Ohio State University class of 2018 hopefulls!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's what happened with me back in December but the next day my link changed. I'm pretty sure you've got good news coming your way :)

That definitely helps to settle my nerves a little! Thanks! :happy:

Members don't see this ad.

My dream of attending OSU (my IS) is crushed for a second year. At least I made it to an interview this year. Next year all the way! I'm not done trying!

Reactions: 1 user
My dream of attending OSU (my IS) is crushed for a second year. At least I made it to an interview this year. Next year all the way! I'm not done trying!
When did you hear? Just now?

Sorry that it wasnt good news :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a missed call and voicemail from April Pugh at 4:07pm but I didn't see it until around 8pm when I was heading out of work :scared:!!!!! My buckeye link still says pending though....I called her back and left her a message. I hope I hear back from her soon! :nailbiting:
I would say the same thing. I reacted the same way too when I missed my call :). Let us know what ya hear!

I guess the rest of us will find out today?

.. I hope so... I don't want to sit by my phone obsessing for any longer.

I woke up every few hours to check my email last night :(

Reactions: 2 users
Ok I'm dying here, some of my friends in my prevet club all heard back last night... All of it was bad news... I'm just going to try and stay positive and cross everything that can be crossed. However I really hope all of us in limbo hear back today.

Ok I'm dying here, some of my friends in my prevet club all heard back last night... All of it was bad news... I'm just going to try and stay positive and cross everything that can be crossed. However I really hope all of us in limbo hear back today.
Ugh the wait is killing me... I woke up to check my phone at 2, 4, 6 am.... I need to hear so I can go back to sleep!

Just got the email! I'm accepted!! So excited I can't believe it

Reactions: 5 users
Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! Accepted!!!!! I'm so happy!!! Just got an email!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Ahhhh I got in!!!!!! Just got the email

Congrats everyone! Hopefully I will be able to join you all in the C/O 2018! I'm so close yet so far! This wait is going to be terrible!

YAYYY! Congrats everyone!!!! I got an acceptance as well!!!! :biglove::banana:

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
AHHHHHH I can't even focus on my test in 20 minutes. Congrats to everyone else who received acceptances. yay for future Buckeyes!

Reactions: 4 users
I GOT IN!!!!! I screamed so loud in my vert bio class when I got word. Embarrassing but I don't care. I'm so happy right now!!!!:soexcited:

Reactions: 9 users
I definitely did a dance when I read my acceptance! As a second time applicant I am beyond excited!!! Congrats everyone else

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted OOS! jumped on my roommate to tell her! Congrats everyone

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted OOS!! Just ran around my entire building spreading the news!!

Good luck to everyone else!! :luck:

Reactions: 7 users
Yayy!! I'm in too can't wait to meet everyone in this August! Congrats guys!

I got in too!! So excited. Don't know how I'm going to be able to concentrate on work the rest of the day. Congratulations to everyone!

Reactions: 8 users
I'M GOING TO BE A VET!!!!!!!!! :love::soexcited::biglove:

Congrats Everyone! So excited to start yet, I still need to finish out this semester.

Yea now my motivation to do well in my classes is diminished

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a facebook group for the Class of 2018? I should probably wait for my IS school decision (honestly hoping for a rejection so that I have good reason to explain to my parents why I'm not going) and interview at one more school before I decide, but I loved OSU! I would like to start looking at housing options even though I haven't officially made the decision to go.

Yeah.... I may or may not have cried in class when I got the acceptance ;)
CONGRATS EVERYONE!

My friend got into OSU :) So happy for her!! (She's not on SDN, but she's still awesome so you should all be friends with her. Hahaha). And remember this moment when you are knee deep into the "worst semester of vet school" studying for all the things.

Reactions: 3 users
congrats everyone! I wish you all luck, and hope to join you in a few years!

(just created this account yesterday, so I hope im posting correctly)

Ahhhhhhh I got in! The missed call from yesterday was good news after all!!!! :soexcited::claps::banana:

That would have been the worst phone call ever. "So-and-so, we just wanted to call and tell you we don't want you. Have a nice day!" Glad you got good news, trombone! (Can you tell I'm procrastinating? I have an exam on Monday I should be studying for...)

That would have been the worst phone call ever. "So-and-so, we just wanted to call and tell you we don't want you. Have a nice day!" Glad you got good news, trombone! (Can you tell I'm procrastinating? I have an exam on Monday I should be studying for...)

