Ohio State Supplemental Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Miller4Heisman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find an on-going discussion about OSU's supplemental application, but the search bar isn't yielding many relevant results. Can anyone direct me to a thread about it?

I'm having some issues with the 250 word limit, also my responses for:

• Describe your interest in the PharmD program at The Ohio State University. (250 words or less)
  • How did you become aware of the PharmD program at The Ohio State University? (250 words or less)

are pretty similar...

I want to diversify it, but I'm honestly not sure what they want for the first prompt. I have a feeling they want me to talk about the past and future research projects from OSU's COP, but I'm not very familiar with any of them. Or are they asking more for things like graduation rate? OSU is one of my top choices because my family lives in Ohio, but I'm pretty sure that's not what they want to hear...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm trying to find an on-going discussion about OSU's supplemental application, but the search bar isn't yielding many relevant results. Can anyone direct me to a thread about it?

I'm having some issues with the 250 word limit, also my responses for:

• Describe your interest in the PharmD program at The Ohio State University. (250 words or less)
  • How did you become aware of the PharmD program at The Ohio State University? (250 words or less)

are pretty similar...

I want to diversify it, but I'm honestly not sure what they want for the first prompt. I have a feeling they want me to talk about the past and future research projects from OSU's COP, but I'm not very familiar with any of them. Or are they asking more for things like graduation rate? OSU is one of my top choices because my family lives in Ohio, but I'm pretty sure that's not what they want to hear...

I think you have the wrong idea. The questions are asking:

Describe your interest in the PharmD program at The Ohio State University. (250 words or less) aka "Why Ohio State and not _____ University. What about this program makes you want to apply?" Not research unless you are doing pharmd/phd. Talk about your personal goals, thing you like about the curiculum, etc.

How did you become aware of the PharmD program at The Ohio State University? (250 words or less) aka "Did you google it? Do you have an alumus relative? Did you go here for undergrad?"

Stop thinking so hard, you'll burn out before you even start pharmacy school. And good luck, I go to osu. Good times.

Yeah, I think I'm just overthinking the prompt...

I've actually grown up as a HUGE Buckeye fan (inspiration for my username haha), but due to scholarship opportunities, I never got to go as an undergrad.

I hope you don't me asking, but what would you say are the "pros and cons" about OSU's COP?

All I really know about the program is the U.S. Health News has it ranked at #7, and I have a cousin who graduated from there back in the mid-90s... Is there a website where I can find more current information about the Pharm.D program?