Ok for MD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Trying to get a final of schools. Any input would be much appreciated!

cGPA 3.53 sGPA 3.45 might worthwhile to list the trend starting from freshmen year:

3.35 --> 2.4 (i know, awful -_-) --> 3.85 --> 3.78 --> 3.83 --> 3.94 (i'm hoping the upward trend will compensate for the awful freshmen year)

PENDING MCAT (hoping for at least a 30)

Homestate: New York

Research:
-2 semesters, 300+ hours. Researching effects of alcohol on early development
-working full-time this summer as lab technician in same lab

E.C.

-EMT-Basic at university ambulance agency (300+ hours)
-Youth leader at church, led several out of country mission's trips (over 3 years)
-volunteer at community free clinic as pharmacy technician as well as taking vitals
-shadowing: 20 hours
-teacher's assistant (Orgo 1 & 2 and Cell Bio)

Work

-pharmacy technician at retail pharmacy (over 3 years)

Schools

MD

-SUNY Upstate
-Albany Medical College
-SUNY Buffalo
-Commonwealth
-Drexel
-Stony Brook
-New York Medical College
-SUNY Downstate
-University of Vermont
-Univ of Cincinnati (accept 36% out-of-state)
-Hofstra

DO

LECOM
NYCOM
PCOM

I thinking I'm going to need to add a few more schools..any suggestions would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! Trying to get a final of schools. Any input would be much appreciated!

cGPA 3.53 sGPA 3.45 might worthwhile to list the trend starting from freshmen year:

3.35 --> 2.4 (i know, awful -_-) --> 3.85 --> 3.78 --> 3.83 --> 3.94 (i'm hoping the upward trend will compensate for the awful freshmen year)

Research:

E.C.

-Youth leader at church, led several out of country mission's trips (over 3 years)
-volunteer at community free clinic as pharmacy technician as well as taking vitals

Work

Schools

MD

-SUNY Upstate
-Albany Medical College
-SUNY Buffalo
-Commonwealth
-Drexel
-Stony Brook
-SUNY Downstate
-University of Vermont
-Hofstra

DO

LECOM
NYCOM
PCOM

I thinking I'm going to need to add a few more schools..any suggestions would be helpful!

If you are interested in having a good shot at MD then you will need to add more schools. I would suggest adding these schools:

Cooper
Creighton
George Washington
Georgetown
Quinnipiac
Jefferson
MCW
Rosalind Franklin
Oakland
Temple

Keep in mind that Georgetown and George Washington receive lots of applications so many people consider them a reach. If you want to cut out schools from this list, I recommend you cut out those two schools.

You'll need a rocking high MCAT to get into OOS public schools, which favor the home team. You're fine so far for low-mid tier MD programs, and any DO program.

Research:

E.C.

Work

Schools

MD

-SUNY Upstate
-Albany Medical College
-SUNY Buffalo
-Commonwealth
-Drexel
-Stony Brook
-SUNY Downstate
-University of Vermont
-Hofstra

DO

LECOM
NYCOM
PCOM