OMFS Internship Opportunities - POST HERE ONLY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The Indiana University Dental Anesthesia Fellowship program is accepting applications for 1 position for the 2015-16 academic year. The position begins July 1st. The dental anesthesia fellows are under the IU School of Medicine Department of Anesthesia at Eskenazi Hospital. The fellows are expected to administer anesthesia in a wide variety of cases, ranging from general surgery, plastics, and ENT to orthopedics, OBGYN and ophthalmology. Fellows receive PGY-1 pay and benefits. Our past fellows have a strong history of getting in to oral surgery and dental anesthesia programs. If interested in applying, please send a CV to [email protected]
Hi IUDENTANES,
Do you know if they take international graduated dentist?
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys ... I'm international graduated dentist ... Anyone can help me to find OMFS Internship program to join it.

Please contact with me my e-mail: [email protected]

I appreciate any help

THANKS IN ADVANCE ..

Loma Linda University Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Research Fellowship position available.

It is not an internship per say, but you get involved with research and can do clinical stuff on the side.

Send application to either [email protected] or [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Good afternoon,

This is Dr. W and I am one of the chief residents at the Lutheran Medical Center TMJ/Orofacial pain program (TMJ/Sleep Apnea appliances/Botox/etc) in Brooklyn NY. We are currently accepting applications for the upcoming 2015 cycle (Starting this July 1 2015). Our program is very heavy clinically and you get a stipend of 61k/year (PGY-1) and 66k(PGY-2) and there is NO tuition. Please message me with any other questions you have, our program is the most sought after TMJ program in the country and the position will be filled in the next month. Look forward to hearing back from you and have a great day.
Here is a link to our program website: http://lmcdental.lmcmc.com/programs/ofp

Detroit Receiving Hospital/Wayne State University department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery has recently received funding for an additional intern position for the 2015-2016 year.

Our program covers multiple level one hospitals, as well as a VA and dental school which makes for a busy program with heavy case loads. Interns function at the same level as first year residents covering clinic, call, as well as OR cases. Interns are exposed to a broad scope of procedures: dentoalveolar, implants, pre-prosthetic surgery, trauma, benign pathology, participation in Head and neck tumor boards.

Applicants need to be highly motivated, energetic, and eager to learn. A desire to complete a formal OMS residency following the intern year is a must. Upon completion of the intern year, an applicant will be a strong candidate for residency and will be well prepared for the rigors of day to day hospital and clinic based OMS.

Any interested applicants should email [email protected] for more information. Please include CV, references, personal statement, and board scores / USMLE CBSE exam scores (if applicable).

Hello everybody

My name is Mohammed Mahri and
please, I am contacting you today in regard OMS internship/fellowship/research program. I had finished my Bachelor degree in dental surgery. Currently, I am working as a resident at the department of OMS at the School of Dental Medicine of Jazan University in cooperation with King Fahd Hospital in Saudi Arabia. where I have received a scholarship that will cover related expenses for OMFS internship/fellowship/research program.

Kindly, I would like to know if anyone knows any universitys/hospitals give opportunity to practice either internship,fellowship,or research.

Thank you so much.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all
St John Providence OMFS is getting ready to interview for 2 non categorical internship positions. It is a hard but rewarding year, you will do almost everything the categorical residents do.
Requirements (there is no flexibility): Graduated from a US/ Canadian Dental school, Valid MI dental license (NERB or other board plus written nerb), NPI number, personal DEA number, smart phone, reliable car
You'll staff the UDM OMS clinic (dentoalveolar, path, sedation, implants) on your A week, B week you'll be the 'oral surgeon' for a FQHC. Outside of this you will round, attend academic lectures/ confrences, take call, staff OR cases... Its long hours and lots of driving but YOU WILL LEARN. we have a great bunch of guys here
If interested please email me at: [email protected] with your CV- personel qualified will be extended interview invites by the internship director

Hello:

UMKC in Kansas City, Missouri is looking to fill internship positions. Interns work in the extraction clinic everyday, take call at Truman Medical Center and Children's Mercy Hospital (5-7 in house calls/month on average), prepare presentations for didactics, and do everything that a 1st year resident does except for IV sedation/anesthesia rotation. The residents and attendings are helpful and friendly. Most importantly, the resident lounge offers free and unlimited coffee and pepsi products. Please feel free to email [email protected] and include pertinent documents such as board scores, dental school transcripts, and letters of recommendation. Thank you for your time and consideration.

