OKState c/o 2018 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Awesome!

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm going over the booklist and all I see are dollar signs! :eek: Which books do we actually NEED to buy in y'all's opinion?

So I'm going over the booklist and all I see are dollar signs! :eek: Which books do we actually NEED to buy in y'all's opinion?

For first year? Eh. Dyce, Miller's. The phys textbook really depends on if you need to read a textbook to help you learn, and even so, it's on hold at the library so you should be able to get your paws on it there.

You'll have to have Miller's because you follow it for dissections in anatomy. Dyce you may need because there are reading assignments from it. Wheater's I think you could do fine without, or get a cheap copy from an upperclassman.

Members don't see this ad :)
First semester all I got was dyce and dog dissection guide. Colorado state has a really nice website for dog anatomy. You should be able to get the cd for histo on the I drive which probably helps more than the book, but I didn't buy the book. I didn't buy the phys books, but I've heard any phys book would help for 1 and 2. I got by with just resources from the professors. You'll definitely need dissection tools, but if you have some from under grad those should be fine. I would recommend finding a cheap lab coat or one from undergrad for anatomy, but you'll need 2 for second semester, and some decent gloves (I used just over a box first semester and half a box second semester.) And a lock if you want a locker to keep scrubs or whatnot in. Highly recommend a stethoscope for first semester for zootech, but if you can't budget for it they'll have some crappy ones you can use, or borrow a classmates if you don't mind sharing ear grossness. A yellow quick thermometer is nice, but not extremely necessary, as well as a pen light.

P.s. price check amazon, school, and upperclassmen for books... Definitely didn't pay what was listed on the price sheet.

Just got an email about your alls white coat ceremony. Are you guys getting excited?!

Second time around. Here's hoping for good luck this year! :)

Reactions: 1 user