Ohio State University class of 2018 hopefulls!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You will hear one way or another today - whether it is an acceptance, decline or waitlist. Make sure you are also checking your junk mail/spam folders! If you have any questions at all, free free to contact us ([email protected]).
Thank you so much for keeping us updated, Shayna! We all appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You will hear one way or another today - whether it is an acceptance, decline or waitlist. Make sure you are also checking your junk mail/spam folders! If you have any questions at all, free free to contact us ([email protected]).
Thank you Shayna! You are always so helpful!!

Thank You so much Shayna for keeping us in the loop.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any word yet anyone??? I'm dying!!!
I guess they are staying past five??

I was right that I didn't want to know...

I'm on the wait list!!! I'm so close!! Hey has anyone heard how great Cornell is??? Jk jk! Congrats to everyone so far!! OSU seems like an amazing place!!

I'm on the wait list!!! I'm so close!! Hey has anyone heard how great Cornell is??? Jk jk! Congrats to everyone so far!! OSU seems like an amazing place!!
I got waitlisted too! Initially I was bummed but decided that was extremely selfish of me...so Im happy I am a step closer. Sblove, Im so sorry to hear.... I really am, I wish there was something we could do :cryi::cryi: But there is always a reason, there is a plan, we all just have to figure it out :love:

Reactions: 2 users
What number are you??? I am #23

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received my official rejection and I'm honestly not too surprised considering how my interview went. One of my interviewers seemed openly hostile towards me and spent the first few minutes "playing Devil's advocate" as she put it, trying to convince me I shouldn't even be applying to vet schools and should have stuck with my previous field of study. Oh well, congrats to everyone who's receiving positive news today and I've been accepted to a few other schools already so don't worry about me :)

Reactions: 1 users
I just received my official rejection and I'm honestly not too surprised considering how my interview went. One of my interviewers seemed openly hostile towards me and spent the first few minutes "playing Devil's advocate" as she put it, trying to convince me I shouldn't even be applying to vet schools and should have stuck with my previous field of study. Oh well, congrats to everyone who's receiving positive news today and I've been accepted to a few other schools already so don't worry about me :)
Ouch! Sounds awful :/ Was it a professor, by any chance (I hope not!)?

I got waitlisted too! Initially I was bummed but decided that was extremely selfish of me...so Im happy I am a step closer. Sblove, Im so sorry to hear.... I really am, I wish there was something we could do :cryi::cryi: But there is always a reason, there is a plan, we all just have to figure it out :love:
So sorry, sblove :( Have you heard good news from anywhere yet (hard to keep track of all the threads!)?
Thanks so much, everyone. I was actually waitlisted, but I am pretty far down on the IS waitlist... and seeing as very few IS people turn down their spots, it's basically a rejection. I know I may seem selfish -- especially since I have been accepted at KSU and Midwestern -- but OSU is my IS and my top choice. I am a second-time applicant and I felt really good about my interview. Also, the IS tuition is a huge factor... I don't know, basically there are a ton of reasons why I wanted to be at OSU over anywhere else. I am very, very, very sad. However I really appreciate the support everyone.

Ouch! Sounds awful :/ Was it a professor, by any chance (I hope not!)?
No it was actually a researcher from outside of the Veterinary college in another health field who works with them doing interdisciplinary research.

Thanks so much, everyone. I was actually waitlisted, but I am pretty far down on the IS waitlist... and seeing as very few IS people turn down their spots, it's basically a rejection. I know I may seem selfish -- especially since I have been accepted at KSU and Midwestern -- but OSU is my IS and my top choice. I am a second-time applicant and I felt really good about my interview. Also, the IS tuition is a huge factor... I don't know, basically there are a ton of reasons why I wanted to be at OSU over anywhere else. I am very, very, very sad. However I really appreciate the support everyone.

Sorry, @sblove17. I know how much it sucks to be wait listed at your top choice school, without much hope of getting off the list. It's not selfish at all to feel disappointed and sad.

Good luck to those still waiting to hear :)

How many IS do you think decline their offer?? I'm #3 on instate wait list and I don't know my chances :confused:

Still got notta, my bearded dragon is currently curled around my neck trying to comfort me as I continue to wait

I'm still waiting too... not sure what that means

Nothing here. Interviewed on the first day. I'm concerned that there dont seem to be any accecptances.. Maybe it's just coincidence?

Ugh I hope so.. trying not to get my hopes up that they are doing acceptances last

Yea I wonder if they are still gonna send more out today...

I got my rejection e-mail around 6 PM. I called it back in December so it wasn't a surprise, but it still sucks. Second time, too, with no interview invite. What's worse is having to be on OSU's vet campus twice a week for class knowing, again, that I won't be a vet student in the fall.

Rejection :cryi:. I made the not so great decision of going to the rec center before so I wouldn't be freaking out over my email so much. I was in a middle of a run when I got the email, thank goodness I made it back to my car before I had a breakdown.. rejection stinks. :( I believe my interview went a lot worse than I thought. *Sigh*

Last edited:
Aww Ashgirl I'm so sorry :( I could be in the same boat for all I know. Rejection is no fun :( did you just get the email?

Aww Ashgirl I'm so sorry :( I could be in the same boat for all I know. Rejection is no fun :( did you just get the email?

No I received it around 6. And thank you, I appreciate it.

And I was thinking we would hear by 5 at the latest... I feel like an email hasn't gone out in a couple of hours

So sorry, Sb. You certainly have just cause to be disappointed. Thinking of you over here in UT :(

Congrats to those who have received their acceptances to The OSU. It is a wonderful school :) For those waitlisted or rejected, my thoughts and heart go out to you. No doubt, there is a fantastic veterinary school just dying to have you on its admissions roster. Keep the faith, friends :)

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to those who have received their acceptances to The OSU. It is a wonderful school :) For those waitlisted or rejected, my thoughts and heart go out to you. No doubt, there is a fantastic veterinary school just dying to have you on its admissions roster. Keep the faith, friends :)
And to those who still wait think happy thoughts.

I got a missed call and voicemail from April Pugh at 4:07pm but I didn't see it until around 8pm when I was heading out of work :scared:!!!!! My buckeye link still says pending though....I called her back and left her a message. I hope I hear back from her soon! :nailbiting:

I got a missed call and voicemail from April Pugh at 4:07pm but I didn't see it until around 8pm when I was heading out of work :scared:!!!!! My buckeye link still says pending though....I called her back and left her a message. I hope I hear back from her soon! :nailbiting:
Yeah mine still says pending too. If they called you though I would expect that it's good news .

That's what happened with me back in December but the next day my link changed. I'm pretty sure you've got good news coming your way :)