St John Providence OMFS is still interviewing for non categorical OMFS intern positions
Requirements (there is no flexibility): Graduated from a US/ Canadian Dental school, Valid MI dental license (NERB or other board plus written nerb), NPI number, personal DEA number, smart phone, reliable car
You'll staff the UDM OMS clinic (dentoalveolar, path, sedation, implants) on your A week, B week you'll be the 'oral surgeon' for a FQHC. Outside of this you will round, attend academic lectures/ confrences, take call, staff OR cases... Its long hours and lots of driving but YOU WILL LEARN. we have a great bunch of guys here
If interested please email me at: [email protected] with your CV- personel qualified will be extended interview invites by the internship director

The Beth Israel Medical Center/Jacobi Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program annually offers OMFS internship positions. These one year positions are designed for the candidates that are genuinely interested in pursuing an OMFS residency and would like to experience a full scope OMFS residency. We currentl;y have onwe open position to begin on July 1, 2015.

Duties will include: clinic coverage, on call coverage, ER, OR and inpatient management of OMFS patients. Interns will also attend all didactic departmental conferences. Jacobi/BI/AECOM sponsors a 6 year OMFS program with 2 resident positions/year. The North Bronx Healthcare Network (Jacobi and North Central Bronx Hospital) where the intern will spend the majority of his/her time, encompasses a busy Level 1 Trauma Center in the Eastern Bronx. Our residents (GPR, Pediatric Dentistry, and OMFS) manage over 35,000 out patient visits per year. The OMFS interns are an integral part of the patient care team. Many of our past interns were successful in matching with OMFS programs immediately following completion of the internship.

Successful candidates will be bright, self motivated and eager to become part of a dynamic OMFS team. Additionally they will have completed at least a PGY-1 GPR or AEGD before the start of the program. The OMFS internships are fully funded positions. Salaries start at the PGY-2 level. Interested parties should contact the NBHN Dental / OMFS Administrator, Lisandra Santana ([email protected]).

Baylor Dallas has a spot that has opened for immediate start. See thread on this forum, or contact me for further details.

Banner/University of Arizona OMFS Residency (Phoenix, AZ) has just been approved for a non categorical pgy1 position and we are looking for an intern. The intern will have the opportunity to spend a lot of time in the operating room, place a bunch of implants, and take trauma call. Essentially the plan is for them to receive the same training as a first year resident. If you are interested in this position or know anyone who is interested in this position please let me know! We are looking for someone who could start in the next month.

My email is [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still looking for an intern spot?

Reactions: 1 users
OMFS Internship - Immediate Opening at University of Maryland Medical Center. ONE non-categorical internship position is available immediately until June 30,2016. E-mail your CV and personal statement to <[email protected]>
:ninja:

Last edited:
Jacobi Medical Center has an opening for an OMFS intern position. The position is for the academic year and will be completed on June 30, 2016. Completion of a GPR or AEGD is a requirement. Interested parties should send a CV and personal statement to [email protected].

You can see previous posts in this thread for a description of our internship program.

There is a new OMFS internship opening at the Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, IL, effective immediately. This is an excellent opportunity with duties equivalent to the PGY-1 resident (with the exception of not having an anesthesia rotation). Our interns have an excellent rate of matching to OMFS residencies after the completion of their internship here. Please see the "program overview" post on 9/7/2014, which has a good overview of the residency from one of our residents. Here is our website for more information:

https://carleconnect.com/gme/omfs.aspx

The difference now from the preivous program overview post is that we are taking 2 noncategorical interns per year, meaning Q3Days of call. If interested, please contact our residency coordinator, Christine Johnson, at [email protected] (phone number is 217-326-1297). Please send a 2x2 photo, CV, personal statement, x3 letters of recommendation, and dental school transcripts. Must be eligible to have Illinois state dental licensure.

