Ohio State University class of 2018 hopefulls!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HowIMetYourPet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here we go!!!

So who else on here is hoping to be wearing Scarlett and Grey this time next year?!?!

Members don't see this ad.

Here we go!!!

So who else on here is hoping to be wearing Scarlett and Grey this time next year?!?!

Me!! Hahaha

Good luck c/o 2018 applicants! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions--we're done with classes so I have lotsa time :)

LMAO Nstarz!

Good luck future Buckeyes! Let me know if you have any questions pertaining to the interview/application! I won't be much help when it comes to everything else since I start in the fall, but I would be more than happy to help with interview and application questions :)

GO BUCKEYES!!!

EDIT: I am an out of state student, so I can give you some out of state perspective as to why OSU is better than anywhere else :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck 2018ers! Like cs, I am starting in the fall and am OOS, so I can answer application, interview, and OOS questions. I am interested in food animal, so I can also help with any concerns you may have regarding what OSU has to offer in those areas. It was a big factor in my decision to apply/attend here, and I was really on the fence until I visited OSU a second time. Many things were clarified in my second visit, and I fell in love! I wish you all the best :)

GO BUCKEYES!!

and lolz NStarz :laugh:

I passed all my classes so I think I'm all set for next year :laugh:

I'm also available if anyone has any IS or non-trad questions :)

Good Luck!

I was wondering if anybody that has already been accepted had any advice for me?? I applied last year, and I got an interview but did not get in to OSU. I'm working in a research lab now, and I am getting a lot of experience with our veterinary services section of our lab, what else could I do between now and interview time to prepare/juice up my application/interview :confused:

I was wondering if anybody that has already been accepted had any advice for me?? I applied last year, and I got an interview but did not get in to OSU. I'm working in a research lab now, and I am getting a lot of experience with our veterinary services section of our lab, what else could I do between now and interview time to prepare/juice up my application/interview :confused:
What kind of diversity in vet med experience do you have? What kind of leadership? I know they put a lot of emphasis on that during the interviews last year! Congrats on the research, it seemed like OSU really liked students that had research experience, they are a big research "One Health" school!

What kind of diversity in vet med experience do you have? What kind of leadership? I know they put a lot of emphasis on that during the interviews last year! Congrats on the research, it seemed like OSU really liked students that had research experience, they are a big research "One Health" school!

I was an intern in a small animal practice for three years, and I have shadowed an equine and large animal vet for a pretty good amount of hours, for leadership I was president of my school's pre-vet club for three years, my sorority's parliamentarian and v.p public relations, an officer for my equine team, and I have been an employee trainer/leader for four years at a farm job I had. I was hoping the research would help my team does a lot of work with lab animals, and the vet service has helped train me in different procedures! Thanks!

Did you happen to do a file review? If so, what did they suggest?

Did you happen to do a file review? If so, what did they suggest?

I had a file review, but it wasn't too helpful. I was basically told my academic record was above the average, my letter of recom. were good, my personal statement was good, and that I just need more experience hours, so hopefully research will help me.

I had a file review, but it wasn't too helpful. I was basically told my academic record was above the average, my letter of recom. were good, my personal statement was good, and that I just need more experience hours, so hopefully research will help me.

Well that definitely sounds like a good place to start! I've heard that adcoms like to see research experience. I personally didn't have any, but I made up for it in my animal experience. It couldn't hurt to continue to gain veterinary experience also though, especially if you can work at the same place. I was always told depth is preferred over breadth when it comes to experience.

I guess I missed this thread the fist time around...but I'm definitely applying to OSU! They are my second choice after my in state.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay c/o 2018 applicants!!! By the time you guys start classes, I will be in 3rd year. Holy shiznit.

Im applying!! And super nervous about how competitive it is! It is my IS and number one pick!

By the time you guys start, I will be a 2nd year! Which is weird to me because I haven't even started yet! Haha

i'm nervous too.. but it's my #1!

Just wanted to pop in this thread and say I can try to answer any questions you may have as well! I'm starting my first year at OSU next month :D

By the time you guys start, I will be a 2nd year! Which is weird to me because I haven't even started yet! Haha

Just wanted to pop in this thread and say I can try to answer any questions you may have as well! I'm starting my first year at OSU next month :D

AHHHH I'm getting excited!!! :D

I'm happy to see so many of you interested in OSU!

