Ohio University (OU-HCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Make sure to smile awkwardly during the photo! It's not for anything important..

I lied. It'll look nice on your ID badge lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
ACCEPTED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD
Congrats! I've been researching this school pretty heavily and I can't imagine what it would feel like to be accepted. Did they email you or call??

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I've been researching this school pretty heavily and I can't imagine what it would feel like to be accepted. Did they email you or call??
Thank you! I got an email this morning. The interview experience was amazing, because they really presented the school well!

ACCEPTED for Cleveland Campus !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
It seems like only acceptances post on SDN lol -- I hope I don't break the combo!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know the stats as far as how many IS/OOS students apply/are interviewed/accepted/ matriculate

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
Couldn't find any data on their website

Anyone know the stats as far as how many IS/OOS students apply/are interviewed/accepted/ matriculate

Couldn't find any data on their website

I can't find anything for '15-16, but here is one for the 14-15 cycle. The IS stats are very favorable.

However, OOS is a different story. You better know what you're getting into if you are applying out of state. Out of 240 matriculating last year, only 5 were out of state. It seems like they invited ~20 OOS applicants out of 3,000 apps. Very very tough.

Attachments

• AR14-15 FINAL.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
I can't find anything for '15-16, but here is one for the 14-15 cycle. The IS stats are very favorable.

However, OOS is a different story. You better know what you're getting into if you are applying out of state. Out of 240 matriculating last year, only 5 were out of state. It seems like they invited ~20 OOS applicants out of 3,000 apps. Very very tough.
According to that data, if you interview you have roughly a 76% chance of getting an acceptance. Probably higher if you're only looking at IS but that is super encouraging! Getting more and more excited about my interview on the 7th!

Accepted to Cleveland!!!! Primary complete 7/18, Secondary complete 7/22, II 9/23, and I am IS

Reactions: 3 users
How long did they wait after the interview to give you an answer?
They decide everything that Friday! Some people received phone calls that evening and others received emails the following Monday (it does not mean anything one way or another acceptance-wise if you were called that day, or receive the email the following Monday). Their turn-around is awesome! I received the acceptance call as I was entering my apartment from the drive back to Cincinnati from Athens on interview day. Some of my other friends got the acceptance email that next Monday.

Dean Schriner came to our program for a presentation and individual sessions yesterday, and said half the class is accepted after the holidays! That put me more at ease, so anyone still waiting, don't fret!

Reactions: 1 users
is this your first choice?? we would be classmates next year!!!
YES! I only applied to OU-HCOM which is probably horrifying for most SDNers, but I live in Cleveland and knew it's exactly what I wanted. So if it's your top choice too we definitely will be classmates!!

YES! I only applied to OU-HCOM which is probably horrifying for most SDNers, but I live in Cleveland and knew it's exactly what I wanted. So if it's your top choice too we definitely will be classmates!!
As of now forsure will be class mates! But I actually just got an interview to neomed so I will be deciding between OU and neomed if it comes down to it!

As of now forsure will be class mates! But I actually just got an interview to neomed so I will be deciding between OU and neomed if it comes down to it!
Good luck!! I know a lot of students at NEOMED. It's a great school. I was part of a postbacc program they have with Cleveland State, but I ended up going in a different direction and wanted to pursue OUHCOM instead.

Should I apply here?

Stats

500 mcat-127physical/121 verbal/125biology/127 psychology

3.69 overall gpa/3.77 science gpa

I interviewed today and got accepted to Cleveland!! :D

I interviewed today and got accepted to Cleveland!! :D
What time did they call? I missed a call on the drive home and freaked out about it, but I'm assuming it was a wrong number because the caller didn't leave a voicemail. I'm just curious!

What time did they call? I missed a call on the drive home and freaked out about it, but I'm assuming it was a wrong number because the caller didn't leave a voicemail. I'm just curious!

They called me at 6:45! I'm sure if you got the call from them, you are accepted :) I don't think they would call you on the same day to let you know that you are rejected or waitlisted.
Just wait for an email on Monday! Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if you have access to a fitness center at the Dublin or Cleveland campus?

Does anyone know if you have access to a fitness center at the Dublin or Cleveland campus?

My friend (1st year) from Cleveland campus told me that we have access to a fitness center and our tuition covers it.

I know at Dublin you get a pass to the big rec center that is run by the city of Dublin.

Cleveland had a weight room and a cardio room right in the school which is cool and I'm pretty sure you do get access to a local larger gym as well

I have been accepted to Cleveland Campus and couldn't be happier! Such an amazing place, people, and facility - I feel honored.

I have been accepted to Cleveland Campus and couldn't be happier! Such an amazing place, people, and facility - I feel honored.

Dylan! Congrats :) Both of us got into cleveland campus! Remember you said we might not hear back forever? Thankfully that didn't happen!!

Reactions: 2 users
Dylan! Congrats :) Both of us got into cleveland campus! Remember you said we might not hear back forever? Thankfully that didn't happen!!

Congrats!! We'll all be classmates if you end up attending!

Reactions: 2 users
They called me at 6:45! I'm sure if you got the call from them, you are accepted :) I don't think they would call you on the same day to let you know that you are rejected or waitlisted.
Just wait for an email on Monday! Good luck!!!

I got the email yesterday! :D

I wonder why they call some people and email others
Hi!

I can answer that for you. :) We sometimes call candidates the night of the decision because we have a history with that student. Many times we get the opportunity to know a candidate from their freshman year of college (sometimes even earlier) and work with them their entire undergraduate career. It's just our way of saying thank you to the student for making that connection with us.

I did see where someone posted that a call vs. an email is still the same thing and that is absolutely correct. It truly doesn't mean we love you any less if we don't call. If the committee accepts you, we want you to be part of the family and that means we love you. :)

Reactions: 6 users
Just got accepted via email and if this isn't the best day of my life I don't know what is

Reactions: 11 users
ACCEPTED TO ATHENS!!!! Can't even describe my happiness right now!

Reactions: 9 users
I got in!!! As an OOS I got in! I can't believe it! Athens here I come!

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted to Cleveland!!

Yay! Congrats guys! So hopefully now that they're done accepting you guys they'll get to reading my secondary app lol

Does anyone know how we pay the $100 deposit. I want to pay it before they change their minds!! Ha