Hello everyone
My name is Mohammed Mahri.
please, I am contacting you today in regard OMS internship/fellowship/research program. I had finished my Bachelor degree in dental surgery. Currently, I am working as a resident at the department of OMS at the School of Dental Medicine of Jazan University in cooperation with King Fahd Hospital in Saudi Arabia. where I have received a scholarship that will cover all related expenses for OMFS internship/fellowship/research program.

Kindly, I would like to know if anyone knows any universitys/hospitals give opportunity to practice either internship,fellowship,or research.

Thank you so much.

Hello everyone
My name is Mohammed Mahri.
please, I am contacting you today in regard OMS internship/fellowship/research program. I had finished my Bachelor degree in dental surgery. Currently, I am working as a resident at the department of OMS at the School of Dental Medicine of Jazan University in cooperation with King Fahd Hospital in Saudi Arabia. where I have received a scholarship that will cover all related expenses for OMFS internship/fellowship/research program.

Thank you so much.

Hi Mohammed,
You can look through various OMS internship programs through this link. It also tells you if the programs accept international students.
http://programpages.passweb.org/search

Best of luck

MetroHealth Main Campus OMFS in Cleveland, Ohio has an opening for a non-categorical intern beginning July 1 2016 and finishing in June 2017. We currently have two attendings, and two non-categorical interns on-service.
Despite our small numbers, we are still full scope and present a unique opportunity to anyone interested in OMFS. Since we do not currently have program-affiliated residents, the interns are covering clinic, assisting in the OR at least once per week, and gaining experience with IV sedations. We are full scope: we have seen trauma, pathology, reconstruction, dentoalveolar, TMJ, and orthognathic. The hospital has a GPR clinic also which takes dental call. Its an ideal situation to gain experience across the various subspecialties while honing skills with extractions, particarly wisdom teeth.

If you are interested in the position, please e-mail us at [email protected] with your CV or any questions so that we can set up an interview

Baylor OMFS non-categorical intern position for 2016-2017

-This is a 1 year paid internship position where 11 months will be spent on the OMFS service, with 1 month dedicated to Anesthesia(to allow IV sedation privileges).
-2 positions are available. You are treated as a full resident with the same OR and clinic duties and privileges. You will do 3rds, implants, partake in traumas and OR cases you work up, as well as take call as any other resident. In the recent past, multiple interns have matched into our 6 year track.
-The position is from from July 1-June 30.
-Is only available to those pursuing a residency in OMFS

Requirements

-Current or able to obtain Texas dental licensure
-If in current PASS application, send your application to Baylor
-If not,

· 3 letters of recommendation
· boards scores
· CBSE score report if taken
· Original dental school transcripts

Once the above are sent, please verify their receipt with Heather Zimmerman, and contact her the day of match(January 25,2016) to purse those positions.
[email protected]

Case Western/University Hospitals Cleveland Non-Categorical Internship 2016-2017

-1 year paid position at Case Western in Cleveland
-Officially July 1 to June 30, but historically interns have started early and then finished early with time to transition to new program

Responsibilities include:
-Running resident clinic
-Taking primary call 3-4 days per month
-Managing hospital patients

Our program is very busy but provides a full scope experience including Level 1 trauma. Our non-categoricals have an excellent track record in matching the year after their one year internship. We have been very considerate in providing ample time for CBSE/application preparation as well as time off for interviews. We are also based in a very affordable city with a wide range of housing opportunities close to campus.

If you are interested, please send your resume to our program chair Dr. Dale Baur DDS at [email protected]. We can also answer any questions about our program and this opportunity via private message on SDN.

4 positions available

Hello Friends:
Are you tired, rundown, or listless?
Do you poop out at parties?
Are you unpopular?