Haha talk about awkward! :laugh: ... Thanks so much! I'm ecstatic!!:soexcited:

Best of luck on your exam ! :luck:

Got accepted on the 30th. Still waiting for the official e-mail/letter though. But super excited anyways! First acceptance is always a huge relief :happy:

I got accepted last week!! I'm beyond excited to meet all of you new students! My dad is a doctor and he said to me "Just remember, from now until your first day is the best part of your time in vet school" I don't think it will be THAT challenging, but this feeling is definitely one we need to all remember when exams are around the corner and we doubt our abilities to succeed.

And to all those who haven't heard back yet, relief will come soon, one way or the other.
If it's your dream, don't give up!!

So I'm 99% sure I will be attending osu in august!!!! So excited and was hoping I could get some suggestions on housing that allows pitbulls?? Saw a lot of places allow pets but of course pitbulls are not aloud :(

So I'm 99% sure I will be attending osu in august!!!! So excited and was hoping I could get some suggestions on housing that allows pitbulls?? Saw a lot of places allow pets but of course pitbulls are not aloud :(
Hey Mya! Excited to see you (most likely) choosing to be a Buckeye this fall! You won't regret it :)
A lot of the common apartment complexes for vet students have breed restrictions which includes pitbulls, but you can get it around it. I live at Runaway Bay which has this rule. However, if you have a note from your vet or a trainer saying your dog is not aggressive, it will most likely be allowed to come. I've heard that many other people here just say that their pit bull mix is a "mixed breed dog" and they never question it. If you find a place you're interested in, give them a call and see if they have similar ways to work around the breed restriction rule! Also, later in the spring many people will be sending out emails on cvmchat (I can show you how to sign up for these emails after you get an email account) about houses/apartments/townhouses ect. that are looking for new renters. Since many of these places are from landlords with 1 or just a few places, they will not have specific breed restrictions and pets may be on a case-to-case basis. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much, that would be awesome! Actually, Runaway Bay was one of the places I was looking at as I saw it was very popular with the vet students! How do you like living there? And I'm going to try and call a few places this week to see what their rules are.. but most likely I will end up saying she is a "mixed breed dog" lol.

Thank you so much, that would be awesome! Actually, Runaway Bay was one of the places I was looking at as I saw it was very popular with the vet students! How do you like living there? And I'm going to try and call a few places this week to see what their rules are.. but most likely I will end up saying she is a "mixed breed dog" lol.
I really like it! Getting a house with my fiance this summer so I won't be here next year but if it weren't for that, I'd probably stay.
-There's a decent sized dog park which is popular. I don't use it because I have a small dog who is afraid of large dogs, but many of the vet students go there after school with their canine companions :)
-The apartments are a good size compared to other places I looked at in similar price ranges.
-Utilities are all separate
-2 bed 2 bath available! Couldn't find other places with 2 bathrooms! Great if you don't want to share with a roommate
-Possible lake view from your apartment, and everyone has access to the lake
-Unlimited Free B&W printing!!! This has been a major plus and saved me a good amount of money on ink
-24/7 access to gym
-Pool and deck area for summer months
-Tennis court, basketball court, and sand volleyball
-Washer/dryer in every apartment
-The people in the office have always been very nice and helpful to me. Occasionally, I've had to bug them a second time for maintenance stuff to get fixed, but after that it got done!
-About 13 minute drive to school. Not bad, but the light intersection down the hill from the complex can sometimes take forever...
-Keypad to get in your building (with about 8-12 apartments) and then a bolt lock on your door. 2 of my friends have had building doors that are unlocked for long periods of time but mine has always been locked.
-Mailbox is inside your building (just inside the front door) but outgoing mail is dropped off at the leasing office
-Depending on where your apartment building is within the complex you may have to go over up to 4ish speed-bumps which are annoying. I only have to go over one. There's also some pot-holes in various places but none near my apt.

Sorry if this was way more info than you needed for now :) Feel free to ask about anything I may not have mentioned!

