Ok State Class of 2016 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CGH1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see this anywhere else so I thought I'd see if anyone else is applying to ok state? I'm in my senior year of undergrad here and I'm almost finished with my vmcas except for my ps ugh! So any hopeful future pokes out there???

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying! I am OOS though. Loved their easy supplemental :) I wonder how much not requiring the bio GRE will affect their number of applications.

CGH, I didn't realize in your greek thread that you were at OSU. What sorority are you in? Sorry to hijack. Good luck to those that are applying. If you have any questions about the school/town, feel free to PM me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I'm a tri delta! I'm working on the vmcas right now but that ps is killing me!

I was in Phi Mu here when I was in undergrad. If you want a tour of the school or anything, let me know! The PS was the worst part of the whole process for me.

I really wanted to apply to OKSU this year, then I saw in their requirements that sciences have to be within 8 years of applying. I am a non-traditional student, got my BS in 2002, so many of my general science pre-reqs are too old. I have a MS and I work in a pharmaceutical company in R&D. I guess what I am saying is I have always been involved in science, and new technology. Anyone know if they have any leniency on this rule??

I really wanted to apply to OKSU this year, then I saw in their requirements that sciences have to be within 8 years of applying. I am a non-traditional student, got my BS in 2002, so many of my general science pre-reqs are too old. I have a MS and I work in a pharmaceutical company in R&D. I guess what I am saying is I have always been involved in science, and new technology. Anyone know if they have any leniency on this rule??

I would email Robin or Dr. Meinkoth in the admissions office. They should be able to give you the best answer. [email protected] or [email protected]

really no one else is applying to Ok State????

**chirp!**

Can you say baboons?!?! :love:

I do still have to call admissions to check a couple of things though...

I am applying to OK State! I was born in Tulsa, most of my family is from Chouteau area, and my dad graduated from Stillwater so I am a long time fan! I will be applying as an OOS due to an untimely move to WI about 9 years ago though so it will be a little tougher. I would love to get in here and be back in my home state! :love:

Applying as a contract spot. I just decided this a few days ago so...we'll see how it goes!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am applying! I am OOS though. Loved their easy supplemental :) I wonder how much not requiring the bio GRE will affect their number of applications.

So, OKSU doesn't require the BIO GRE? The AAVMC book says they do...

Count me in to the Oklahoma pot this year. :rolleyes: OOS spot, so we'll see! :luck:

I'm applying for an OOS spot! Some of my family live an hour away, so might as well.

I'm applying as an OOS. I decided last minute after realizing they no longer require the Biology portion of the GRE.

I also applied for an OOS spot. I applied last cycle and was waitlisted - hoping for better luck this year! A little worried about how many more applicants they are going to get now that they don't require the Bio GRE, though!!

Anybody know when OK usually sends out interview invites? Couldn't find anything on their website.

They usually send them out in February I believe, early February.

Hi! I'm new to SDN, but I also applied for OSU this year. Just letting you all know there are more of us! Good luck! :)

They usually send them out in February I believe, early February.
Granted it was a couple years ago, but I got my interview invite end of January, and had the interview end of Feb. Last year, the interviews were a little earlier in Feb.

Granted it was a couple years ago, but I got my interview invite end of January, and had the interview end of Feb. Last year, the interviews were a little earlier in Feb.

I guess that's what I was remembering. I had a bunch of friends that received invites I guess the interviews were the first few weeks of February is what I'm remembering. I do know that acceptances are March :) I'm out of state so I don't get an interview.

Hi there! Just popping in to say I'm applying OKSU this cycle, too! :)

I guess that's what I was remembering. I had a bunch of friends that received invites I guess the interviews were the first few weeks of February is what I'm remembering. I do know that acceptances are March :) I'm out of state so I don't get an interview.
Yep, acceptances usually go out the week before Spring Break. OOS people seem to get them before people in Stillwater because Stillwater's mail is so slow.

I currently live in Stillwater, I graduated from OSU this past July :)

I currently live in Stillwater, I graduated from OSU this past July :)
You probably know what I'm talking about with the mail then LOL. It's so weird. A girl that lived 4 houses down from me got her letter on a Wednesday, but I didn't get mine until that Friday.

I didn't receive mail for about a week after I moved into my new apartment. Go figure.

Yep, acceptances usually go out the week before Spring Break. OOS people seem to get them before people in Stillwater because Stillwater's mail is so slow.

Great. So I possibly have the chance of being rejected right before I get my wisdom teeth taken out on Spring Break :laugh:

Great. So I possibly have the chance of being rejected right before I get my wisdom teeth taken out on Spring Break :laugh:
At least they will give you drugs for the teeth?

I also applied, OOS. I haven't heard anything, and hate that you can't check your status on a webpage, *sigh*. I'm really glad that they accept fall 2011 transcripts!

Welcome kanderson! Are you IS or OOS?

Sorry for the late reply! I've been busy with studying and haven't thought to check back on the thread.

I'm IS. I also applied for Mizzou and Oregon State, but if I get accepted here then this is most likely where I'll choose! Now I'm just anxiously waiting to hear about the interview... haha.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply! I've been busy with studying and haven't thought to check back on the thread.

I'm IS. I also applied for Mizzou and Oregon State, but if I get accepted here then this is most likely where I'll choose! Now I'm just anxiously waiting to hear about the interview... haha.

Hey new one! :D I know what you mean about waiting...Oklahoma is driving me crazzyyyy. Hopefully there will be a light at the end of the tunnel though.

Also, just out of curiosity, is your avatar a picture of yourself? I love elephants!

I should totally be paying attention to this thread - I'm an OOS applicant this year.

Also, just out of curiosity, is your avatar a picture of yourself? I love elephants!

Yep, it sure is! My boyfriend and I took an awesome trip to Thailand two summers ago. We volunteered at Elephant Nature Park, a great foundation for domesticated elephants that have been abused or otherwise mistreated. A lot of the poor elephants there have really sad stories, but the park took them in and now they can just be happy!

The website for the foundation is www.elephantnaturefoundation.org, if you're interested!