The answer to all your problems could be at University of Missouri, Kansas City. With this internship you can increase your chances to match the following year (all interns the last 2 years have matched). Duties will include:
- In-house call (5-7/month on average depending on personel)
- Weekly didactics and monthly journal club
- Work in a dentoalveolar clinic ( 2 positions at UMKC SOD, 2 positions in Hospital clinic, call same for both)
- Handle scheduling for OR
- Manage inpatients at Truman Medical Center

Very Trauma heavy program, No microvascular

Red Shirts are treated no different than other interns with exception you will not do the anesthesia rotation. Hospital positions will have the chance to go to OR

Please send CV, LOR, PASS app summary in PDF form, and CBSE score to [email protected]

Last edited:
Mississippi OMS 1 yr position open
- same role as PGY1
- full scope minus cancer
- great resident core
- q3 trauma call every 3 weeks
- dental call weekly
- 4/6yr spots
- contact Wilson Jing [email protected]
- tradition of interns matching to our residency :) (2/3)

Loma Linda University Research Fellowship Position

-This is a 1 year paid position starting July 1st, 2016 to June 30th, 2017
-Research is your primary responsibility, but clinical opportunities are available
-Not a typical internship, but 3/3 of the past research fellows have matched to OMFS programs :)
-Applicants with a research background will be competitive

Please send inquiries for applications to Victoria Quihuis at [email protected], or if you have questions please PM me!

UMTB at Galveston OMFS 1 Year Non-Categorical Internship Position

- Paid with full benefits
- Treated as first year resident with duties in clinics and OR
- Q3 week dental/trauma call
- Program focused on dentoalveolar, trauma, implants (including multiple zygomatic implant cases), benign pathology and infections
- Weekly didactic schedule with resident and faculty run lectures
- Galveston island has low cost of living on the Gulf
- Short drive to Houston and Hobby International Airport

Please send resume/CV to resident coordinator Dustin Defee at [email protected]

Position has been filled. Thanks to all that applied.

Hello All,

I am interested in a 1 year OMFS internship position.

I have been out of school for 2 years. Fluent in English and Spanish.

I am looking for any available positions for the coming 2016-2017 years.

Thank you

Dr 561973321

[edit]

feel free to shoot me a PM or an email. Thanks!

UTMB 1 Year Internship Position (non-categorical)

We are currently taking applications for our internship position for the 2016-2017 year. We maintain a 4-year, traditional scope oral and maxillofacial surgery program. Currently, we accept one resident and one non-categorical intern per year.

Traditional Scope Program
- dentoalveolar, orthognathics, benign pathology, implants, trauma, and maxillofacial infections
- Call would be rotated between the intern, 2nd year resident, and 3rd year resident
  • Call for maxillofacial injury is rotated every 3rd day with OMFS, ENT, and Plastics
New Faculty member, Dr. Cesar Guerrero
  • With the addition of Dr. Guerrero, we have expanded our scope of practice
  • Dr. Guerrero is internationally recognized as a leader in distraction osteogenesis, maxillofacial reconstruction, zygomatic implants and correction of severe craniofacial deformities
Additional Information
- Weekly didactic schedule includes lectures given by both faculty and residents
- Dedicated OR on Wednesdays and Fridays, Clinics on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays
- Paid position with full benefits

For more information, please visit our website: http://www.utmb.edu/surgery/oral/oral_residency.asp

UTMB 1 Year Internship Position (non-categorical)

We are currently taking applications for our internship position for the 2016-2017 year. We maintain a 4-year, traditional scope oral and maxillofacial surgery program. Currently, we accept one resident and one non-categorical intern per year.

Traditional Scope Program
- dentoalveolar, orthognathics, benign pathology, implants, trauma, and maxillofacial infections
- Call would be rotated between the intern, 2nd year resident, and 3rd year resident
  • Call for maxillofacial injury is rotated every 3rd day with OMFS, ENT, and Plastics
New Faculty member, Dr. Cesar Guerrero
  • With the addition of Dr. Guerrero, we have expanded our scope of practice
  • Dr. Guerrero is internationally recognized as a leader in distraction osteogenesis, maxillofacial reconstruction, zygomatic implants and correction of severe craniofacial deformities
Additional Information
- Weekly didactic schedule includes lectures given by both faculty and residents
- Dedicated OR on Wednesdays and Fridays, Clinics on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays
- Paid position with full benefits

For more information, please visit our website: http://www.utmb.edu/surgery/oral/oral_residency.asp

Thank you for the overwhelming amount of applications, the position has been filled. Good luck to everyone!

