old aamc practice tests for future use

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alt91119

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to have access to the old aamc practice tests. However, the website says that they will only be available to access until 1/31. Is there any way to have them for longer? Ie can I somehow download them or get a pdf copy or? I don't want to spend the money if there isn't. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you can download a pdf copy of the test itself. If you do download the pdf, you can't take the computerized version anymore. Also, there is no good way to download the answers/explanations besides screenshotting like hundreds of screens.

Try "Save Frame As..." or "Save Page As..." or "Save As..." for each page of the test (total of like 27 pages per test) using the Tutor modes of the tests which have a question mark on top left of each question; test whether the pages open Offline.
So when you take the exams, open all 27 pages and it will be ALMOST EXACTLY the same as taking the actual CBT - you'll have to use your own stopwatch and no tutorial.
pressing the question mark gives the solution with AAMC's explanation

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't understand this. On the test, there's no file options to save anything.
When you download the pdf, you cannot download the answer keys.

So I don't know what you're talking about

Yes, you can download a pdf copy of the test itself. If you do download the pdf, you can't take the computerized version anymore. Also, there is no good way to download the answers/explanations besides screenshotting like hundreds of screens.

Are you able to do this for the self assessment packages??

Absolutely download the PDF version of the current practice tests. This will be go GOLD when studying for the new test because the info on the old test is still relevant for the new test and the AAMC is only releasing one, I repeat ONE (the one that is out now), new practice test for almost the rest of the year. The AAMC is still the AAMC and after looking through the new test their style is not changing too much, so taking the old practice tests will help you get in tune with their style of asking questions and their difficulty (of course also while testing your content knowledge to an extent and your overall application skills).

Absolutely download the PDF version of the current practice tests. This will be go GOLD when studying for the new test because the info on the old test is still relevant for the new test and the AAMC is only releasing one, I repeat ONE (the one that is out now), new practice test for almost the rest of the year. The AAMC is still the AAMC and after looking through the new test their style is not changing too much, so taking the old practice tests will help you get in tune with their style of asking questions and their difficulty (of course also while testing your content knowledge to an extent and your overall application skills).
Which is key... Success on this exam is 50% dependent on knowing the material, 50% dependent on knowing the exam. While the subject matter will add a bit, the writing of the exam isn't going to change much if at all. You'll still need to reason through answer choices in the same way the current exam requires, which is great practice for that task. If you can get a hold of the older, longer, paper based exams, those will also be good practice for both reasoning and test taking stamina.

Also as for answers for the old exams, a lot of test prep companies (Kaplan, Princeton Review, etc.) wrote up explanations for the answers. All of those are pdf so that may be an easier way to get answers to old exams.