OKState c/o 2018 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hahaha I thought this too. I imagined you tackling the mailman on the weekend and saying "WHERES MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER?!"

I do know what the mailman looks like... but I don't know where he lives, lol. My letter came three years ago, give or take a few days. Thank jeebles - I have no interest in starting over.

I do remember that specific and not entirely pleasant feeling when I would realize that, yes, that IS the sound of the mail truck coming down my street. And walking slowly to the box, clenching and unclenching my hands, only to sort through a pile of letters and... nope. Not today. Gotta do it again tomorrow.

Thank you!! Yep, it was regular size. It was kind of thick and had a seal on the back too.

The seal is what did it for me. "Whoah, this is thicker than 1-2 pages. Hmm. Oh snap, they put a sticker on it. I bet they don't waste stickers on everyone." While that logic isn't guaranteed... it worked for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I never got a sticker :(

You can have mine. Lol. I'm over it.

I swear there is some innate physical response programmed into my brain, because any time I get a letter with the OKState logo on it (like from the bursar or whatever) it still makes this weird pit-of-the-stomach reaction that must be purely visceral at this point. I'm not sure I'm okay with the process having had that much affect on my psyche.

(I got two :( letters before the :) letter though, so yanno.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am suspicious the stickers are a joke by someone in the office, because every year there are acceptance letters with and without stickers! They probably watch this thread with glee each February!

My question is, are there wait list/rejection letters with stickers?!?

Wish I hadn't stopped by here. Knowing that letters are in the mail is going to drive me crazy tomorrow! Maybe I'll call in sick and just wait by the mailbox....

Only special people get stickers. :whistle:

My mom says I'm special... I'm up way too late studying...

Ha yes, I love my 8 hours and considering the past 2 weeks, I'm surprised I'm functioning.
But congrats to everyone getting in! You're life has been forever changed.

I got an email this morning saying I got in. Is that unusual? I'm beyond excited still!

Reactions: 1 users
Okay they emailed because there are incorrect dates in the snail mail letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email this morning saying I got in. Is that unusual? I'm beyond excited still!
That's awesome!!! Congratulations!! Are you out of state? Maybe they are doing emails for oos? Or something happened with your letter?

Hey guys! I haven't gotten anything via snail mail yet but I did receieve an e-mail this morning with an acceptance attached :D Apparently in the snail mail letter, they mistyped some of the dates so they e-mailed the corrected version. I'm OOS too(FL)

I also got the snail mail letter today, and it had a sticker haha.

Sacha3, do you mind asking what state you're in that you received your letter already? Thanks!

Hey guys! I haven't gotten anything via snail mail yet but I did receieve an e-mail this morning with an acceptance attached :D Apparently in the snail mail letter, they mistyped some of the dates so they e-mailed the corrected version. I'm OOS too(FL)
Have you received the letter in the mail also? Or just the email?

I'm in FL why is the mail taking forever!

Sorry to hear, Shadows. But, waitlist generally moves, so hopefully good news is just delayed. :)
Does anybody have any idea how much the instate waitlist usually moves? I feel like I cant be THAT far down the list (but I'm probably biased :p) but that wont mean much if IS applicants usually accept

Does anybody have any idea how much the instate waitlist usually moves? I feel like I cant be THAT far down the list (but I'm probably biased :p) but that wont mean much if IS applicants usually accept
I feel like I remember Anna saying they waitlist the bottom third of who they would accept plus a few others until spring grades come out. Keep your chin up!

I feel like I remember Anna saying they waitlist the bottom third of who they would accept plus a few others until spring grades come out. Keep your chin up!

That's good news then. Shadowmari, you and I are in for extra waiting :)

The OOS waitlist probably moves more than the IS, but they both usually move at least some, so... sucks you have to wait, but it's not a lost cause just yet.

Sorry about the sticker info... lol. Not trying to mess with anyone's head. :)

The OOS waitlist probably moves more than the IS, but they both usually move at least some, so... sucks you have to wait, but it's not a lost cause just yet.

Sorry about the sticker info... lol. Not trying to mess with anyone's head. :)
I am on the waitlist too

Hey guys I am a third year vet student and I am looking for a roommate for the following year. It is a 2bed/2bath duplex located 5-10 minutes away from campus. Rent is 325/month. Please send me a message if you are interested.

Any accepted or waitlisters coming to open house on Saturday?

The SO and I were going to, but had some family stuff come up. :/

Has anybody heard anything about the waitlist yet? Do they do phone calls mostly?

I heard from a friend of a Senior there that they started calling out today but didn't get a call yet. :nailbiting: I know they call and give like 48 hours so maybe the next round will start in 2 or 3 days.

Has anybody heard anything about the waitlist yet? Do they do phone calls mostly?

Yeah, I received a phone call this morning that a spot opened up from Anna Teague. I missed the call but she followed it up with an email, giving me a response deadline by 5pm tomorrow. I am still thinking about it, but leaning towards declining it.

Goodluck tho!

:) I got accepted!!! Anna called me today around 3!! I'm so excited!

Was just talking to my mom last week and told her I was starting my application for the next cycle, but I got a packet yesterday saying I'm going to school in August! Guess we'll have to reconsider our wedding date...