old and new mcat dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sashka1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
so AAMC came out with a chart detailing which MD school will accept or not accept the old mcat in next year's (2015-2016) cycle.
https://www.aamc.org/students/download/398586/data/mcatexampolicy.pdf

is there an equivalent one for DO schools out there? sometimes i wish i was born a year or two earlier, lol
thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Nah unfortunately most of the DO stuff is not nearly as organized. You will have to go look at each school that you are interested in, as far as I know. It should be easy to find on each school's website though.

I
Nah unfortunately most of the DO stuff is not nearly as organized. You will have to go look at each school that you are interested in, as far as I know. It should be easy to find on each school's website though.

I don't know any school that won't take old mcat. Do u

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as I know, all of them will still take old scores up to 1 or 2 years old. The difference being that some schools give a 1 year grace period while others give 2.

However, I solidified down on my list of schools a long time ago and since I never ran into this new vs old MCAT issue, I am not absolutely sure of it. But as far as I have heard, most will take both for at least 1 year.

ok awesome, thanks. i wanted to make sure i didn't miss a giant organized chart showing all this info being released by DO schools. i didn't really think DO schools would penalize us by being born 1 year too early/late haha

As long as its within 3 yrs it shouldn't matter for DO schools.

Even in that chart, there is only 1 MD school requiring the new MCAT for the 2016 cycle, and something like 19 that that require it in the 2017 cycle (something like 13% of MD schools). Beyond that, all should expect applicants to have taken the new one, because in the 2018 cycle, it will have been 3 years of the new MCAT.