Old MCAT Review Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psp251

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry for posting here, but I tried the MCAT Discussions section with no luck and wanted to see if you guys are going through a similar issue:

I'm taking the MCAT on 1/25 and I've suddenly come to the realization that my review materials might not be up to date, since I bought them used. My Berkeley Review Physics book is from 2009 and my Berkeley Review General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Biology are from 2010. I was wondering if there have been significant updates/changes over the past 4-5 years. Is there anything in particular I should be aware of? Thank you so much for any input; the test is in a week and I guess I just want to make sure that I go in with up-to-date information.

Members don't see this ad.

You should be fine. There are no significant changes to the MCAT that I'm aware of since that time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those books are very high-yield and have great practice problems, despite being published a few years ago.

If you're still worried, skim through the AAMC content outline and check-off the topics you've covered.

GL