To OMFS Applicants,
Cook County Hospital OMFS in downtown Chicago currently has 2 open non-categorical internship positions available for 2016-2017 year beginning July 1. Interns are treated the same as categorical first year residents in terms of clinic and call expectations.

If interested please email : [email protected]

Please state your experience level, if you applied to Pass/Match, and include CV, CBSE, 2x2 photo, and any additional supporting documents you may have.

For more information, visit cookcountyomfs.com

Thank you,

CCH OMFS

St John Providence (Detroit) OMFS is interviewing for TWO non categorical OMFS intern positions

You'll staff the UDM OMS clinic (dentoalveolar, path, sedation, implants) on your A week, on your B week you'll be the 'oral surgeon' for a FQHC. Outside of this you will round, attend academic lectures/ confrences, take call, staff OR cases... Its long hours and lots of driving but YOU WILL LEARN. we have a great bunch of residents here

If interested please email me at: w[email protected] with your CV- those qualified will be extended interview invites by the internship director in the next few weeks

Jacobi/Beth Israel OMFS internship program:

I just wanted to share my experience as a current OMFS intern at Jacobi/Beth Israel. This program has helped me solidify my career path into OMFS. This program expects a lot from their interns, but you are learning and becoming a better surgeon each day. The attendings are extremely approachable, knowledgeable and are amazing people to learn from. I am now competent in third molar extractions (impacted) under local anesthesia and under IV conscious sedation, biopsies, and MMF.I have been brought into the OR on a weekly basis and participated in the OR with trauma (ORIF of facial fractures),pathology (split thickness grafts/full thickness flaps, bone grafts, mandibular resections, endosseous, zygomatic implants,etc.),orthognathic and even cancer patients. The program is unique in its integration of Plastics, ENT and Orthodontists. As 2nd call for general practice residents you get the opportunity to teach. As an intern you are treated as a first year resident and are expected to participate and attend all lectures, grand rounds, and conferences. Three interns have successfully matched this year. I highly recommend this program to anyone with a strong work ethic that is serious about applying to OMFS programs. Here is the link for more info:
http://www.jacobidental.org/omfs/omfs_internships.html

Last edited:
are there any internship positions still available?

Hello all -

Nassau University Medical Center (Long Island, NY) will likely have a one year Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery internship position available starting July 1, 2016. The intern will function as a first year resident and will have all the same responsibilities. Call will be shared evenly among all the resident and focuses heavily on trauma. We are a small program and a close knit group. Our attendings are very approachable and they create an environment conducive to learning. You will gain excellent experience in the various facets of the Oral and Maxillofacial specialty. We are looking for motivated individuals who have either completed a one year accredited residency and/or have an active dental license. Below is a brief overview and breakdown of the 4 years.

The Medical Center offers a four-year, single degree, fully accredited curriculum with comprehensive training in the specialty of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The program, which accommodates one resident each year, offers sequential training in the full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial procedures. Some areas of excellence associated with the training program are:

1. Trauma Care (Level I Trauma Center)
  2. Orthognathic Surgery
  3. Preprosthetic Surgery
  4. Implant Service
  5. Oral Pathology
  6. Oncology Care
  7. Dentoalveolar Surgery
  8. Temporomandibular Joint Surgery
  9. Reconstructive Surgery
  10. Strong Off-service Rotations

FIRST YEAR

First-year residents are clinically responsible for learning outpatient, inpatient, and operating room protocols. They learn the basic principles of surgery and begin to attain proficiency by observing and performing outpatient and operating room procedures. Emergency night and weekend call is shared and a number of inpatients are admitted and worked up by the first-year resident. In addition to attending all conferences and staff meetings, the first-year didactic program consists of a comprehensive course in Physical Diagnosis, sponsored by the Department of Medicine and the Stony Brook Medical School, a yearlong Pathology Lecture Series and starts the first month of their five-month anesthesia rotation.

