OHSU next year questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wandernkind

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted in the OHSU secondary thread but I feel as though this may be different. I have two questions!

1. I am applying 2009-2010 and I am only applying to OHSU. My partner will be finishing a BSN program and I am not willing to move until they are done. If I don't get into OHSU my first year I will apply widely the next. I will be taking the summer 2009 MCAT and I am wondering when to take it. I plan on taking a prep course but I will not be done with my pre-recs until the middle of June. It seems as though OHSU is not rolling admissions, so would it be safe to take an August MCAT and still be considered competitive?

2. I have lived in Oregon since 2006, I am under 24 and my parents live in another state. I lived in Oregon for a full year before attending PSU. I have a car registered in Oregon, I have an Oregon drivers license, I am an Oregon voter, I am registered in a domestic partnership in Oregon and I pay Oregon taxes. I am still contesting residency at PSU. When I apply, who should I talk to about determining if OHSU considers me a resident or not? Has anyone had a similar situation? Thanks so much for all your help!

Members don't see this ad.