Ohio State College of Pharmacy - Fall 2014 matriculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had three weeks to notify them once got my acceptance email. I found out that I got in on November 4th and I interviewed on the 4th so they let you know pretty fast!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone else that has accepted the offer received any notification from the school yet? I paid my deposit yesterday and haven't heard anything from OSU and was wondering if it was typical.

Btw congrats to everyone who has been accepted/good luck if you're still doing interviews

Has anyone else that has accepted the offer received any notification from the school yet? I paid my deposit yesterday and haven't heard anything from OSU and was wondering if it was typical.

Btw congrats to everyone who has been accepted/good luck if you're still doing interviews

I just received an email of confirmation today, and I paid it last Thu.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview for December 13, for those of you who have interviewed already, what is the day like? Any tips would be great! Thanks and congrats to those who have already been accepted, it's an awesome feeling! :)

I got an interview for December 13, for those of you who have interviewed already, what is the day like? Any tips would be great! Thanks and congrats to those who have already been accepted, it's an awesome feeling! :)

It's an extremely laid back day. Everybody there is really nice and welcoming. My interview didn't even feel like an interview; it just felt like I was having a conversation with them.

Yeah the interview day really isn't bad, you have an overview powerpoint of the school, the actual interview with 2 people, a tour, and a chance to ask current students questions. I would just say dress nicely and be friendly. The interview is really laidback. Just see the day as a cool opportunity to talk with people you've never met before. Good Luck!

Yeah the interview day really isn't bad, you have an overview powerpoint of the school, the actual interview with 2 people, a tour, and a chance to ask current students questions. I would just say dress nicely and be friendly. The interview is really laidback. Just see the day as a cool opportunity to talk with people you've never met before. Good Luck!
It's an extremely laid back day. Everybody there is really nice and welcoming. My interview didn't even feel like an interview; it just felt like I was having a conversation with them.
Thanks guys! that helps a lot!

I just interviewed this past saturday (the 14th) and I had an email in my inbox at 9am this morning saying I had been accepted!
Here are my stats for those wondering:
PCAT 90
GPA: 3.80
Science GPA: 3.53
1+ year as a pharmacy tech with Walgreens
multiple leadership organizations, including starting my own health professions service organization!
Let me know if you have any questions about the interview day!

Quick question, does OSU offer scholarships for p1 year?

Not from what they talked about, they just said dont worry about working because financial aid will take care of you...aka loans will take care of you lol

Hey for anyone who has accepted and plan's on attending Ohio State for Pharmacy starting in the Fall of 2014, I have created a Facebook page where we can discuss anything related to our upcoming class, feel free to join!

Hey for anyone who has accepted and plan's on attending Ohio State for Pharmacy starting in the Fall of 2014, I have created a Facebook page where we can discuss anything related to our upcoming class, feel free to join!
Link?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview jan 25. See you all there.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my supplemental app Sunday then got the invite Monday afternoon.

Reactions: 1 user
My supp was done dec 29. Invite given the next day. Interview is jan 25.

My supp was done dec 29. Invite given the next day. Interview is jan 25.
oh wow... what's your stat? if you don't mind sharing.
my supp was done on dec 17 and haven't hear anything since then :(

I have an 87 comp on the pcat. A bs biology. 3.6 GPA. I also am a pharm tech instructor and worked for a few years as a tech in retail and hospital. I'm also an ohio resident if that helps.

Am I in trouble? I submitted my supplemental app on January 6. I just noticed in the previous e-mail that their application deadline was January 1. But I still received an e-mail saying my application was received? Uh oh...

You missed the deadline. They might still take it though.

confirmed my jan 25th interview!

question for those already interviewed/accepted: how long was the entire interview process? i know we have to get there by 8, but around what time were you all finished?

thank you! :)

confirmed my jan 25th interview!

question for those already interviewed/accepted: how long was the entire interview process? i know we have to get there by 8, but around what time were you all finished?

thank you! :)

The entire process lasted roughly 3 1/2 hours. First they made us introduce ourselves, then Joe went over some useful info regarding tuition, curriculum, etc. Interviews/tour/student panels started shortly after that. My interview went extremely well due to my friendly interviewers and the conversational nature of it. Another plus is that they're very fast at getting back to you- I found out within two days that I was accepted!

Last edited:
Interviewed this morning. Got my acceptance just a moment ago. Yay

i have my interview this upcoming saturday... any advices?

So i had my interview today on feb 8. And I just check my email and apparently Ohio sent me an email on 9:09AM in the morning stating that I will be putting on the wait-list but I didn't even started my interview at that time.... Can anyone tell me what's going on?

The timestamp on your or their email is probably messed up.

The timestamp on your or their email is probably messed up.

So.... I guess I got put on the wait list? :(
I thought they said it would take like 2 weeks to find out their decisions

Last edited:
Hi everyone I'm interviewing on the 21st, how was the interview process?

anyone else got an interview invitation ? I submitted my sup application on Jan 15 and haven't heard back from them yet

I turned down my acceptance today :( Goodluck to everyone on the wait list! Hope y'all get in.

Lol I was rejected.... But I was o.o.s anyway so didn't have my hopes up.