Ok State Class of 2016 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm going to die now.

Members don't see this ad.

Check your mail! I got my acceptance letter today! I'm IS and I interviewed last Thursday. Good luck everyone!

Check your mail! I got my acceptance letter today! I'm IS and I interviewed last Thursday. Good luck everyone!
Wow that was quick! Congrats! They usually don't send them out so early.

Members don't see this ad :)
YAY!!!! Me too!!! I had no idea what it was since it seemed too early for big news

You guys all live in OK, right?

::commence stalking of mailman::

Did it come in a little envelope again this year?

Yep, sure did! Although it felt thick. And yes, I am in state and I go to Oklahoma State University already.

I also felt it was early, I wasn't expecting to hear for another week or so (the papers they gave us said the letters wouldn't be mailed until March 1-2).

My envelope had a sticker... and was thick to me, since the previous two had one single sheet of paper.

I also had a sticker, which I took to be a good sign, and it was! I have no idea if they put stickers on rejection letters as well.

My envelope had a sticker... and was thick to me, since the previous two had one single sheet of paper.
Mine didn't have a sticker :( What did the sticker look like? I like stickers.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel jipped now though! I like stickers! :) My letter was really thick though, so I kinda had a hunch before I opened it.

I just moved to OK in the past year so I thought the letter was for my OK residency paperwork. I was very excited that it was actually my acceptance! It did have a sticker on the seal though which made me suspicious :)

I think one has. It will probably take a few days for the letters to be distributed across the country. Remember, no mail on Sundays so no need to stalk the mailman today!

Oh lord! They're already sending out stuff? Yay. Something else to add to my stress this week. However, given the length of time it takes for mail to go from Stillwater to the east coast, I shouldn't really have anything to worry about for a couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

Oh lord! They're already sending out stuff? Yay. Something else to add to my stress this week. However, given the length of time it takes for mail to go from Stillwater to the east coast, I shouldn't really have anything to worry about for a couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

Good luck, LMMS!!!!!:luck::xf::luck::xf:

:xf: Crossing my fingers for you LMMS!! Good Luck!!

Good luck LMMS!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Lmms, hoping to see you on the acceptance thread soon :xf::xf::xf::luck: :D

Last edited:
Definitely just joined SDN. On appliaction cycle 2, and things aren't looking so hot. I'm OOS for OK, and crossing my fingers!

Thanks! Freaking out just a bit, haha. Got rejected by my IS second year in a row so it's pretty disheartening. I am, however, waitlisted for Auburn. LOTS of finger crossing here. Not sure how long it'll take a letter to get to Georgia, I'm assuming middle or late this week!

Wonder how long it will take to get to Wyoming... I will now be stalking the mailman...:scared:

So my letter was sent to my parents house, but my dad said it was a very thick envelope from OK state! And it has several pages inside of it! There also was no sticker on it and I am feeling quite jipped! :laugh:(i love stickers!)

So my letter was sent to my parents house, but my dad said it was a very thick envelope from OK state! And it has several pages inside of it! There also was no sticker on it and I am feeling quite jipped! :laugh:(i love stickers!)
Congrats Katie8!

Not west coast yet. Must breathe a lil

Accepted today, OOS student from Pennsylvania. I will be turning it down at this point. Good luck to everyone. Mine was a thick standard envelope with a sticker on the back.

Accepted today, OOS student from Pennsylvania. I will be turning it down at this point. Good luck to everyone. Mine was a thick standard envelope with a sticker on the back.

seriously JIPPED on the sticker!!!!

Ah! Totally going to have an anxiety attack driving home from work. Oklahoma is my [almost] last hope aside from my WL for Auburn! AHHh!

Oh orca... I'm sorry.

But at least it wasn't a rejection?? Btw, answer my pm!!

How positive are you about being able to go to the uk?

Oh orca... I'm sorry.

But at least it wasn't a rejection?? Btw, answer my pm!!

How positive are you about being able to go to the uk?

The only major qualms I have about going to the UK is really the financial side of it since I was laid off recently. I studied abroad there for my junior year, so adjusting isn't really the issue. And then there is the complicated issue in that my ex lives in the UK but I'm in a new relationship now and I don't know what my current bf's thoughts are on the situation. He's supportive and wants me to go, but we haven't talked about it in depth for me to really know how he feels.

True, but my deposit for Glasgow is almost $2000, so I kind of wish I could find out before April 15th cause that's a lot of money to toss away when you don't really have it.
Ouch that's a big deposit!

Just got my rejection letter... but its ok since I know I'm going to my IS. good luck to those waiting.

Well, the letters made it to VA. I just got a thin envelope. Fearing the worst, I tore it open before I even made it inside the house. It wasn't a rejection, but I can't help but cry anyway :oops:. This is my second year on Oklahoma's alternate list and it's my only remaining chance this application cycle.

Congrats to those who received good news and :xf: for those still waiting.

First and foremost - CONGRATS Katie!!!!!!! And Officer, congrats to you as well, but thanks for letting us know you'll be turning them down... Orca - I hear that spot calling your name!!! :whistle:

And now onto this...

Mail made it to PA today!?!? I am now way too :scared: to even go to the gym for a run. I wanna go home and get this over with and I've already missed the train. Next one's not until 6:45pm. DAMN!!!! I am officially freaked out... And that's even if the mailman opted to stop by my place today. AKKK! :scared::scared::scared:

First and foremost - CONGRATS Katie!!!!!!! And Officer, congrats to you as well, but thanks for letting us know you'll be turning them down... Orca - I hear that spot calling your name!!! :whistle:

And now onto this...

Mail made it to PA today!?!? I am now way too :scared: to even go to the gym for a run. I wanna go home and get this over with and I've already missed the train. Next one's not until 6:45pm. DAMN!!!! I am officially freaked out... And that's even if the mailman opted to stop by my place today. AKKK! :scared::scared::scared:

Aaaahhhh i hope you have a wonderful mailbox surprise waiting for you!! And thanks :)

Just for anyone getting nervous, I'm a non-traditional applicant (2nd time applying) and a 3.3 GPA, so don't give up hope (in case youre like me and feared schools would only see the numbers and not the person:))

well, got my teeny tiny rejection letter today :( dang. Now the only thing I'm holding onto is being on the wait list at Auburn. Oh well, there's a reason for everything I guess :/