SECOND YEAR

Second-year residents begin to apply their knowledge and skills in a more independent manner via administering pre-, intra-, and post-operative care. Teaching assignments and emergency room coverage are also part of their duties. A five-month rotation through the Department of Anesthesiology takes place in this second year during which residents administer various anesthetics to surgical patients on a daily basis, acquire skills in medical risk assessment, and gain knowledge in the principles of general anesthesia, including physiology, anatomy, and pharmacology. After completion of this rotation, residents participate in a two-month rotation through the Department of Medicine. The emphasis is on the diagnostic and therapeutic modalities administered to patients with multi-systems failure and who are in need of acute and intensive medical care.

THIRD YEAR

Third-year residents assume increased responsibilities as well as continuing to share emergency call. A four-month rotation through the Department of Surgery is completed this year, during which time the resident obtains skills in the care and management of the multiple-trauma patient, emergency room triage, management and care of the head and neck patient, as well as other multidisciplinary approaches to patient care. An additional month is spent in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit with special attention directed to the acute diagnostic and therapeutic care rendered to the traumatized and critically injured patient. This is also supplemented by a one-month equivalent rotation through the ENT service. There is significant exposure to inpatient, outpatient and Emergency Room ENT diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, case management and applied surgical anatomy. Third-year residents also rotate to our private hospital affiliate (Winthrop University Hospital) for a wide range of elective cases.

FOURTH YEAR
The chief resident (fourth year) spends twelve months on service with no off-service rotations and takes on major responsibilities, including supervising and coordinating a large portion of the clinical and didactic activities. The chief resident has the time to hone his or her skills by performing major oral and maxillofacial procedures in a wide variety of areas, and has the leadership responsibility of disseminating knowledge to other residents via conferences, rounds, and structured didactic programs. He or she is enrolled in a Head and Neck Anatomy course as well as a yearlong Clinical Pathology Lecture Series in order to fine tune his clinical and academic skills. In addition, this resident has had the opportunity to travel to South America and participate in Cleft Lip and Palate Care with the Heal the Children Foundation. The fourth-year chief also rotates for one month to our private hospital affiliate (North Shore-Long Island Jewish Hospital), as well as to another private hospital affiliate (Winthrop University Hospital) in order to augment their elective case mix. They also go to their private offices where he or she is involved in practice management as well as pre- and post-operative care.

All interested applicants please send your CV and contact information to:

Adam Semanoff
[email protected]
R2, PGY-3

We will be in touch!

The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania offers a one year internship for those looking to gain more experience in OMFS and strengthen your CV. The program is currently accepting applications to fill intern slot for the 2016-17 academic year starting at end of June 2016. Selected interns will function at the level of a first year resident. Interns will rotate between our four major facilities: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, The Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania, and University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine.

Those interested in applying, please e-mail CV, LOR, PASS (if applicable), NBME to [email protected]. Questions regarding the application can be directed via e-mail.

Thanks for your attention.

Last edited:
Stroger Hospital of Cook County Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery has an additional opening for one non-categorical internship position starting this July 1st , 2016.

To apply please contact [email protected] and [email protected] and visit our website:
http://www.cookcountyomfs.com/p/internship_28.html

Interns will participate in taking oral & maxillofacial surgery call, treat patients in our outpatient clinic (dentoalveolar, sedations, implants, closed reductions, facial lesions/lacerations, etc.) and be involved in cases in the operating room. In addition, interns will also engage in off-service rotations with the departments of Anesthesia and Medicine. If you are looking towards a future in the field of oral & maxillofacial surgery this is a great opportunity.

Hi,

I am looking for an internship spot opening (mostly in NY). I did not apply to Match/Pass and do not have access to the open spots available. Can someone please post the open spots available?

Thank you!

Dent011

Hi there,

I'm looking for an internship position as well anywhere, I have a scholarship that will cover the internship expenses. Yet, I'm required to be on a j1 visa.

