anything yet?

I submitted my PharmCAS application pretty early and got an email on 8/5 saying that they had received my application. I was told that supplementals go out within a few weeks of receiving that email. If you've gotten your supplemental application, what is it like?

Also just received an email to sign up for an OSU ID...I'm guessing that means I'll at least be receiving a supplemental, but there was no other info provided with it! :confused: Anyone know what that's about?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also applying and received the notification of receipt on the 5th, but haven't seen the supplemental yet.

I haven't received an email from COP about an OSU ID, but I'm applying dual and had to do this for the PhD program. I don't know how it relates to the PharmD program, but for the PhD program it essentially allows you to track your application materials. My guess is it will be used for similar purposes on this end.

Who's applying? Have you heard anything yet?

I submitted my PharmCAS application pretty early and got an email on 8/5 saying that they had received my application. I was told that supplementals go out within a few weeks of receiving that email. If you've gotten your supplemental application, what is it like?

Also just received an email to sign up for an OSU ID...I'm guessing that means I'll at least be receiving a supplemental, but there was no other info provided with it! :confused: Anyone know what that's about?

Just got an email to activate my OSUID but no supplemental just yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my supplemental this morning. Its just a few bubble in questions and 4 short answer essays

Just got my supplemental today. Got the email about making an OSU account yesterday. 4 short essays and some personal info bubble in answers

Sent in that supplemental. Now playing the waiting game.:sleep:

I submitted the Pharmcas application on September 3rd. OSU have just sent me two links to create an account and to do the supplemental application. As I read the posts from previous years, a lot of people got an interview even before they submitted their supplemental application. If I got the link for the supplemental application, does it mean that I have few chances of getting an interview??

Thank you so much

I don't think that says anything about your chances. As I recall all qualified applicants receive a supplemental application invite. I received mine before I was offered an interview, and honestly, since its early in the application cycle, I imagine most people are experiencing the same thing now. After they get interview dates really rolling, that's probably when they'll start flip flopping it. Just a guess.

This might be a weird question, but for one of the essay questions asks how you became aware about the program... what if I just heard about it from googling different pharmacy schools? What is one to suppose to write then?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite for November the 9th !

How long did it take for you guys to hear back once your supplemental was submitted? And good luck to you all on your interviews!

How long did it take for you guys to hear back once your supplemental was submitted? And good luck to you all on your interviews!

Got confirmation of my supplemental on Aug 29, got my invitation on Sept 19.

I submitted my supplemental just yesterday and already got an interview invite! I'm so excited, this school is a top choice of mine.

I got the interview invitation for Nov 9 too!!!!! Are there anyone that are out of state? How are you guys' plans for hotel and transportation? I will fly in from Oklahoma so I do not know which is the best way to arrange all of that. Thank you so much!!

I got the interview invitation for Nov 9 too!!!!! Are there anyone that are out of state? How are you guys' plans for hotel and transportation? I will fly in from Oklahoma so I do not know which is the best way to arrange all of that. Thank you so much!!

I'm flying in from North Carolina for my interview on November 9th. As of hotel, in the confirmation email they sent us, there is a list of hotels under the useful links. I haven't started looking at them yet but if you find one with a good price, do share!

this area is pretty expensive. cheapest one i have found is a hostel for 50$

I'm interviewing Nov. 9 too. I'm flying and then staying at the Red Roof Inn at the university.

If anyone has questions about OSU pharmacy admissions, they're holding LIVE Q&A with Joe Orozco, director of student services now. You can tweet questions to @prof_hale.

http://youtu.be/oviLIkqkuzc

Does anyone know what the interview format is going to be?? traditional, MMI, or group?

Does anyone else have an interview on November 2nd?!?

Does anyone know what the interview format is going to be?? traditional, MMI, or group?
Bases on what I read from other years, I think there will be 1 or 2 faculties interviewing us. I am not too sure about it this year. If anyone has any information, please share :)

So I was at the interviews yesterday....they told us we'd know within two weeks but I heard someone saying that they'd probably tell us by this Wednesday? Anyone know if that's true? I'm sooo anxious to find out haha, this is my first choice!

Nov. 9 candidates, don't be nervous! It was really laid back and kind of fun!

How long did it take everybody to hear about an interview offer? I sent my supplemental app and fee on Oct 6, but still haven't heard anything!

So I was at the interviews yesterday....they told us we'd know within two weeks but I heard someone saying that they'd probably tell us by this Wednesday? Anyone know if that's true? I'm sooo anxious to find out haha, this is my first choice!

Nov. 9 candidates, don't be nervous! It was really laid back and kind of fun!

I heard they usually let the students know within 3-4 days. Do you know how many candidates did they interview yesterday? Do you mind sharing some interview experience with the interviewers? Thank you!!!

Just got my acceptance!!!!! OMG so excited. That was SO fast, I just interviewed on Saturday!

I heard they usually let the students know within 3-4 days. Do you know how many candidates did they interview yesterday? Do you mind sharing some interview experience with the interviewers? Thank you!!!

Yeah just found out their decision within two days...that was crazy.

This weekend they interviewed probably 26 candidates at my session. The interview was very laid back, no crazy questions. Interviewers were a pharmacy student and a faculty member. They really seemed like they just wanted to get to know me and didn't really make it a high pressure situation.

I was there this weekend too! Everyone was super friendly. I was interviewed by an alumni and a professor. I thought my interviewers were pretty tough on me after talking to everyone else... But I STILL GOT IN!!!

How long did it take everybody to hear about an interview offer? I sent my supplemental app and fee on Oct 6, but still haven't heard anything!
I submitted my Pharmcas app on September 3 and supplemental app on Oct 14. I got the invitation on Oct 14. I hope you will get one soon :)

I submitted my Pharmcas app on September 3 and supplemental app on Oct 14. I got the invitation on Oct 14. I hope you will get one soon :)

That's weird, I guess they didn't like me :p just kidding, but I still hope I hear back soon then!

How do you prepare for the interview? This is my first interview and OSU is my top choice so i am very very nervous!!!!! Please share your experience if you dont mind :)

How do you prepare for the interview? This is my first interview and OSU is my top choice so i am very very nervous!!!!! Please share your experience if you dont mind :)

I was so busy the weeks before I literally reviewed on the flight there... Do NOT be like me haha. I highly recommend practicing with someone or just speaking your answers out loud.

Be able answer questions like these:
Why pharmacy?
Ideal qualities in a pharmacist?
Why Ohio?
Explain bad grades, if any.
How did you handle a difficult situation?
What are you proud of?
How do you cope with stress?

I hope these help! Good luck to everyone interviewing!

I was so busy the weeks before I literally reviewed on the flight there... Do NOT be like me haha. I highly recommend practicing with someone or just speaking your answers out loud.

Be able answer questions like these:
Why pharmacy?
Ideal qualities in a pharmacist?
Why Ohio?
Explain bad grades, if any.
How did you handle a difficult situation?
What are you proud of?
How do you cope with stress?

I hope these help! Good luck to everyone interviewing!

Thank you so much! Do we have to bring anything to the interview?

Nice! I got put on "hold" :(
It sounded like they are waiting for more info based on their explanation on Sat, so it's probably not a bad thing.

I plan on accepting--as of now, OSU is my top choice. It's possible I could be swayed by interviews elsewhere, but for now, this is where I want to end up.

I got in too and Ive accepted my offer! Good luck to everyone who is still interviewing!

How long do we have to accept/decline our acceptance? I can't find that info anywhere =/