Ohio University (OU-HCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, just got the email...Accepted to Dublin campus! Very, very pleased! Was more than a little worried when I didn't get a phone call as well Friday.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! Will you be joining us next year?! Also, if you have any questions about OU Med in general please feel free to PM me :) I'm a current 2nd year...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II for the 18th. I already put my deposit somewhere else but this has been the top choice. I'm stoked for this opportunity!! Better late than never!

Edit: does anyone know if the wait list tends to generally move??

Last edited:
Just got an interview for the 18th. Are interviews this late typically only for the alternative list? Either way I will be attending, this is my top choice and in my home state.

Just got an interview for the 18th. Are interviews this late typically only for the alternative list? Either way I will be attending, this is my top choice and in my home state.

I believe so. That's what I was told over the phone and through the portal!

If there aren't any spots available they would have contacted you to tell you that you would be interviewing for a wait list spot. So if they didn't tell you, there are still spots available. :)

Interviewed on the 19th with @yeggs14 and we were both accepted outright. There are definitely spots left (class of 250+) unless they told you up front

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Interviewed on the 19th with @yeggs14 and we were both accepted outright. There are definitely spots left (class of 250+) unless they told you up front

I was told these spots were for the wait list!

Do you mean on the 19th?

No, I'm referring to the March 18th slot. Unfortunately we'll be interviewing for the wait list. Better than nothing, so I'm happy for the opportunity!

No, I'm referring to the March 18th slot. Unfortunately we'll be interviewing for the wait list. Better than nothing, so I'm happy for the opportunity!
Hey I have a friend interviewing that day and nobody told him it was for the waitlist? Just wondering who told you that, was it admissions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I have a friend interviewing that day and nobody told him it was for the waitlist? Just wondering who told you that, was it admissions?

Yeah, I also called to confirm and they did just that. The email inviting me to the interview also stated that the class was full! Have your friend call and confirm as well, maybe there is a mix up? I didn't think the class would be filled just yet!

Yeah, I also called to confirm and they did just that. The email inviting me to the interview also stated that the class was full! Have your friend call and confirm as well, maybe there is a mix up? I didn't think the class would be filled just yet!
Wow thats crazy I didnt think they would be full till next month, thanks for the response though. I wonder if its every campus or specific ones?

Wow thats crazy I didnt think they would be full till next month, thanks for the response though. I wonder if its every campus or specific ones?

Yeah, I had the same thought process! I'm applying to the Athens campus, so that campus must be full!

Weird, my email didn't say anything about the class being full. Maybe because I listed Dublin as a campus also. Oh we'll definitely looking forward to it either way.

The Monday after the interview does OU notified by phone, email, or just status change?

Accepted to the Dublin campus! Can't believe it! My top choice here, can't wait.

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed the 25th for a waitlist position and was placed on the waitlist. How does their waitlist work? Was I placed there bc the class was full or bc I'm on hold? Does anyone know my chances?

Thanks!

I interviewed the 25th for a waitlist position and was placed on the waitlist. How does their waitlist work? Was I placed there bc the class was full or bc I'm on hold? Does anyone know my chances?

Thanks!
How was your interview? PM me if you'd like. Thanks.

Thanks!
You were placed because the class is full. On the 18th whoever was interviewing for Athens that day was wait listed also. Essentially you would have been

You were placed because the class is full. On the 18th whoever was interviewing for Athens that day was wait listed also. Essentially you would have been
Most likely accepted if there was a spot for you. Im not exactly sure how their wait list works so I don't want to mislead you

Most likely accepted if there was a spot for you. Im not exactly sure how their wait list works so I don't want to mislead you
Thank you, I appreciate it! Do you think everyone who interviewed got wait listed or are they more selective about their waitlist? I'll just hope for the best, this would be a dream!

Can any current student give information on how classes are graded? Also is there a class rank? Any additional information about grades would be much appreciated :) Thank you!!

Can any current student give information on how classes are graded? Also is there a class rank? Any additional information about grades would be much appreciated :) Thank you!!
When I talked to students at the interview day they told me pass/fail.

Hey everyone! I am reading up in preparation for the application cycle next year after my gap year, so I would love some feedback. My stats are fairly high (GPA 3.9, sGPA 3.75, MCAT 510), and I have pretty good LORs; however, I don't have a letter from a DO. I know the website says it is "strongly recommended," but I don't want that to be a factor against my admission. Has anyone else gotten in or even received an II without a DO letter?

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I am reading up in preparation for the application cycle next year after my gap year, so I would love some feedback. My stats are fairly high (GPA 3.9, sGPA 3.75, MCAT 508), and I have pretty good LORs; however, I don't have a letter from a DO. I know the website says it is "strongly recommended," but I don't want that to be a factor against my admission. Has anyone else gotten in or even received an II without a DO letter?
Congrats on your hard work. Though I'm sure it's possible to get an II without a DO letter, it's actually quite informative to shadow a DO. It may help to contact your undergrad premed office & see a list of alums from your college who have become DOs. This helped me exponentially in obtaining that important reference. Because you're so proactive, it also seems like you might have some time to arrange a shadowing experience.

Thank you, dr_axolotl, and thank you for the additional advice on getting connected with DOs! That is the biggest problem I am having at the moment.

Hey everyone! I am reading up in preparation for the application cycle next year after my gap year, so I would love some feedback. My stats are fairly high (GPA 3.9, sGPA 3.75, MCAT 508), and I have pretty good LORs; however, I don't have a letter from a DO. I know the website says it is "strongly recommended," but I don't want that to be a factor against my admission. Has anyone else gotten in or even received an II without a DO letter?
I did not have a letter from a DO, and I was in one of the first several groups to interview and I was accepted into the Athens campus. So it may be recommended, and I would get a letter from a DO if possible, but it is not required.

Are they done interviewing?

Withdrew my acceptance today, good luck to everyone!

......................................................................................................

Last edited:
......................................................................................................

Last edited:
FutureD.O. - I hope we all find out something soon since we're now officially past the MD Desicion Day!

DO_HOPEFUL113 - I have personally not heard anything. Maybe someone else here has.

It's also past the new decision day for DO decision day, May 15th. Hopefully there should be considerable movement soon!

Anybody hear anything yet?

The wait is driving me nuts.

Last edited:
There has been some waitlist movement.

Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know. That's bad news for us who haven't been contacted but hopefully there will still be some more chances.

I just got accepted off the waitlist. Better late than never.

Reactions: 4 users

Last edited: