ointment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

d ahmed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is color of the label put on ointment tube after manufacturing in lab

Members don't see this ad.

depends on the lab, it could be any color. Why are you asking such a non-sensical question? Explain the context and maybe someone can help you figure out, whatever you are trying to figure out.

Members don't see this ad :)
depends on the lab, it could be any color. Why are you asking such a non-sensical question? Explain the context and maybe someone can help you figure out, whatever you are trying to figure out.
No. i'm pretty sure it's Burnt Sienna.

Reactions: 4 users
Federal law mandates that ointment tubes must be colored per FDA specifications and regulations. Qualitest had this issue awhile back with triamcinolone which is why their tube looks totally different from the standard yellow and brown theme we associate with Qualitest. Did you not take pharmacy law in school?

Reactions: 1 users
Federal law mandates that ointment tubes must be colored per FDA specifications and regulations. Qualitest had this issue awhile back with triamcinolone which is why their tube looks totally different from the standard yellow and brown theme we associate with Qualitest. Did you not take pharmacy law in school?
no, going back to burnt sienna

Reactions: 1 users
no, going back to burnt sienna

Yeah, but remember last fall when the burnt sienna dye was back-ordered for weeks, I think that is when the FDA made an emergency ruling to change the allowed color on tubes. So you are both right to an extent.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, but remember last fall when the burnt sienna dye was back-ordered for weeks, I think that is when the FDA made an emergency ruling to change the allowed color on tubes. So you are both right to an extent.

Why do you think all your generic topicals are so damn expensive now? Fougera et. al stockpiled all that dye and pretty much forced out the rest of the market. Ranbaxy tried to game the market by blending Atomic Tangerine with Mauvelous, but the FDA rides Ranbaxy so hard they were quick to shut that scam down.

Reactions: 2 users
you know - I would think if they just tweeked the dye to mildly tanned sienna, they could have gotten away with it

Reactions: 1 user