Thank you.
Abdullah

[email protected]

MetroHealth Main Campus OMFS in Cleveland, Ohio has an opening for a non-categorical intern beginning July 1 2016 and finishing in June 2017. We currently have two attendings, and two non-categorical interns on-service.
Despite our small numbers, we are still full scope and present a unique opportunity to anyone interested in OMFS. Since we do not currently have program-affiliated residents, the interns are covering clinic, assisting in the OR at least once per week, and gaining experience with IV sedations. We are full scope: we have seen trauma, pathology, reconstruction, dentoalveolar, TMJ, and orthognathic. The hospital has a GPR clinic also which takes dental call. Its an ideal situation to gain experience across the various subspecialties while honing skills with extractions, particarly wisdom teeth.

If you are interested in the position, please e-mail us at [email protected] with your CV or any questions so that we can set up an interview

The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at The Augusta University formerly (Medical College of Georgia), Dental College of Georgia, offers a non-categorical internship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The Internship is a full-time position, with a provided stipend, and is a one-year program that will begin July 1, and end June 30. Two Interns will be accepted to the program each year.

The Program is under the direction of Henry Ferguson, DMD, Program Director, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.

The program focuses on the advanced study of the diagnosis and intrusive and adjunctive treatment of diseases, injuries, and defects of the oral and maxillofacial regions, including functional,and aesthetic aspects. It includes instruction in pharmacology, analgesia, anesthesia, anxiety control, surgical procedures and techniques, surgical instrumentation, exodontia, oral diseases and malfunctions, soft and hard tissue pathology, dentoalveolar surgery, infection management, and prosthetic implantation.

Objectives of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Internship Program:

Develop expertise in evaluating, treatment planning and managing complex surgical cases.
Increased working knowledge of advanced surgical techniques.
Enhanced working knowledge of and experience in managing surgical complications.
Develop a high level of surgical competence in managing compromised patients.
Increase in exposure to interdisciplinary treatment planning associated with dental implants.
Increased exposure to interdisciplinary treatment planning.

To apply and for further information contact Augusta University Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Program
Please contact us
706-721-2411
[email protected]

Immediate Opening for 1 year OMFS Internship Position at Cook County Hospital

Hello,

The Cook County Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in Chicago has an additional opening for one non-categorical internship position effective immediately. The position will end in June 2017.

Please contact [email protected] and [email protected]
Please cc any emails to [email protected]

For more information, visit our website:
http://www.cookcountyomfs.com/p/internship_28.html

Interns will participate in taking oral & maxillofacial surgery call, treat patients in our outpatient clinic (dentoalveolar, sedations, implants, closed reductions, facial lesions/lacerations, etc.) and be involved in cases in the operating room. In addition, interns will also engage in off-service rotations with the departments of Anesthesia and Medicine. If you are looking towards a future in the field of oral & maxillofacial surgery this is a great opportunity.

Thank you,

CCH OMFS

UPDATE:

Thank you to the SDN members who replied to us. The position at this time has been filled.

Last edited:
Is there any available OMS Internship for this year ??

Thank you in advance

Hello Friends:

Due to unforeseen circumstances the University of Missouri, Kansas City has noncategorical intern level positions available starting immediately for the 2016-2017 academic year.

Noncategorical interns function exactly like a 1st year resident, except they do not participate in the anesthesia rotation, nor do they perform IV sedations. Interns will run the outpatient clinic 5 days per week, round in the morning, manage inpatients, take no more than 7 in-house calls per month, and participate in weekly lectures and monthly journal club meetings.