OSU shared this on twitter today and it made me pretty excited for the big move in a couple weeks!! :D :D

http://www.movoto.com/blog/real-est...-to-know-about-columbus-before-you-move-there

Yay getting more excited! 22 more days til I move there! I'm so glad I grew up visiting Columbus multiple times per year so I feel comfortable and am familiar with the area. My mom grew up there and a lot of her family still lives there :)
Fun fact: my mom went to high school with Wendy Thomas of Wendy's Hamburgers :) They were camp counselors at the same horse camp too!
I'll have to disagree with #32 though... Graeter's Ice Cream is better than Jeni's IMO ;)

Anyone and everyone needs to (once you get there) go to Piada... you're welcome.

I watched the videos on the Piada website for about 20 minutes... Drooling the whole time...

I watched the videos on the Piada website for about 20 minutes... Drooling the whole time...

with the knowledge and support of all my cbus friends, i miss piada as much as them :D

Hey guys!!

Has anyone else done their supplemental yet?

Is anyone else feeling mildly paranoid that its just a form, and afraid you're missing something major like an essay or something?

Hey guys!!

Has anyone else done their supplemental yet?

Is anyone else feeling mildly paranoid that its just a form, and afraid you're missing something major like an essay or something?

Don't worry, there is not an essay!

Don't worry, there is not an essay!

That is good to know, thanks!! I've been searching the website to see if there is anything more, to no avail, but its nerve wracking none the less!!

I've activated my account on the website using the code and information they emailed to me, but now that I'm logged in I don't see where to submit a form? Can someone help me :)

I've activated my account on the website using the code and information they emailed to me, but now that I'm logged in I don't see where to submit a form? Can someone help me :)

They should send you another link to the actual supplemental form in a day or so :)

On their website, they list detailed instructions for accessing the supplemental application.

http://vet.osu.edu/education/application-checklist#Supplemental

There is an FAQ in the supplemental application section, with a link to a pdf that goes step by step.

Got an email saying my app is complete.

Interview invites will be sent beginning in mid-November through Jan.

Good luck, everyone!

Got an email saying my app is complete.

Interview invites will be sent beginning in mid-November through Jan.

Good luck, everyone!

Oooh so exciting! Good luck everyone!

Wait did you guys already get accepted this admissions cycle?

I had to make a few calls to figure the whole thing out.

Turns out you have to wait for up to one day for the supplemental to show up on your dashboard thing.

So I was poking around this thread for last year's admission cycle trying to get an idea of the timeline for OSU and some of the CVM students already knew the dates for interviews. Does anyone know what the interview dates will be this cycle?

I just want to get an idea so that I'm prepared if I'm fortunate enough to get an interview.

Hey dalmatiandoc...I'm sure they are hard at work on your applications! We actually just got finished with our accreditation visit, so things may be a bit delayed this year (or not, I don't know either way). Hopefully you guys hear soon :)

Reactions: 1 user
So I was poking around this thread for last year's admission cycle trying to get an idea of the timeline for OSU and some of the CVM students already knew the dates for interviews. Does anyone know what the interview dates will be this cycle?

I just want to get an idea so that I'm prepared if I'm fortunate enough to get an interview.

Good question! Our interview dates are not posted yet because they are still tentative. However, we are planning for December 14, 16-18, and January 18, 25. We plan to start sending out interview invitations the week of Nov. 18th (and then will continue sending them on a rolling basis through December).

Also - if any of you ever have questions, please always feel free to call or email us! 614-292-1171 or [email protected]

-Shayna
OSU CVM Admissions Staff

Reactions: 1 users
Good question! Our interview dates are not posted yet because they are still tentative. However, we are planning for December 14, 16-18, and January 18, 25. We plan to start sending out interview invitations the week of Nov. 18th (and then will continue sending them on a rolling basis through December).

Also - if any of you ever have questions, please always feel free to call or email us! 614-292-1171 or [email protected]

-Shayna
OSU CVM Admissions Staff

Thank you so much for the timeline, helps keep the nerves inline a little bit! :nailbiting::)

-Shayna
OSU CVM Admissions Staff

Thanks for the response Shayna! I appreciate you keeping tabs on the forum!

Last edited:

-Shayna
OSU CVM Admissions Staff

Thank you! Would you happen to know how many in-state and out-of-state applicants there are this year?

Thank you! Would you happen to know how many in-state and out-of-state applicants there are this year?

Yes! As of now we have 240 Ohio applicants and 1147 out of state applicants (compared to last year's 262 Ohio and 1064 out of state). This number may change slightly because people are still working on residency issues, but it will be around those numbers.

I wish each school's thread had its own personal CVM staff member to answer questions : o )

We received an email about hosting interviewees! Should hear soon guys! Let me know if you have any questions, I am happy to help!

I have a feeling SDN will be flooded on Monday with news about interview notifications from many schools. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Pressure! Confusion! Anxiety!

Hey, what's that shiny thing over there?