I really like it! Getting a house with my fiance this summer so I won't be here next year but if it weren't for that, I'd probably stay.
-There's a decent sized dog park which is popular. I don't use it because I have a small dog who is afraid of large dogs, but many of the vet students go there after school with their canine companions :)
-The apartments are a good size compared to other places I looked at in similar price ranges.
-Utilities are all separate
-2 bed 2 bath available! Couldn't find other places with 2 bathrooms! Great if you don't want to share with a roommate
-Possible lake view from your apartment, and everyone has access to the lake
-Unlimited Free B&W printing!!! This has been a major plus and saved me a good amount of money on ink
-24/7 access to gym
-Pool and deck area for summer months
-Tennis court, basketball court, and sand volleyball
-Washer/dryer in every apartment
-The people in the office have always been very nice and helpful to me. Occasionally, I've had to bug them a second time for maintenance stuff to get fixed, but after that it got done!
-About 13 minute drive to school. Not bad, but the light intersection down the hill from the complex can sometimes take forever...
-Keypad to get in your building (with about 8-12 apartments) and then a bolt lock on your door. 2 of my friends have had building doors that are unlocked for long periods of time but mine has always been locked.
-Mailbox is inside your building (just inside the front door) but outgoing mail is dropped off at the leasing office
-Depending on where your apartment building is within the complex you may have to go over up to 4ish speed-bumps which are annoying. I only have to go over one. There's also some pot-holes in various places but none near my apt.

Sorry if this was way more info than you needed for now :) Feel free to ask about anything I may not have mentioned!
Haha def a lot of information but very useful!!! Once I setup my ohio state email I will probably as for your help with setting up the chat you were talking about! Thanks again for all the info, I'll definitely have to checkout runaway bay when I come up there to look at housing! Thanks again!

I live at Runaway Bay too :) We have pitbulls and other breed restricted dogs living here. As long as your dog isn't a nuisance, no one will really care. I'm actually one of the ones with my door unlocked. They FINALLY fixed it. For how long, who knows, but it still makes me happy :)

Haha def a lot of information but very useful!!! Once I setup my ohio state email I will probably as for your help with setting up the chat you were talking about! Thanks again for all the info, I'll definitely have to checkout runaway bay when I come up there to look at housing! Thanks again!
No Prob :)

I live at Runaway Bay too :) We have pitbulls and other breed restricted dogs living here. As long as your dog isn't a nuisance, no one will really care. I'm actually one of the ones with my door unlocked. They FINALLY fixed it. For how long, who knows, but it still makes me happy :)
Yes, I was talking about you :) hehe but yay for your door!

Any of those accepted(decided)/ already students:

I'm having trouble getting my email set up- any ideas? Anyone else having issues?

I'm going to call tomorrow but thought I'd see if you all had any ideas first!

Thanks!

I'm having trouble getting my email set up- any ideas? Anyone else having issues?

Thanks!
Everyone has trouble setting up their email. So you're not alone. Lol. Don't know if I can be of much more help than that, though :)

Thanks!

Glad it's not just me :) I was going to wait until the end of the week before I did anything in case I had to wait for my deposit/fees to go through. Let me know what you find out tomorrow if there are no brilliant ideas tonight.

Thanks guys! I will definitely see what I can find out tomorrow. My deposit has cleared and is in the account- so not sure if that has something to do with it. The whole system is confusing right now- I'm sure it will get easier with time.

Any idea when we will get more information- like when we get big sibs and such? I know it's early but I'm very excited to be getting ready. Picked out an apartment today too. (Woo!)

Thanks guys! I will definitely see what I can find out tomorrow. My deposit has cleared and is in the account- so not sure if that has something to do with it. The whole system is confusing right now- I'm sure it will get easier with time.

Any idea when we will get more information- like when we get big sibs and such? I know it's early but I'm very excited to be getting ready. Picked out an apartment today too. (Woo!)
Probably not until they have the class finalized. So you're looking at May (at the earliest) most likely :) Check out the First Year Survival Guide on the Incoming Class page--lots of great information!

Just made my final decision to attend OSU this fall!! I'm beyond excited!!

So I just got my email working. You have to set it up through the my.osu.edu first- give it a couple days- then go to buckeyemail.osu.edu login in with your lastname.#@buckeymail.osu.edu

Don't forget the buckeymail in the login when you type the address. I think that was what I was doing wrong- as well as trying to log on right away.

Don't forget the buckeymail in the login when you type the address.

I've been at OSU for years and still dislike the "buckeyemail.osu.edu" extension. It's so annoying and unnecessary considering that @osu.edu will still get you your mail.

Hey fellow Buckeyes! Anyone get their info packet by snail mail yet? Its supposed to have the hard copy of our acceptance letters in it as well as some other information. The email put me on cloud 9, but I just can't wait to be holding that actual letter in my hands! So excited for this fall!!!