Red shirt - 4 spots
4 year – 1 spot
6 year – 2 spots

Faculty:
Brett Ferguson, DDS – chairman
Thaer Daifallah, DDS – program director, cosmetic fellowship
Steven Prstojevich, MD, DDS – cosmetic fellowship
Ronald McAmis, DDS – clinic professor
Robert Kern, DDS – trauma fellowship
Scott Barber, DDS – clinic professor

Scope:
-Mostly trauma (mandible, ZMC, orbital floor, frontal sinus, NOE, etc.)
-1-5 orthognathics per month
-Sprinkle in a few I&D and tooth extractions under GA
-Very few gland removals, tracheotomies to create a tracheostomy, TMJ (arthroscopy/arthrocentesis, total joint replacement)
-Craniofacial/clefts are only done as PGY4 for 2 months
-No cancer

If you are interested please feel free to send a PDF summary of your PASS application to [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected]. Alternatively you can send a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, passport style photograph and any letters of recommendation to the aforementioned e-mail addresses.

Naturally intern life is hard. You can’t just set it and forget it like some infomercials will have you to believe. But this is a great opportunity to bulk up your resume for the next application cycle. If you respond within the next 1 week you will receive a complimentary return email! This position is available immediately, so there is no reason to wait. Respond now and all it will cost is 12 easy payments of 1 month of your lives!

Internship opportunity for July 1, 2017-June 30, 2018:

The Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center / Jacobi Medical Center / Albert Einstein College of Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program annually offers several OMFS internship positions. These one year positions are designed for the candidates that are genuinely interested in pursuing an OMFS residency and would like to experience a full scope OMFS residency.

Duties will include: clinic coverage, on call coverage, ER, OR and inpatient management of OMFS patients. Interns will also attend all didactic departmental conferences.

Jacobi/BI/AECOM sponsors a 6 year OMFS program with 2 resident positions / year. The North Bronx Healthcare Network (Jacobi and North Central Bronx Hospital) where the intern will spend the majority of his/her time, encompasses a busy Level 1 Trauma Center in the Eastern Bronx. Our residents (GPR, Pediatric Dentistry, and OMFS) manage over 35,000 out-patient visits per year. In addition to our 6-year residents, we annually accept several OMFS interns. The OMFS interns are an integral part of the patient care team. The majority of our past interns were successful in matching with OMFS programs immediately following completion of the internship.

Successful candidates will be bright, self-motivated and eager to become part of a dynamic OMFS team. Additionally they will have completed at least a PGY-1 GPR or AEGD before the start of the program. The OMFS internships are fully funded positions. Salaries start at the PGY-2 level.

If you have applied to our residency program, we can simply activate your existing application for consideration immediately following the match. If you have not previously applied to our program, please email your CV and any available academic information (transcripts etc.). Interested parties should contact our departmental administrator Lisandra Santana ([email protected]).

Hi,

I am just wondering if you get to place implants as a non-categorical intern at your program. Also, how comfortable do you get with impacted third extraction?
Thanks for the help.

Dedemed

The Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center / Jacobi Medical Center / Albert Einstein College of Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program annually offers several OMFS internship positions. These one year positions are designed for the candidates that are genuinely interested in pursuing an OMFS residency and would like to experience a full scope OMFS residency.

Duties will include: clinic coverage, on call coverage, ER, OR and inpatient management of OMFS patients. Interns will also attend all didactic departmental conferences.

Jacobi/BI/AECOM sponsors a 6 year OMFS program with 2 resident positions / year. The North Bronx Healthcare Network (Jacobi and North Central Bronx Hospital) where the intern will spend the majority of his/her time, encompasses a busy Level 1 Trauma Center in the Eastern Bronx. Our residents (GPR, Pediatric Dentistry, and OMFS) manage over 35,000 out-patient visits per year. In addition to our 6-year residents, we annually accept several OMFS interns. The OMFS interns are an integral part of the patient care team. The majority of our past interns were successful in matching with OMFS programs immediately following completion of the internship.

Successful candidates will be bright, self-motivated and eager to become part of a dynamic OMFS team. Additionally they will have completed at least a PGY-1 GPR or AEGD before the start of the program. The OMFS internships are fully funded positions. Salaries start at the PGY-2 level.

If you have applied to our residency program, we can simply activate your existing application for consideration immediately following the match. If you have not previously applied to our program, please email your CV and any available academic information (transcripts etc.). Interested parties should contact our departmental administrator Lisandra Santana ([email protected]).

Why is it necessary to have completed a GPR or AEGD in order to apply?